Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
33.62%
Bell Co.
66.38%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Bell Co. 11/26
Amped 88 Wrote:I think that Boyle will try to spread and run. Mix the pass in a little.

Hatz we all know that Boyle is the favorite:lmao:

No, No, You guys are the favorite! Tag! No 'Take Backs'! :biggrin:
Not so sure I get all the "Boyle is not the team they were last year" comments. While Boyle has played the same opponents (other then Corbin in replace of Pikeville) as last year those opponents have been significantly better. 6 of 10 teams played for a region title this year. 3 of those opponents are playing for a chance to be in the state championship, and two of those three I'd have to say are favored to win this week. With that being said against some of the states top competition they have still rolled up that many offensive yards and played some pretty good defense along the way. Out of the teams they played in 09 I believe JC and Cath made it the furthest and that was just the region finals. I will give you that Boyle is giving up more points then they did last year but the teams they are playing are head and shoulders above the teams they had the previous year.
DDP5 Wrote:Not so sure I get all the "Boyle is not the team they were last year" comments. While Boyle has played the same opponents (other then Corbin in replace of Pikeville) as last year those opponents have been significantly better. 6 of 10 teams played for a region title this year. 3 of those opponents are playing for a chance to be in the state championship, and two of those three I'd have to say are favored to win this week. With that being said against some of the states top competition they have still rolled up that many offensive yards and played some pretty good defense along the way. Out of the teams they played in 09 I believe JC and Cath made it the furthest and that was just the region finals. I will give you that Boyle is giving up more points then they did last year but the teams they are playing are head and shoulders above the teams they had the previous year.

See that proves it Boyle is the favorite. Also Cantrell says they are also!!!!!

Yea we just played 3 teams that made the Regional finals. Johnson Cent, Knox and Harlan Co.
Hatz Wrote:No, No, You guys are the favorite! Tag! No 'Take Backs'! :biggrin:

:lmao:You got me:worthy:
Ring that Bell for Dudley.
Bell 28
Boyle 20
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:See that proves it Boyle is the favorite. Also Cantrell says they are also!!!!!

Yea we just played 3 teams that made the Regional finals. Johnson Cent, Knox and Harlan Co.

while i personally think that this game is a toss up i have to make a comment on cantrell. he isnt worth the used charmin toilet paper he uses to wipe his rear end.

the game i think will end up being a field position/special team game. i think this will be the deciding factor. both appear to be fairly equal on both offense/defense so look for something to happen in the kicking game that will create some momentum that will give one team the edge to win.
I have seen both teams. Boyle will dominate Bell upfront just like last year in the 2nd half. Bell's RB's will not be able to block All-American Dawson and Hester they will dominate the Bell offense. Bell better bring the tissues for Friday night!!!!!

Boyle wins easily on Log Moutain.
Eventhough i hate BELL County with a passion Imma gonna say Bell pulls off the upset..

28-7..
man wat a way to start off work on a monday; talking about the BELL/Boyle game... This game is gonna be the biggest in the state.. IMO if bell get off to the start they got last year Bell cruises to a 35-7 Win.. If not i think it will be a barn burner and Bell will get the nod 14-13..
Just a thought about the road that both had:

6 of the 11 Teams that Boyle played this year were playing for a Regional Championship:
3 are playing in the State Semi-Finals in their class

Johnson Central lost to Highlands 21-14
Lexington Catholic lost to Boyle (Losses this year were to Powerhouses, Boyle twice, Trinity, X, LoneOak, Cov Cath)
Lafayette (lost to Scott Co 42-28)
Christian County advances to Final Four (Beat Warren Central)
Danville advances to Final Four (Beat Monroe County)
Corbin advances to Final Four (Beat Prestonsburg)

Two other teams : West Jess (8-4) beat Holmes, East (8-4) was put out by Boyle

From Bell's schedule

Johnson Central playing in the Reg. Championship (same as Boyle)
Harlan Co. advances to State Semi's
Knox Co played in Reg. Champ at Bell (Losing to Bell twice and JC)

Other notables: Soddy Daisy (9-4) losing in 2nd round
Lawrence County (9-3)

Could Boyle's schedule have them prepared for a battle? Seems like they have been through a lot of tough opponents this year. Good luck to both on another battle on the hill.
RebzHouse Wrote:Just a thought about the road that both had:

6 of the 11 Teams that Boyle played this year were playing for a Regional Championship:

Lexington Catholic lost to Boyle (Losses this year were to Powerhouses, Boyle twice, Trinity, X, LoneOak, Cov Cath)

From Bell's schedule

Lawrence County (9-3)

Could Boyle's schedule have them prepared for a battle? Seems like they have been through a lot of tough opponents this year. Good luck to both on another battle on the hill.

Exactly that is why Boyle Wins easily they are more prepared!!!!!
I remember going to Boyle last year they would not let us use the blow up helmet and were pretty rude i hope we give them the same treatment and at least they will have a place to sit
TrueDawg Wrote:I have seen both teams. Boyle will dominate Bell upfront just like last year in the 2nd half. Bell's RB's will not be able to block All-American Dawson and Hester they will dominate the Bell offense. Bell better bring the tissues for Friday night!!!!!

Boyle wins easily on Log Moutain.

Come on TrueDawg were is the love. Just because we beat you guys so bad doesn't mean that you have to hate us.
EASTBELLCOUNTY Wrote:I remember going to Boyle last year they would not let us use the blow up helmet and were pretty rude i hope we give them the same treatment and at least they will have a place to sit

How can you be mad about the stupid blowup helmet??? If a team lets you all do that on thier turf, then they have no pride. Boyle is not gonna let another team come into their place and act like they own it. It's called homefield advantage.

And, if I recall correctly, Bell County was less than welcoming to our staff two years ago. An eye for an eye...
William Muney Wrote:We all know what Bell is going to do, they are going to get in 3-backs and run right at you.

What does Boyle do on offense?

We'll probably run alot out of the wishbone formation with double TEs. Alot of dive plays and triple option.
There ya go Bell. Plan for that and ya got us....
KCPANTHERS Wrote:Eventhough i hate BELL County with a passion Imma gonna say Bell pulls off the upset..
28-7..

Hey! Amped and I have already settled it. Bell is the favorite. So it can't be an upset. :biggrin:

It's all good. :Thumbs:
You all wouldnt care to build a fire so i can stay warm friday night would you.i believe Log Mountain is the coldest place ive ever been to for a november game.
weather.com is calling for snow flurries and a low of 24

we used to carry a small kerosene heater with us years ago; wish I knew where that thing was now!!
Granny Bear Wrote:weather.com is calling for snow flurries and a low of 24

we used to carry a small kerosene heater with us years ago; wish I knew where that thing was now!!

That's in Harlan County. It could be sunny and balmy on Log Mountain at the same time. :biggrin:

(It could happen. :ThumbsSmile
Although French has won just the one state title the Boyle assistants have the experience of 7 title games....winning 6.

As a side note, I'm surprised there hasn't been any chatter about Boyle's new running back from Florida that just became eligible two games ago....hmmmmm...or well. Heard he's a real speedster. Didn't play against Catholic though. Must be holding him for a special occasion.
Correction....didn't play running back....only kickoff coverage. First one down the field every time.
walkm0ke Wrote:Correction....didn't play running back....only kickoff coverage. First one down the field every time.

Better not let him hang with the QB or he will be in trouble quick. lol
Hatz Wrote:Hey! Amped and I have already settled it. Bell is the favorite. So it can't be an upset. :biggrin:

It's all good. :Thumbs:

It is just having fun with everything. Are you coming to the game?
"sunny and balmy on log mountain".......

That's an oxymoron!!
Bell 28-14
how far is it from Bell Co. to Knoxville Tn. im headed to Knoxville friday for the UK game but i really don't want to miss this game.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:how far is it from Bell Co. to Knoxville Tn. im headed to Knoxville friday for the UK game but i really don't want to miss this game.

Just a little over an hour not bad at all.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:how far is it from Bell Co. to Knoxville Tn. im headed to Knoxville friday for the UK game but i really don't want to miss this game.

amped is right just a bit over an hour to drive it. just roll 25e south and when you get to Tazwell go straight on highway 33 (you actually have to take a left to stay on 25e). watch you speed though, alot of cops like to bust you for speeding.
johnnyt Wrote:amped is right just a bit over an hour to drive it. just roll 25e south and when you get to Tazwell go straight on highway 33 (you actually have to take a left to stay on 25e). watch you speed though, alot of cops like to bust you for speeding.

That's it not hard at all. Ya you had better watch those cops.
RebzHouse Wrote:Just a thought about the road that both had:

From Bell's schedule

Lawrence County (9-3)

JC beat Cov Cath and Green Co beat Lone Oak, IMO Cov Cath and Lone Oak wasnt as strong this year. Remember who had a weak schedule last year and won State. IF Bell played those same teams Bell would beat them also.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next