•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central 2011
UKFootball Wrote:The Smith kid will be eligable next season, and it looks like Chapman now has a D-1 QB and now D-1 Athlete that can play any position on the football field.

Pike Central could have the talent next season to compete for the state championship. That Smith kid scored on Breathitt on the first play, during a scrimmage, he can flat fly, and only got better as he rushed for 2000 yards as a junior.

If you combine Boggs and this kid, Pike Central would have close to 5000 yards coming back and almost 70 combined touchdowns. WOW

Sounds like there will be a lot of court dates for Pike Central and the KHSAA.
roots rod Wrote:Sounds like there will be a lot of court dates for Pike Central and the KHSAA.

:lmao:
oldtimer3 Wrote:He might be ruled ineligible, but there are other factors that may come in to play. Especially if he has been or is ruled homeless by state laws. They are granted another year of eligiblity in everything, if this is or was the situation.

It depends where Tim's birthday falls. Jordan Hairston's house burnt down and he failed in middle school and due to the way his birthdate fell, he was ineligible this past season.
roots rod Wrote:Sounds like there will be a lot of court dates for Pike Central and the KHSAA.

Here we go again....... I'm going to bite my tongue this time though. Just drop that already get off of it and move on seriously. Just let the kids play ball quit bringing this junk up.
Belfry0304 Wrote:It depends where Tim's birthday falls. Jordan Hairston's house burnt down and he failed in middle school and due to the way his birthdate fell, he was ineligible this past season.

Shew..... someones house burning down is an unfortunate and awful thing. thing. I am not make light of anyone losing there home. But he definition of homeless, according to the law that we are talking about is different. Call the state department of social services and they can tell you how it is classified.

Ineligible to play what? He played basketball, didn't he?
oldtimer3 Wrote:Shew..... someones house burning down is an unfortunate and awful thing. thing. I am not make light of anyone losing there home. But he definition of homeless, according to the law that we are talking about is different. Call the state department of social services and they can tell you how it is classified.

Ineligible to play what? He played basketball, didn't he?

I wasn't saying he wasn't ineligible, I was just saying. Sometimes it's like the KHSAA tosses a coin on these things. I wasn't trying to make light of the other kid's homelessness either.

and yes, he played basketball.
HawksRule Wrote:Here we go again....... I'm going to bite my tongue this time though. Just drop that already get off of it and move on seriously. Just let the kids play ball quit bringing this junk up.

Why should we just let them play if they arent eligible. I mean to say is its not fair u taking other kids from other schools. And letting ur players that have been there get there positions tooken by players that just got there.
Belfry Insider Wrote:Why should we just let them play if they arent eligible. I mean to say is its not fair u taking other kids from other schools. And letting ur players that have been there get there positions tooken by players that just got there.

Okay, but I'm saying let it go because you have no 100% proof what's going on. If you don't know the truth then keep it to yourself seriously. Most of the **** flying around right now isn't true. So don't bring it back up unless you feel like talking it out in your head or with your friends down 119.
HawksRule Wrote:Okay, but I'm saying let it go because you have no 100% proof what's going on. If you don't know the truth then keep it to yourself seriously. Most of the **** flying around right now isn't true. So don't bring it back up unless you feel like talking it out in your head or with your friends down 119.

Well considering i have a few friends from pike central and relatives i know what im talking about. Anybody that knows what im refering to would know. That Alan and Cory both were getting picked up to go to school at Pike central. From where i dont remember what the my "friend" told me. Oh and wasnt it
Landon T. the one who told on them?
HawksRule Wrote:Here we go again....... I'm going to bite my tongue this time though. Just drop that already get off of it and move on seriously. Just let the kids play ball quit bringing this junk up.

Has the KHSAA dropped it? Or are you hoping that not talking about it, will make it all go away? Regardless, I don't blame Pike Central for trying to better their football program, I'm sure others do get players to come and play without any complaints. But ,the KHSAA did rule and they are suppose to be the governing body of high school athletics,a Pike county judge showed us otherwise! Only in Kentucky, got to love it! Where I'm from (WV), the governing body of high school athletics made a ruling and it was decisive and the judge in Kanawaha county sided with that governing body, hence South Charleston High School out of state championship game. So, I ask what's the piont of having the KHSAA if there not able to enforce?
Belfry Insider Wrote:Well considering i have a few friends from pike central and relatives i know what im talking about. Anybody that knows what im refering to would know. That Alan and Cory both were getting picked up to go to school at Pike central. From where i dont remember what the my "friend" told me. Oh and wasnt it

If you truly knew anything you was taking you'd know Cory Shouse hasn't lived in Breathitt for quite sometime now. You really don't know what's going on you know some, but it's time to just quit and drop it. This thread is about football not this bull ****. :Thumbs:
HawksRule Wrote:If you truly knew anything you was taking you'd know Cory Shouse hasn't lived in Breathitt for quite sometime now. You really don't know what's going on you know some, but it's time to just quit and drop it. This thread is about football not this bull ****. :Thumbs:

You know ur right this is about football so what is Cory and Alan. are they bettering themselves for football ? and how does the whole football team look.
Belfry Insider Wrote:You know ur right this is about football so what is Cory and Alan. are they bettering themselves for football ? and how does the whole football team look.

If your being serious then the team is looking good from what I have been told .
HawksRule Wrote:If your being serious then the team is looking good from what I have been told .

You still are avoiding my question about Alan Boggs i mean he was really good 2600+ passing yards.
Belfry Insider Wrote:You still are avoiding my question about Alan Boggs i mean he was really good 2600+ passing yards.

That's because I like to look at things as a whole. Yes one guy maybe really good, but he couldn't be that good if another guy doesn't do his job. Are you getting what I'm saying? Individual accomplishments mean nothing. Alan is a great player and I'm sure he would tell you the same thing I'm saying. It's all about the win and loss column.
Belfry Insider Wrote:Well considering i have a few friends from pike central and relatives i know what im talking about. Anybody that knows what im refering to would know. That Alan and Cory both were getting picked up to go to school at Pike central. From where i dont remember what the my "friend" told me. Oh and wasnt it

It seems my last post was deleted, but I'll state the facts again. You are repeating herarsay. I don't care who your family and friends are, you need to check your sources before you repeat them. Their facts aren't all accurate. Again, please stop using these kid's names on here. You are not establishling any creditabilty by doing so. But I guess that you are assuming that mentioning their names valid your point. Wrong. If you can't remember what friend you told something, I wouldn't repeat it. This all can be delete again, but the facts that I have will stand in a court of law, will yours. And remember I don't know of a glass house in pond creek.

I am telling you to let it be, worry about your own before things come back to bite you.

I wonder why my other post was deleted? Nothing bad or derogatory, but truth.
Why are Belfry fans worried about recruiting?
This is a Pike County Central thread, NOT a Belfry thread. If you wish to discuss Belfry, please post in the thread started on them. As far as Belfry being worried about the situtation similiar to Pike Centrals, that is rather far fetched for anyone to assume. Please keep this on topic.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:This is a Pike County Central thread, NOT a Belfry thread. If you wish to discuss Belfry, please post in the thread started on them. As far as Belfry being worried about the situtation similiar to Pike Centrals, that is rather far fetched for anyone to assume. Please keep this on topic.

Thank you, but I don't think facts constitute an assumptions. We all know what assumptions do and they are not good.
Belfry Insider Wrote:Why should we just let them play if they arent eligible. I mean to say is its not fair u taking other kids from other schools. And letting ur players that have been there get there positions tooken by players that just got there.

I wonder about your statement too. They were ruled eligible at one time, ok. And the players just didn't get there, they were enrolled at PC well into the previous school year. It's not like they were enrolling in April and only playing for one year either.

I agree it's not fair, but thinks aren't always fair are they.
Did the school receive any ruling on two of the student athletes that have been in question as to their eligibility status on Thursday??
throw deep Wrote:Did the school receive any ruling on two of the student athletes that have been in question as to their eligibility status on Thursday??

I have keeping up to date on this information and as said before back in Feb or late Jan I reported on the hearing however, I have not heard anything on the ruling as of yet. I will check on this sometime today to see what I can find out.
I've been told that the ruling would be sometime after school goes out for the summer. To me, KHSAA needs to get their ducks in a row and take care of this instead of letting it linger on.... too much gossip, rumors, and guessing being done on BOTH sides of the fence here IMHO. These are kids not men we are talking about and to let this go on for such a length of time is just plain crazy!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
From what I was told today (so please don't get angry at me, I'm just telling what I was told by an ADULT) PCC received a letter Thursday declaring them ineligible from then on. This should not effect Pike Central '10, but would '11.

They were ruled eligible from pre-season to Week 9, then they should not lose those games. If they decided that they WERE ineligible after that, and the injunction did allow them to play THEN they should look at forfeitting the games (Which would only be Prestonsburg/Basketball) if it is that serious of an issue.

IF, (Notice the if) that is true then I assume Norman starts quarterback and I'm sure Shouse is replaceable. Hurts the depth if anything. But this is all assumption, and I hope everything works out and these kids do get to play because as a good friend of someone who wasn't able to play his senior year I saw how sad it truly was.
oldtimer3 Wrote:I wonder about your statement too. They were ruled eligible at one time, ok. And the players just didn't get there, they were enrolled at PC well into the previous school year. It's not like they were enrolling in April and only playing for one year either.

I agree it's not fair, but thinks aren't always fair are they.

Im confused are you against me or not.
Oh and ive learned that life isnt fair.
I'm not surprised by this.
Wow, still a mess of uncertainty! As someone already said, the KHSAA need to rule one way or the other and let all involved ( kids, coaches, school, parents, fans) move on.
Belfry0304 Wrote:From what I was told today (so please don't get angry at me, I'm just telling what I was told by an ADULT) PCC received a letter Thursday declaring them ineligible from then on. This should not effect Pike Central '10, but would '11.

They were ruled eligible from pre-season to Week 9, then they should not lose those games. If they decided that they WERE ineligible after that, and the injunction did allow them to play THEN they should look at forfeitting the games (Which would only be Prestonsburg/Basketball) if it is that serious of an issue.

IF, (Notice the if) that is true then I assume Norman starts quarterback and I'm sure Shouse is replaceable. Hurts the depth if anything. But this is all assumption, and I hope everything works out and these kids do get to play because as a good friend of someone who wasn't able to play his senior year I saw how sad it truly was.
Alan and Cory will be playing next year. I promise.:Thumbs:
Real Badman Wrote:You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Granted normal situations yes, a high school player has 4 years of eligibility from the start of June their freshmen season, but if you actually knew something then you would know about the redshirt statuses available under certain situations.

I know exactly what I am talking about. There is no so called "redshirt" scenario that involves gaining an extra year of eligibility due to lack of credits. This is absurd.:dontthink
Belfry0304 Wrote:From what I was told today (so please don't get angry at me, I'm just telling what I was told by an ADULT) PCC received a letter Thursday declaring them ineligible from then on. This should not effect Pike Central '10, but would '11.

Not a surprise.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next