Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County @ Middlesboro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok let's get this started.. who wins and why?

It's gonna be a crazy atmosphere for sure , North vs. South Civil War type battle. Our passing game vs. the Bell running game.
Bell by as much as they want.
If Middlesboro can stop Cody Davenport, they got a chance. Its not totally out of the question the Boro comes out with a W. They're a cofident group and i dont think Chase Roark can be stoped. His receviers were droping beautiful passes left and right
Bell County - 44

Middlesboro - 10
Bell Co-38
Middlesboro-20
Middlesboro's passing game has put up big numbers so far this season,but they are untested so far. Pineville may be the best secondary they have gone up against to this point. I hope the Jackets can put 50 pts on the board against Bell,because Bell will. Defense is Middlesboro's downfall. Pineville scored 14,Bourbon 21 and Hancock 7. All three teams are very weak offensively. Bell is not. Davenport is Bell's big weapon,but not their only weapon. You have stop Oslonian,Polly and Collett also. My prediction is Bell - 55 to 14.
This game will be high scoring. I am going to say Bell Co. 56 Middlesboro 21
Hancock is the worst team in the state of Tn and in the state of Ky. Middlesboro has one of the weakest schedule in the state for a team that has or had tradition.
Bell 56
M'boro 14 and those 14 will be scored late in the game.
Havent seen bell stop a pass attack in a long time. the rain helped them against lex cath. Bell needs to just have the qb hand it off to davenport. Bell's qb is the weak link on bell's offense. However if he can get the qb center exchange under control that weak link isnt so weak. It's true Middlesboro schedule is soft and they really do not stop the run to well. Middlesboro is under sized but has some really tall wr/db. I would say bell wins 52-35
Bell Co 56
Middlesboro 14

Davenport gets over 300 yards rushing while Polly gets 150. Mills knew how to shut down Boro last year as Knox shut out Middlesboro.
Middlesboro cant score 35 on bell in the next two years combine. looking at the schedule may score 35 on Jackson Co.
devildawg20 Wrote:Havent seen bell stop a pass attack in a long time. the rain helped them against lex cath. Bell needs to just have the qb hand it off to davenport. Bell's qb is the weak link on bell's offense. However if he can get the qb center exchange under control that weak link isnt so weak. It's true Middlesboro schedule is soft and they really do not stop the run to well. Middlesboro is under sized but has some really tall wr/db. I would say bell wins 52-35

Held LexCath under 200 yds passing and the field was not wet. Lafayette has a decent passing attack as well and was shutout in the 2nd half. Don't get carried away.

M'boro does not need make this game their primary focus for the 2011 season or it will be a long year.

BTW shutting down Cody Davenport should be pretty easy.......after all he is a freshman at Lindsey Wilson College.
HAHAHA I see a lot of people mix Cody and Corey up! I knew this thread would fire up as soon as the games ended last night! Bell will take this one, Middlesboro cannot stop the run attack from bell.
The Dragon's travel to Middlesboro in 2 weeks. Should be a better game.
Harlan wins in two weeks over the jackets
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Held LexCath under 200 yds passing and the field was not wet. Lafayette has a decent passing attack as well and was shutout in the 2nd half. Don't get carried away.

M'boro does not need make this game their primary focus for the 2011 season or it will be a long year.

BTW shutting down Cody Davenport should be pretty easy.......after all he is a freshman at Lindsey Wilson College.

Bobcat dad I wouldn't go as far as saying the field wasn't wet, I stood in the rain for well over an hour, but the argument that bell slowed down Bolin because of the rain is ridiculous. Bolin seemed to have better number after they came back out from the delay than he did when the field was dry though. Looking for Davenport to have a HUGE game. Bell 52 Mboro- 7

trap25

I remember the last couple times we played the yellow jackets. We beat them very bad. One time they even called it quits after half-time. I see nothing changing. This isn't as big of a rivalry as people think. The real rivalry starts back in a couple weeks when We play Corbin.
Bell should win by 3 touchdowns..I think their one weakness was shown against the pass in their first game out.
&& Roark by many as well as myself is considered the best quarterback in the mountains.
I think Bell will take a lot out of this game as This will be a pretty good test against pretty good passing.
I Hope neither team gets any injurys for they have by far bigger upcoming games.
Harlan took a week off before meeting up with boro and defintley will be watching.
Thats going to be an awesome game IMO. The Corbin-Bell game is a welcome back sight.
Corbin is slightly down But have no Problem whatsoever Getting up and playing on another level against the Bobcats. Dont know what it is about the corbin-bell game But Corbin have always seemed to rather lose to ANYBODY but Those Bell County Bobcats..lol
meebee Bell is just a lil to close to the Tennesee border to be likeable by corbin. Wink

Unregistered

I hope bells team takes the jackets as lightly as the posters on here, I've seen both teams and nothing leads me to believe bell will name the score. Remember the kenny roark era is over. Bell should win but by 50 please. I guess its easy to be cocky playing in that super weak 4a the last few years. Boyle and bell was it, then posters here say mboro plays a light schedule, could u win mboro district this yr. Why play powerhouses when you are rebuilding. That's ok in the grand scheme bells just another mtn team
Bell County 35 - Middlesboro 28

Unregistered

Stardust Wrote:Bell County 35 - Middlesboro 28
If the Middlesboro- Bell County game is as close as you predict.
I will wash your car for the remainder of the football season.
And if it is that good of a game after the Merciless BEATINGS and running up of scores Middlesboro has had too
endure at the a hands of the bobcats in their hayday..
I will do so ever so gladly.
Even while whistling dixie if you like. =)
It has been a long drought for the the Middlesboro Yellow Jackets
and If they happen to upset Bell County it will Be more than a big deal.
it will be HUGE.
Go Jackets!!
Bell County - 53
Middlesboro - 15

Unregistered

Same guy as unregistered poster before here. I can understand why bell should be cocky and confident that's ok and I understand, but that's what gets you beat a lot of times. I did go to mboro years ago but I do and will respect bell but I never cheer for bell. As a poster before stated its not as big a rival as people think, probably, its been a power struggle. Middlesboro beat bell co like 40 yrs strait and then in the early 90s the tide shifted, and in due time it will again. Mboro had a championship run like bell has been on lately in the late 90s and it ended. Bells will too so enjoy it and be cocky while you can, the tide will swing back in due time maybe not this year but it will

Oh bell wins only because of mboros youth on defense. Davenport will have a big game as will roark. To me it will be like the tim couch era at uk
Bell 49
Boro 34
But honestly mboro is a lot better than a lot are givin them credit for. And bell isn't as good as a lot are makin them out to be. Just my opinion feel free to make it yours
strawshaker Wrote:Bell should win by 3 touchdowns..I think their one weakness was shown against the pass in their first game out.
&& Roark by many as well as myself is considered the best quarterback in the mountains.
I think Bell will take a lot out of this game as This will be a pretty good test against pretty good passing.
I Hope neither team gets any injurys for they have by far bigger upcoming games.
Harlan took a week off before meeting up with boro and defintley will be watching.
Thats going to be an awesome game IMO. The Corbin-Bell game is a welcome back sight.
Corbin is slightly down But have no Problem whatsoever Getting up and playing on another level against the Bobcats. Dont know what it is about the corbin-bell game But Corbin have always seemed to rather lose to ANYBODY

but Those Bell County Bobcats..lol
meebee Bell is just a lil to close to the Tennesee border to be likeable by corbin. Wink
Harlan had no choice but to take next week. The team from Va. Backed out on us and left us with an open date.
I don't think anyone is taking M'boro lightly. It's just that if Bourbon Co. Of all teams can put up 21 on the Jackets then Bell,who has a much much stronger offense will more than double that . That is just reality. As far as the Jackets offense goes they will have their hands full against bell's blitzes and pass rush. It won't be like protecting Roark from the likes of Pineville or Hancock Co.. Just say'in.
This game will not be close. Davenport will run for lots of yards, but he will do that against everybody. He has unbelievable speed! Bell has an advantage on the offensive line too. I am glad Mboro/Bell is playing again. Mboro is not in their league yet. Mboro will be competing with them in the future. They are working hard in the weight room and that is what it takes. It will be interesting to see if Mills tries to embarrass Mboro. In my opinion, I don't think he will, but he will have pressure to do that from some his staff. I don't care who wins, but I think I will go watch the game. Good luck to both teams. This games means nothing, but hopefully both teams will get better prepared for their district. Mboro is in a Killer district. Bell's is not as strong, but anything can happen.
No one on the Bell County roster can cover Riddle 1 on 1 they will be forced to double team him leaving Poindexter , Mike and company open all night long. The key for Middlesboro is giving Roark time In the pocket to pick em apart. Bell County will pound the football and I'm sure Davenport will get his we just cant let the other 2 backs and the QB hurt us.

Good Luck Jackets!!!
The problem will be Roark will have no time. I agree Roark could complete some passes, but he will not have any time. Bell will put pressure on him, but hopefully he can complete some three step drop stuff and not get hurt. This will be a measuring stick for Mboro. Hopefully, the Mboro young kids will get mad and work their butts off in the weight room next winter. Maybe coach Frazier will post the score in their locker and make them look at it all winter. Mboro is not their yet, but they will be if they work hard. Coach Frazier needs to use this game as motivation for the future.
Bell co 49 Middlesboro 14
Intimidator Wrote:No one on the Bell County roster can cover Riddle 1 on 1 they will be forced to double team him leaving Poindexter , Mike and company open all night long. The key for Middlesboro is giving Roark time In the pocket to pick em apart. Bell County will pound the football and I'm sure Davenport will get his we just cant let the other 2 backs and the QB hurt us.

Good Luck Jackets!!!

They single covered a kid that is getting a ton of D1 looks at wideout from Lafayette this past Friday. Is Riddle going D1????

Bell will be fine. Middlesboro is not ready for Bell yet, maybe in a few years but not now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4