Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach Salmons Out at Lawrence County!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Salmons quit today to take a job at Cabell Midland. Who will LC hire now?
Also, what about the assistant coaches? Will they follow Salmons or stay?
bulldog4life Wrote:Salmons quit today to take a job at Cabell Midland. Who will LC hire now?

This is a odd twist bulldog4life. I thought if he left it was going to be for Mad. Sou. job. Is there something going on in Bulldog country to make this coach that brought a little swagger back to the program up and leave.
I do not know anything about Madison Southern, this is all new to me, all I know is that he told the team today that he was taking a job over by huntington, wv at Cabell Midland High School. It sounds to me like he has been shopping around. I wonder if he is taking any other coach with him?
Mike COPLEY .... He knows are system and he is great with the kids. I know he would die to have this job. Running the ball is LC and what better person to come back with teaching the belly than Mike.
I'm sure Copley will want the position, being a hometown boy, i'm sure the people in this town and administration would love that
TSSI Wrote:Mike COPLEY .... He knows are system and he is great with the kids. I know he would die to have this job. Running the ball is LC and what better person to come back with teaching the belly than Mike.

I know what you meant to write was "OUR" , ..........anyways, just yesterday you started a thread complaining about Johnson Central and referred to Johnson Central basketball players as "OUR" boys and now your referring to Lawrence Co. as "ARE" . Uhhh, which is it? :popcorn:
I would say that they will follow him back to WV. Blake Preece has already resigned, I believe.
IMO this will be a good thing for Lawrence. Salmons done what he needed to do. 1. played a very soft schedule 2. got some excitement back and numbers out.

He never impressed me with his coaching abilities to be quit honest. Offense was predictable to even a casual fan and the defense was not that good either. LC could benefit from this with the right hire.
I hope that they keep the same assistant Coaches. LC has got several good players coming back next year. We wish coach Salmons the best!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:IMO this will be a good thing for Lawrence. Salmons done what he needed to do. 1. played a very soft schedule 2. got some excitement back and numbers out.

He never impressed me with his coaching abilities to be quit honest. Offense was predictable to even a casual fan and the defense was not that good either. LC could benefit from this with the right hire.

Your Bell County Bobcats made many teams the last three years look as though they had a predictable offense and below average defense. You all were just that much better than everybody else except for a couple. Saying that Salmons doesnt have impressive coaching abilities however, is just flat out wrong. Many intangibles that makes a good coach go unnoticed to the casual fan. When he took over at Lawrence, the program had hit absolute, rock bottom.
lawrencefan Wrote:I would say that they will follow him back to WV. Blake Preece has already resigned, I believe.

Yes, this happened last week.
Was Preece an assistant coach?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:IMO this will be a good thing for Lawrence. Salmons done what he needed to do. 1. played a very soft schedule 2. got some excitement back and numbers out.

Leave to a Bobcat to stir controversy... LOL. I usually find myself agreeing with you but on this one I'm on the other side of the fence. What some called predictable I found repeatable. He did not try to fool folks. He just taught his teams some very fundamental principles and asked them to repeat them time and time again. Some coaches dazzle with scores of plays and formations; others just get real good at a few.

I'd have my son play for him as long as dancing was off limits... LOL.
I hope Copley gets the look. Perfect...
If you get Copley that's all you'll ever have is HOPE.
Well he fought with the administration until he was blue in the face trying to get stuff done and look what happens ran another great person and coach off.
And for who they hire I hope its not Copley.
There is only one man that I would even contact OR he should at least be the first one offered the job that is Tony Burchett, the head man at Powell County.
Trenches07 Wrote:This is a odd twist bulldog4life. I thought if he left it was going to be for Mad. Sou. job. Is there something going on in Bulldog country to make this coach that brought a little swagger back to the program up and leave.

all about the benjamins....
its way bigger than Benjamins, Wv has guidelines on how coaches are paid, he will get an increase, but more importantly the recources that Midland has are unlimited. The Barboursville area is one of the wealthiest in the state of Wv due to mall traffic. Salmons will be missed no question about that, so will his staff. There are a couple very well qualified candidates being looked at right this very second.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:all about the benjamins....

This is the truth right here, coaches wont coach for free or for next to nothing. Its a complicated situation as of now.
Batpuff Wrote:Well he fought with the administration until he was blue in the face trying to get stuff done and look what happens ran another great person and coach off.

If things do not change quickly I see the school replacing a couple more coaches and I am not talking about football or basketball. Right now the wrong people are having too much influence on the decisions being made. Mark it down though. Luke will not be the last to leave.
dawgeers Wrote:If things do not change quickly I see the school replacing a couple more coaches and I am not talking about football or basketball. Right now the wrong people are having too much influence on the decisions being made. Mark it down though. Luke will not be the last to leave.

:rockon::notworthy
StrayBullet Wrote:There is only one man that I would even contact OR he should at least be the first one offered the job that is Tony Burchett, the head man at Powell County.

Burchett, is a good guy but dont have enough fire in his belly for the dawg pound. Too nice..Go get Copely.:please:
STATE CHAMP Wrote:Burchett, is a good guy but dont have enough fire in his belly for the dawg pound. Too nice..Go get Copely.:please:

Took Powell County from a nothing football program to a very respected team since the little time he has been there, sounds like enough " fire in his belly " for me.
Batpuff Wrote:Well he fought with the administration until he was blue in the face trying to get stuff done and look what happens ran another great person and coach off.

Coach Salmons did a really good job getting Lawrence county back on its feet, and they should be on the way up, and return a lot of good players.

Coach Copley has seem to be ran out at both places he's been.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Coach Salmons did a really good job getting Lawrence county back on its feet, and they should be on the way up, and return a lot of good players.

Coach Copley has seem to be ran out at both places he's been.

I dont want Copley offered the job simply on the basis that he is a so called " Lawrence County boy." Whoever is hired the process should take its due time and the smart and right decision should be made to help continue the recent success of the football program.
StrayBullet Wrote:Took Powell County from a nothing football program to a very respected team since the little time he has been there, sounds like enough " fire in his belly " for me.

You need to get your campaign signs put up around LC HS and Board of Ed for Tony Burchett. But he may keep LC kids from being recruited to JC because he was there with Matney and they are still friends..go get em dogs!!:Thumbs:
Doesn't Salmons coach a indoor football team in Huntington also? Did that have an impact on his decision to head to WV as well?
I love all sports and at the high school level probably football the most. I think this was a good move for him and anyone should have seen the writing on the wall for awhile now. However, I don't care if we loss every coach because he doesn't get everythidng he wants just as long as we get the educational system back on track for our kids. That is the real problem LC has right now and it is not sports related. Additionally, on the sports side the programs need to stop fighting against each other and start pulling for each other more. Combine resources and make the most of what we have within the county. I don't know of any coach that can say they've always gotten everything they wanted from their school at any level and if this is why he is leaving then I'm glad he is gone but if it was the reasons listed in the lazer article I don't blame him and Cabell Midland will also give him everything he desires.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9