Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County @ Middlesboro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bell by 3 TD's
People can say what they wont bout the game nether side has a right to say they won anything whether its cory runing the score up or chase doing the same ether way both sides are gonna play hard and the comment on chase not having enough time to pass the jackets o-line is better than what you think sometimes not so shaby but in this game they take it important with denny buise and eric macey two o-line seniors and jason napier and tyler prater as sophmores
TopCat Wrote:They single covered a kid that is getting a ton of D1 looks at wideout from Lafayette this past Friday. Is Riddle going D1????

Bell will be fine. Middlesboro is not ready for Bell yet, maybe in a few years but not now.
Riddle is only a JR and I hope Bell County does play him 1 on 1 after the first 2 games it will be a welcomed sight.

Unregistered

If bell wins by any less than 4 touchdowns I will be shocked
ether way we will see Friday all ik is both sides will fight hard for that w and nether side has it easy this could be a bowling green vs Alabama in the making
Not much talking about this game. The Bobcats will prevail.
Intimidator Wrote:Riddle is only a JR and I hope Bell County does play him 1 on 1 after the first 2 games it will be a welcomed sight.

Bell's D held a future D1 QB and his receiving corps from Lex Cath to around 200 yards passing and just over 50% completions in the first game with 2 returning defensive starters..neither of them being a DB. They played single coverage on a kid getting D1 looks, and did pretty daggone well. I'm glad you think they cant handle the Middlesboro passing game with exaggerated stats. Not taking anything away from Roark, he's fantastic. But I dont see him throwing 3, or 5 td's on Bell. I don't see Middlesboro having the ball long enough to allow him to throw 30+ passes either.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Bell's D held a future D1 QB and his receiving corps from Lex Cath to around 200 yards passing and just over 50% completions in the first game with 2 returning defensive starters..neither of them being a DB. They played single coverage on a kid getting D1 looks, and did pretty daggone well. I'm glad you think they cant handle the Middlesboro passing game with exaggerated stats. Not taking anything away from Roark, he's fantastic. But I dont see him throwing 3, or 5 td's on Bell. I don't see Middlesboro having the ball long enough to allow him to throw 30+ passes either.
Good post. I agree with it. Middlesboro hasn't competed against a worthy opponent to this point. Only padded stats to this point. I'm sure Roark is as advertised but their offensive line just hasn't seen the blitz like Bell Co.can bring it. Pineville,Bourbon or Hancock,not even on the same planet. If they want to move the ball any at all they need to stick to short yardage passes.
Bell 35 middlesboro 7.
Bell 47
M'boro 16
Dragonsdad Wrote:Good post. I agree with it. Middlesboro hasn't competed against a worthy opponent to this point. Only padded stats to this point. I'm sure Roark is as advertised but their offensive line just hasn't seen the blitz like Bell Co.can bring it. Pineville,Bourbon or Hancock,not even on the same planet. If they want to move the ball any at all they need to stick to short yardage passes.

They're gonna have to keep Bell's offense off the field before they can do anything. Assuming Bell County's D is on the field longer than the Bell County offense, it means one of two things; A) Bell has beaten Middlesboro just as bad as the last time the two hooked up, and is scoring on nearly every possession very quickly, or B) Middlesboro's defense is incredibly under rated. If I was a betting man in this scenario, my money is on A.
Bell will name the score as many have said. M'boro needs to play this game but they are a couple of years from being able to compete on this level and that's if the new coach is able to get the program on the right track. Bell is likely to back off running the score up real bad due to the relationships with the coaches. You can bet if Roark was coaching the game Bell would put 50+ on the Jackets.
If mboro can give chase time to throw against a 8 man rush then im pretty sure they can when they play bell it dont matter who is playing the d when 8 men rush a o-line then they should put some kind of pressure on chase and that being said if bells d comes forth and bull rushes chase hahah da kids got legs and he can scramble and get 15 to ten yards at a time so to all bell poster dont come in the game thinking its gonna be easy cuz its not boro is coming in to prove a point thos young men work hard to where they have got bell there coming in thinking its gonna be a blow out not a good way to start off a game against a team like mboro
Unregistered Wrote:If bell wins by any less than 4 touchdowns I will be shocked

Then be ready to be shocked. Middlesboro has to much athletic talent to be blown out. They may not be as strong at Bell yet, but Randy Frazier will change that, watch and see.

I may piss some people off by saying this, but I think Bell's strength will be the difference in the end as they score late to pull it out, 35-28.
No contest, Davenport run for 3 miles and 6 tds!
Yellow Jacket fan Wrote:Then be ready to be shocked. Middlesboro has to much athletic talent to be blown out. They may not be as strong at Bell yet, but Randy Frazier will change that, watch and see.

I may piss some people off by saying this, but I think Bell's strength will be the difference in the end as they score late to pull it out, 35-28.

Wow! So, according to you,the Jackets are in the same league as teams like Lex.Cath. And Lafayette . If they are that good I don't see them having any trouble blowing through the 2A state championship. Wonder why the A.P.ranked them at 14th in 2A?
footballfans Wrote:If mboro can give chase time to throw against a 8 man rush then im pretty sure they can when they play bell it dont matter who is playing the d when 8 men rush a o-line then they should put some kind of pressure on chase and that being said if bells d comes forth and bull rushes chase hahah da kids got legs and he can scramble and get 15 to ten yards at a time so to all bell poster dont come in the game thinking its gonna be easy cuz its not boro is coming in to prove a point thos young men work hard to where they have got bell there coming in thinking its gonna be a blow out not a good way to start off a game against a team like mboro

Not payed attention to Bell this year? The last two games we've been playing with 4 dbs. Collett, Green, Oslonian, and Davenport are all more than capable of handling the Mboro receivers. Had Davenport not took over at running back, I firmly believe we'd be talking D1 level DB, was one of the better ones I've ever personally saw in highschool as just a freshman. Bells Defense so far this year has been much more coverage based than blitz..which makes this defense even more dangerous and unpredictable. Hope you guys do come in expecting an 8 man rush, and let Roark sling in into coverage with those 4 lurking back there :biggrin:
Davenport Wins this game Big Big Big did I say BIG!!!!!!!

BC- 58
Mid - 7
footballfans Wrote:If mboro can give chase time to throw against a 8 man rush then im pretty sure they can when they play bell it dont matter who is playing the d when 8 men rush a o-line then they should put some kind of pressure on chase and that being said if bells d comes forth and bull rushes chase hahah da kids got legs and he can scramble and get 15 to ten yards at a time so to all bell poster dont come in the game thinking its gonna be easy cuz its not boro is coming in to prove a point thos young men work hard to where they have got bell there coming in thinking its gonna be a blow out not a good way to start off a game against a team like mboro

IMO he won't have the time to throw like you think he will and I don't think he will get 10-15 yards on Bell. Not taking anything away from him because I think he is a great QB, but he is not the only kid on that field. This is a big game for both teams, nobody is over looking Middlesboro, the Bobcats are very focused on the game they have each week. I do get sick of hearing almost every week " our boys have worked hard to get where they are", so have ours...do you think they have got this far by us feeding them grapes and fanning them all through their practice, ours work hard too! I get so tired of us working hard and winning and the other team getting the moral victory because they worked hard to get where they are. It's football for goodness sakes, WORK HARD, PUT UP OR SHUT UP, AND move on to the next game at hand!

Bell 42
M'boro 14

I'm pretty sure it will matter because Bell's linebackers will be alot faster and hit a whole lot harder than what Middlesboro has seen thus far. Listen, I'm not trying to cut on Middlesboro. They will be an upper half 2A team and have a pretty decent passing game when they are playing teams of their caliber and slightly above. But,Bell is a top 3,at least,3A squad and would probably be a top 5 4A team if they were still on that level. They will just be too much for the Jackets. They ,most likely,will be back in Bowlingreen this season and thats something that the Jacket's will not be able to match on the 2A level. I personally feel that coach Frazier will be able to bring Middlesboro back from obscurity,but it will take a few seasons.
mommacat Wrote:IMO he won't have the time to throw like you think he will and I don't think he will get 10-15 yards on Bell. Not taking anything away from him because I think he is a great QB, but he is not the only kid on that field. This is a big game for both teams, nobody is over looking Middlesboro, the Bobcats are very focused on the game they have each week. I do get sick of hearing almost every week " our boys have worked hard to get where they are", so have ours...do you think they have got this far by us feeding them grapes and fanning them all through their practice, ours work hard too! I get so tired of us working hard and winning and the other team getting the moral victory because they worked hard to get where they are. It's football for goodness sakes, WORK HARD, PUT UP OR SHUT UP, AND move on to the next game at hand!

Bell 42
M'boro 14

Great post Mommacat!!!
Bell County 42

Middlesboro 14

Bell won't run the score up too big cause coaches are friends.

:trolldad2:
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Bell County 42

Middlesboro 14

Bell won't run the score up too big cause coaches are friends.

:trolldad2:

No, Bell won't run the score up on the Jackets. But, I'll bet you this,Davenport takes the very first play from scrimmage all the way home. Or at least the first time he gets the ball.
I don't expect Middlesboro to win this game. I do expect it to be a bit of a better game than most are predicting. The loss of Dudley Hilton alone will make this a better game. Most years Middlesboro had as much talent if not more than Bell did but the difference was coaching. I'm just glad this game is being played again.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:They're gonna have to keep Bell's offense off the field before they can do anything. Assuming Bell County's D is on the field longer than the Bell County offense, it means one of two things; A) Bell has beaten Middlesboro just as bad as the last time the two hooked up, and is scoring on nearly every possession very quickly, or B) Middlesboro's defense is incredibly under rated. If I was a betting man in this scenario, my money is on A.

When is the last time that the two teams played? Best I can remember, it was 2002 at Middlesboro and the final score was 20-0.

If Middlesboro has an edge in this game it would be that they are simply deeper in there WRs than Bell County is with their DBs. Granted, Bell may have the personnel to minimize Riddle's impact on the game. However, I watched Middlesboro's last game and Riddle was being double teamed and was hardly involved and they never missed a beat. They have 4 solid WRs and they all seem to be equally capable of making big plays. That being said, Riddle is the big play maker and they will get him involved.

Another thing that I disagree with when I read a lot of your posts is the idea that Roark needs a lot of time to be successful. In Middlesboro's offense, they run just as many short screens and slants as they do deep routes. They run out of shotgun which means Chase has even more time that he would have otherwise had to spend on his drop from under center. Add to that, the fact that their running back (Hughett) is more like an athletic lineman in the back field and I'd say the Middlesboro coaches feel pretty confident about their time in the pocket going into this game. Even Harlan showed success against Bell through the air in the Grid.

Middlesboro is no doubt the underdog, as they should be, being about the half the size of Bell County. However, I don't think this one has a chance of being a blowout; I think it's a good game to the end.
Well according to nationalsportsrankings.com's head to head predictor, Bell Co. wins this game 44-15.. Davenport is projected to have 196 yards and 2 scores on 29 carries.
It will be a great game "for the first half"........Bell too much in the long run 35-10
[quote=MHS Parent4Life]

If Middlesboro has an edge in this game it would be that they are simply deeper in there WRs than Bell County is with their DBs. Granted, Bell may have the personnel to minimize Riddle's impact on the game. However, I watched Middlesboro's last game and Riddle was being double teamed and was hardly involved and they never missed a beat. They have 4 solid WRs and they all seem to be equally capable of making big plays. That being said, Riddle is the big play maker and they will get him involved.

IMO comparing us to Hancock and how you played them should not even be an issue, The Hancock team you played Friday is no where in the same league as Bell.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:When is the last time that the two teams played? Best I can remember, it was 2002 at Middlesboro and the final score was 20-0.

Another thing that I disagree with when I read a lot of your posts is the idea that Roark needs a lot of time to be successful. In Middlesboro's offense, they run just as many short screens and slants as they do deep routes. They run out of shotgun which means Chase has even more time that he would have otherwise had to spend on his drop from under center. Add to that, the fact that their running back (Hughett) is more like an athletic lineman in the back field and I'd say the Middlesboro coaches feel pretty confident about their time in the pocket going into this game. Even Harlan showed success against Bell through the air in the Grid.

Middlesboro is no doubt the underdog, as they should be, being about the half the size of Bell County. However, I don't think this one has a chance of being a blowout; I think it's a good game to the end.

IMO comparing us to Hancock and how you played them should not even be an issue, The Hancock team you played Friday is no where in the same league as Bell. SORRY NOT SURE HOW I MESSED THE LAST POST UP!
mommacat Wrote:IMO comparing us to Hancock and how you played them should not even be an issue, The Hancock team you played Friday is no where in the same league as Bell. SORRY NOT SURE HOW I MESSED THE LAST POST UP!

I was simply stating that regardless of the opponent, Middlesboro's playbook is diverse enough to allow for success for multiple receivers. So, even if Bell County does shut down Riddle, Middlesboro wouldn't have to make any big adjustments in order to get the ball to one of the other options.

I know everyone keeps saying they faced a future D1 QB against Lexington Catholic but Bell County fans just can't get over the fact that Roark is also a future D1 QB with offers from a handful of D1 schools already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4