Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 65 Hazard 63
[quote=CADEREECE]Very sloppy game, both turned the ball over all night. Also was a very physical game, the three refs let it get out of hand.

Very poor officiated both ways, a lot of bad calls and a lot of makeup calls, and one ref who always wants to be center of attention, got everyones attention tonight by tossing Olinger. Thought he baited Olinger into the first technical. He tried to makeup for it a few miniutes later by fouling out Stewart then calling technical on him as he was leaving floor.

I do not think either team got cheated, these three just cannot ref.

Congrats Letcher Central on the win, the Ballou kid had 2 nice tip dunks, and Hazard continues to struggle.[/QUote

LCC had trouble handling the ball in the half court offense, but when they pushed the ball which wasnt much they opened up a little lead!! You are right, the refs let this one get outta hand, and pretty boy Hall was terrible, the other two wasnt as bad as he was! A physical game and a good win for LCC, congrats cougars!!!!
The assigning secretary for basketball needs to look how they assign referees in big games. They had a referee who lives in Perry County, a referee who lives in Letcher County, and a referee who attempts to live in Big Al's rear end. This was a recipe for disaster.
Congrats to LCC on a good win!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The assigning secretary for basketball needs to look how they assign referees in big games. They had a referee who lives in Perry County, a referee who lives in Letcher County, and a referee who attempts to live in Big Al's rear end. This was a recipe for disaster.

He looked to me like he baited Olinger into the first T,because where the ball was put into play,he should have been on the baseline on the other side of the court.When have you ever seen two T's that quick on the same player on a play where nothing was really going on.That one official,loves to make the game changing call in every game he calls,he has to be center of attention.ref's are not held accountable for their bad calls,and they can hide behind their striped skirts.
Who was the refs on this game?????
Congrats to LCC on a huge region win. Use this as momentum to carry you into the distrist.
jackbenimble Wrote:He looked to me like he baited Olinger into the first T,because where the ball was put into play,he should have been on the baseline on the other side of the court.When have you ever seen two T's that quick on the same player on a play where nothing was really going on.That one official,loves to make the game changing call in every game he calls,he has to be center of attention.ref's are not held accountable for their bad calls,and they can hide behind their striped skirts.

I cannot make a determination about this because I do not know what the player may have said. I don't know if I would have called a technical on a player who just blew a kiss to another player when he was leaving the floor after he got his fifth foul but that is not my decision to make(after the opposing player waved at him while he was leaving). I thought the "Ladies Man" did the worst job officiating but everyone knew who his loyalties were with.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I cannot make a determination about this because I do not know what the player may have said. I don't know if I would have called a technical on a player who just blew a kiss to another player when he was leaving the floor after he got his fifth foul but that is not my decision to make(after the opposing player waved at him while he was leaving). I thought the "Ladies Man" did the worst job officiating but everyone knew who his loyalties were with.

The cRook always,always has to put his stamp on the game.No way you want a guy like him calling a big game,because he will always want to be the best player on the court.He can do that and get away with it,because he can hide behind the striped shirt rule.I just wish they didn't call the district games and decide who goes to the regional tourny
Lovthe3 Wrote:Who was the refs on this game?????

Donnie Hall, Cook, and Roy Spencer

I know one of these guys have it out for Olinger.....Hall
jackbenimble Wrote:The cRook always,always has to put his stamp on the game.No way you want a guy like him calling a big game,because he will always want to be the best player on the court.He can do that and get away with it,because he can hide behind the striped shirt rule.I just wish they didn't call the district games and decide who goes to the regional tourny

We've got some good officials in the 14th,but to be the one's that get high rankings,you have to kiss up to the coaches.Those that won't are given low scores,so their rankings make them not be able to call the better games.the third ref at the game was the best of the three.You should as a ref never call a game in the county you live.
ekff Wrote:Donnie Hall, Cook, and Roy Spencer

You couldn't tell it by watching the game. He seem to be in a lovefest with Hazard all night.
jackbenimble Wrote:We've got some good officials in the 14th,but to be the one's that get high rankings,you have to kiss up to the coaches.Those that won't are given low scores,so their rankings make them not be able to call the better games.the third ref at the game was the best of the three.You should as a ref never call a game in the county you live.

I wouldn't give him much credit either. I am sure you can have varying viewpoints according to which side you was on. The one who lives in Letcher called two technicals on a player from Hazard but he also called one technical on a player from Letcher Central but didn't address the gesture made by another Hazard player. The other two referees happen to live in what county: Perry. One of them had family that played for Hazard a couple of years ago and one of them is big buddies with Big Al.
Personally think that if Stewart got a technical for throwing a kiss that the player who initiated it should have gotten one too! I was sitting pretty close when Olinger got the technical and did not really see him being baited, but not sure what he said to the ref. Very physical game that did get out of hand. Almost expected a bench clearing brawl as fans from both sides were getting irrate. Was a great close game though! Gotta admit, region should be interesting this year!
Big win for the Cougars.
I thought they might be able to pull it out but I wouldn't have dare called it on here lol
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I wouldn't give him much credit either. I am sure you can have varying viewpoints according to which side you was on. The one who lives in Letcher called two technicals on a player from Hazard but he also called one technical on a player from Letcher Central but didn't address the gesture made by another Hazard player. The other two referees happen to live in what county: Perry. One of them had family that played for Hazard a couple of years ago and one of them is big buddies with Big Al.

OK... Lets get this out there first... Hall may be buddies with Al, but he hates Hazard, believe me he does. and Spencer had a step-son play for Al but they were mad because he didn't get much playing time... But I'm not saying Hazard got cheated, just getting that out there.. 14th region don't know who they like, they're different every game...

14th best ref moved to the 15th this season.... Tommy Hutton
coolfan Wrote:Personally think that if Stewart got a technical for throwing a kiss that the player who initiated it should have gotten one too! I was sitting pretty close when Olinger got the technical and did not really see him being baited, but not sure what he said to the ref. Very physical game that did get out of hand. Almost expected a bench clearing brawl as fans from both sides were getting irrate. Was a great close game though! Gotta admit, region should be interesting this year!

This was a good game that the refs let get out of hand.Just glad they don't get to call the regional tourny in the 14th.Pity the region that has to watch the Hall and Crook show.
Ah boys...
ekff Wrote:Donnie Hall, Cook, and Roy Spencer

Ouch. Three of the worst officials around.
Congrats LCC
I really enjoyed watching both the JV and Varsity games. The bulldogs pulled out a close one in the Jv. I was impressed by both teams (Hazard and LCC) . Both played with maturity . Both played physical and team ball. The Varsity game was a physical game. I was upset by Hazard's handling of certain situations. They let their emotions dictate their game. LCC is a ball team that plays much better when it is a physical game rather than a slow tempo game. Hazard should have caught on to that.
ekff Wrote:OK... Lets get this out there first... Hall may be buddies with Al, but he hates Hazard, believe me he does. and Spencer had a step-son play for Al but they were mad because he didn't get much playing time... But I'm not saying Hazard got cheated, just getting that out there.. 14th region don't know who they like, they're different every game...

14th best ref moved to the 15th this season.... Tommy Hutton

I agree that Tommy Hutton was one of the best referees. Dexter Campbell is also a good one but he doesn't do LCC games because he use to be a teacher there and he has a niece that starts for LCC girls. Glenn Napier must be taking a leave of absence. Christy Combs does a good job but I only have seen her do girls games.
They should of had Jeff Ritchie and his dad on the game. They are the best crew in the mountains. If Jeff gets mad, he will use his karate on someone.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:They should of had Jeff Ritchie and his dad on the game. They are the best crew in the mountains. If Jeff gets mad, he will use his karate on someone.

:lmao:I am glad you are not the assigning secretary. LOL
VERY SLOPPY !!! Dawgs gotta hit those free throws and take care of the basketball !!! Zebras did let it get out of hand !!! Let go Dawgs !! Get it together !!
Has PCC beat Hazard,Knott or Letcher this year.
Until the fiasco with the tied ball with Johnson and Combs it was not a bad called game. Then emotions started to turn the tide of the game. It is tough to call two T's on a player like Olinger without a reason. Would I have called on a T on Stewart after that...yes.
Should there be a conflict of interest clause for games..yes.. it is in place when refs register each year. It is up to them and the assigning secretary to determine the extent and not place them into such situations.

Both teams played so so. Too many turnovers for this late in the season..many unforced. Hazard must find some scoring inside. Letcher must limit turnovers that lead to easy baskets.

When we get the regional assignments some may be living with the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Good luck to both and may see each other soon in the regional tourney at Hazard.
PCC beat LCC. Hasn't played Hazard.
Late Thursday night PCC will be 2-0 having not yet played Hazard.
where is district and region at this year?
football3030 Wrote:where is district and region at this year?

53rd district is at Knott Central

14 Region is at Hazard

54th district is at Perry Central I believe.