Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County @ Middlesboro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Unregistered

Coach Mills and his Big Time Bobcats travel over to the hive to tangle with the Jackets this one should be a good one for the first 5 minutes Bell by a bunch
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Middlesboro does hold the overall record. What is the record since Bell Co and Lonejack school consolidated? Middlesboro ran from Bell Co, they got tired of losing all the time.

While he represented M'boro and M'boro gets the credit. The truth is that Kenny Roark ran from Dudley and Bell Co. If you talk to most of M'boro fans they wanted to play and were pissed that they didn't. That's part of the reason that Roark lost respect and support from the M'boro fans and is not the coach today.
leecoukfan Wrote:I don't see the Middlesboro defense stopping Cody Davenport! I think that the Bell O-Line will allow him to run all over the place!! Bobcats in a big way!!

Bell Co. - 42

Middlesboro - 14

Not so much the O-Line that does it for Bell. Davenport will run wild but its because he has some speed and this is one of the slowest M'boro teams in years. They are not that big either so they don't have the ability to play power ball and they cannot out quick anyone. It will show on Friday. Another thing that will let the Bell runners have their way and allow the Bell D to run Chase ragged all night is the lack of discipline that M'boro has shown so far this year and that has been in games that they won. When they get behind and behind by a lot they will fall apart.

K. Roark gutted the M'boro program and the lack of pride, sharpness discipline and work ethic of the players is very obvious. Maybe the current coach can bring the football program back in time but its not now and its not this year and it sure won't be seen on Friday night against Bell.
Blue12 Wrote:Not so much the O-Line that does it for Bell. Davenport will run wild but its because he has some speed and this is one of the slowest M'boro teams in years. They are not that big either so they don't have the ability to play power ball and they cannot out quick anyone. It will show on Friday. Another thing that will let the Bell runners have their way and allow the Bell D to run Chase ragged all night is the lack of discipline that M'boro has shown so far this year and that has been in games that they won. When they get behind and behind by a lot they will fall apart.

K. Roark gutted the M'boro program and the lack of pride, sharpness discipline and work ethic of the players is very obvious. Maybe the current coach can bring the football program back in time but its not now and its not this year and it sure won't be seen on Friday night against Bell.

Thanks for the details! Should be another great Friday night for the Bobcats!
Amped 88 Wrote:19-2 Bell County
Just curious.what is the OVERALL All time record in this rivalry?
Pretty sure it should be about even.
I know the Corbin-Middlesboro rivalry was tied at one point but
I think the redhounds leads that series now.
42-14 Bell

Unregistered

This game will be closer than people think. I really believe the Yellow Jackets will play better than most think.

As for the series, it's still not even close. As of 2004 I "think" Middlesboro lead by 17-20 games. Bell did'nt really compete with Middlesboro until they built the new school.

Good luck to both teams tonight!
Unregistered Wrote:This game will be closer than people think. I really believe the Yellow Jackets will play better than most think.

As for the series, it's still not even close. As of 2004 I "think" Middlesboro lead by 17-20 games. Bell did'nt really compete with Middlesboro until they built the new school.

Good luck to both teams tonight!

Whats bad is that gap would had closed if Boro would had not ran from Bell Co. 6 wins that Bell Co lost out on.

I can say one thing Middlesboro WILL NOT score more than #8 team in 6A did in Lafayette at 26 points. Not only did Bell score 32 points on Lafayette, Lafayette's D will be head and shoulders above Boro's.
i am guessing this game will not be televised on the net. what is the radio station again that streams the games for bell? sometimes i dislike being in Louisville.
johnnyt Wrote:i am guessing this game will not be televised on the net. what is the radio station again that streams the games for bell? sometimes i dislike being in Louisville.

http://www.thebig1063.com/
Amped 88 Wrote:19-2 Bell County
I read somewhere where the OVERALL win/loss in this series
is Middlesboro 46 wins Bell county 22 wins
If that is true Bell most certainally needs to win and keep this thing close.
the street infront of the stadium will be closed at 4pm. they will be plenty of tail gaiting and good food. hopefully they will be some good football and its not a route.
Unregistered Wrote:As for the series, it's still not even close. As of 2004 I "think" Middlesboro lead by 17-20 games. Bell did'nt really compete with Middlesboro until they built the new school.

That is true. Middlesboro dominated this rivalry up until 1982 or so. Bell and Pineville were fairly evenly matched as well. The new school and Lone Jack contributed to the Bell Co of today......and they should be proud of what they've accomplished since.
Good Luck to Both teams!!
And If your expecting a good parking place..its not going to happen.
You best Put on your hiking shoes..park in a well lit area and leave early to escape the madness. lol If your healthy I suggest parking near Mcdonalds and krogers on 25 E and take a good hike.
Just listen for the crowd and watch for the lights.
Good luck all.

Unregistered

it did take two schools to combine for Bell to start beating Middlesboro no matter what happens tonight Middlesboro still has a dominating lead in the series I have it right hear in a book about Middlesboro football up into 1990. middlesboro beat them 25 or 30 straight years up to 1985 , it took two big high schools and Dudley Hilton to make Bell County what they are today . If Dudley was never hired Bell would still suck just like they did for the first 75 years they played football. Middlesboro has had more division 1 football players than Bell, Middlesboro is also in the top ten in the state in all time victories they were as high as number 7 , and Bell County is king of eastern Kentucky like they claim ,but they have just been winning football games since the mid 80's.
laker20 Wrote:That is true. Middlesboro dominated this rivalry up until 1982 or so. Bell and Pineville were fairly evenly matched as well. The new school and Lone Jack contributed to the Bell Co of today......and they should be proud of what they've accomplished since.

Actually about 3 things contributed to Bell becoming who they are today and M'boro being what they are as well.

The most important thing is not the consolidation of the schools but the fact a little man named Dudley became the coach at Bell. Over the next few years this will become very evident and his importance to Bell's success will become extremely clear.

The second most important thing in the recent series was Kenny Roark being the coach at M'boro along with a little help from the M'boro school system leadership loosing interest in sports, this allowed Kenny to stay around way too long and he destroyed the football program. This had a LOT to do with widening the gap between M'boro and Bell.

The third thing was the schools coming together, but it was clearly not the major factor. The point being that if the schools did not come together and the first two happened the results would have still been the same with the rivalary and the series.
Unregistered Wrote:it did take two schools to combine for Bell to start beating Middlesboro no matter what happens tonight Middlesboro still has a dominating lead in the series I have it right hear in a book about Middlesboro football up into 1990. middlesboro beat them 25 or 30 straight years up to 1985 , it took two big high schools and Dudley Hilton to make Bell County what they are today . If Dudley was never hired Bell would still suck just like they did for the first 75 years they played football. Middlesboro has had more division 1 football players than Bell, Middlesboro is also in the top ten in the state in all time victories they were as high as number 7 , and Bell County is king of eastern Kentucky like they claim ,but they have just been winning football games since the mid 80's.

all of that and a smile, still wont get a middlesboro fan a coke.
Pages: 1 2 3 4