•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Salmons Out at Lawrence County!!!!
By the way.. I think Salmons should be a man and give back any money paid to him as wrestling coach. He totally dumped on this team.. he would not show up at practices, cancel matches, could not even come up with a schedule. He may be a football "god" but but he is worthless at this sport.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Also To talk about the actual issue. Copley would be a awful hire. The best thing to do would be to bring up someone from within to take over.

That's LC's main problem IMO... they don't promote from within...they'd rather hire some joker from outside to come in and run the school into the ground... Whether it be the super, principles, coaches or whatever the case may be. Most school districts reward their faculty/staff by promoting them for their hard work... LC likes to pass over the deserving ones and hire someone from another county or state.
foxtrot1 Wrote:I am curious about this as well. Coach Salmons was in school today. Does this mean he'll be there the rest of the year? Hard for me to believe that he will, but if not then why would he be there teaching today? I'm not sure that teachers contracts are complicated enough to include buy out deals. One would think he could simply quit his teaching job and move on, it happens all the time.

My understanding is that teachers are under contract, but it is nothing major... it is up to the superintendent to release them of it. I would guess Coach Salmons will be required to finish out the remainder of the year simply to NOT disrupt classes, etc...
LCDawg Wrote:My understanding is that teachers are under contract, but it is nothing major... it is up to the superintendent to release them of it. I would guess Coach Salmons will be required to finish out the remainder of the year simply to NOT disrupt classes, etc...

I'm pretty sure he will not finish the school year out here. He will move on to Midland and start prepping for next season.

as far as the comment about him paying back his coaches pay for wrestline. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get paid that money until after seasons end so i think there is no money to be paid back anyways
Even though teachers are under contract, I would say they can quit at anytime and move on. I know teachers move on at various points during the school year quite often. And coaches are not paid until after the season so he wouldn't have any money to pay back.
Why is everyone talking about bringing a coach?
Cecil is right there, has great relationships with the players and is really good at getting them pumped up and fire up, pushes them hard in the weight room.
He has been just as big of a part as salmons has the past couple years in the so called "turn around"
the only thing we turned around was the schedule. I believe the 12-1 team 2 years ago was a solid team but i still didnt consider us as big contenders. We improved greatly i mean tremendously but we sold ourselves out by creating a cakewalk schedule.

Cecil is the guy.
SweetTea Wrote:Why is everyone talking about bringing a coach?
Cecil is right there, has great relationships with the players and is really good at getting them pumped up and fire up, pushes them hard in the weight room.
He has been just as big of a part as salmons has the past couple years in the so called "turn around"
the only thing we turned around was the schedule. I believe the 12-1 team 2 years ago was a solid team but i still didnt consider us as big contenders. We improved greatly i mean tremendously but we sold ourselves out by creating a cakewalk schedule.

Cecil is the guy.

I love how everyone is still talking about our schedule. Until u understand gettin beat 11 times in one season then I'll really realize why it was made the way it was a FYI in 2009 we beat Sheldon Clark who went to the semi finals in state at 3A and Knox central who had a D-1 prospect quarterback. Our schedule is much harder this year with the intoduction or letcher county central, Ashland, belfry, prestonsburg, raceland, and pike county central. Please no more schedule BS.
coming from a kid who has probably the best one on one relationship with cecil, i realize that he would be a perfect fit for the job. everyone has there pick but when it comes down to the wire the admen. make the decisions here. coming from around the betsy lane area, cecil has been in the lawrence county school system for years and is the middle school principal. through my 4 years of high school he has been able to share us his morals and does his absolute best to lead us in the right direction. he is a religious guy and seems to never fail me on any aspect in life.
when it came down to halftime adjustments he and preece are the ones with the brains. when we came out and pushed a big lead after halftime, those two worked together to make things possible. i would do anything to keep preece here in the county. not many realize the impact he has had on our program. these two men have been the BIGGEST contributors to lawrence county.
cecil is here to stay. he has a solid job in the school system and when it comes down to hiring a coach you definitely want someone who is accountable.
Defiant Wrote:I love how everyone is still talking about our schedule. Until u understand gettin beat 11 times in one season then I'll really realize why it was made the way it was a FYI in 2009 we beat Sheldon Clark who went to the semi finals in state at 3A and Knox central who had a D-1 prospect quarterback. Our schedule is much harder this year with the intoduction or letcher county central, Ashland, belfry, prestonsburg, raceland, and pike county central. Please no more schedule BS.

Please don't give me that stuff. The schedule the past two years has been a cake walk. Just ask anyone who is not biased and they will tell you the same. Sweet Tea hit the nail on the head with his post. Just because you have a great record it doesn't mean you are a great team. The past two years LC did what they were supposed to do; they beat inferior schools while playing one of the weakest schedules we have ever had. With all that being said I believe having the weak schedule was good on many fronts as well. It allowed these kids to experience some success and got some interest back from the community. Lastly, this coming years schedule is much better than the past and I'm sure the record will reflect that.
foxtrot1 Wrote:Please don't give me that stuff. The schedule the past two years has been a cake walk. Just ask anyone who is not biased and they will tell you the same. Sweet Tea hit the nail on the head with his post. Just because you have a great record it doesn't mean you are a great team. The past two years LC did what they were supposed to do; they beat inferior schools while playing one of the weakest schedules we have ever had. With all that being said I believe having the weak schedule was good on many fronts as well. It allowed these kids to experience some success and got some interest back from the community. Lastly, this coming years schedule is much better than the past and I'm sure the record will reflect that.

easy to talk when you sit in the stands :yawn:
9-POINT Wrote:easy to talk when you sit in the stands :yawn:

Please..Don't give me that. It's common sense.
stay behind your computer screen and eat your candy bars :flush:
Obviously you are incapable of having an intelligent conversation. I'm done.
since you have no friends do you want me do be yours?
I agree with sweet tea and 9 point I think Coach Cecil if he wants the job should get first shot. He is a godly man who knows the game and is the type of man who will teach these boys not just the game but life lessons that will carry them through out their days. I hope that peace could be made with Coach Preece. He showed commitment to the program and to the boys. He needs to be on the sidelines with Cecil.
I agree that if Cecil wants the job then it'll be his, and that's how it should be. He has shown great commitment to the program over the years and if he is ready to be the head man then I say he has earned it.
i hope cecil does get the job as i loved playing for him. i hope they make their mind up soon
Cecil D coach, Copley Head Coach. Great combination!!!! Bring in Alan Short as a assistant and keep Skinner around well be good.
TSSI Wrote:Cecil D coach, Copley Head Coach. Great combination!!!! Bring in Alan Short as a assistant and keep Skinner around well be good.

Copley=Bad Fit.......what dont you understand!
9-POINT Wrote:Copley=Bad Fit.......what dont you understand!

Why is Copley a bad fit?
[quote=foxtrot1]Please don't give me that stuff. The schedule the past two years has been a cake walk. Just ask anyone who is not biased and they will tell you the same. Sweet Tea hit the nail on the head with his post. Just because you have a great record it doesn't mean you are a great team. The past two years LC did what they were supposed to do; they beat inferior schools while playing one of the weakest schedules we have ever had. With all that being said I believe having the weak schedule was good on many fronts as well. It allowed these kids to experience some success and got some interest back from the community. Lastly, this coming years schedule is much better than the past and I'm sure the record will reflect that.[/QUOTE/]

And what team are u for again??
Not that it matters, but I am an LC fan. The only difference is I am realistic and can admit that Lawrence County Athletics is not the best thing since sliced bread.
I too think Copley would be a good fit at Lawrence County. How long was he at Pikeville? He wasn't at Greenup that long and I think that he'd have Lawrence competing in 3A.
He was at Pikeville for one season. I'm not saying he is the best candidate, because I don't know who all has applied, but I think he could get the job done.
If I was Lawrence County the 1st guy I would look at is Coach Randy Vanderhoof, former Raceland Head Coach
TSSI Wrote:Im just someone that knows football and not someone that your Daddy told you they shouldnt hire.....

hmmm....i know youve played at the next level baseball wise wopppty doo....doesnt mean copley should get the job....yeah you supported your statement, but if you want kids to play without a hassle, cecil or short are the the main men here. hager isent gonna be an option now, word on the street he withdrew. COPLEY :dontthink
but if you want kids to play without a hassle,

What does that mean? If we want kids to play without a hassle? Again Kids should play for who ever they hire, for nothing more than the love of the game.

Hassle or not Come on!!!
I like Cecil but its known he doesn't want the job. Do you actually think Allan is ready? Copley is way more ready to tackle LC football with those two helping.
TSSI Wrote:but if you want kids to play without a hassle,

What does that mean? If we want kids to play without a hassle? Again Kids should play for who ever they hire, for nothing more than the love of the game.

Hassle or not Come on!!!

i know kids that wont play on the team if he is coach, kids who make an IMPACT....its not that hard to transfer if you have a little spare change in your pocket
9-POINT Wrote:i know kids that wont play on the team if he is coach, kids who make an IMPACT....its not that hard to transfer if you have a little spare change in your pocket

Tell the kids to stop whining and GROW UP. If they really loved the game they wouldn't care who the coach was. I know I wouldn't.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next