Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co.
33.62%
Bell Co.
66.38%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Bell Co. 11/26
Rebelmom14 Wrote:I sure hope those numbers mean something. All you Bell Co fans don't really think you can score very many pts on Boyle! I hope you are right, because I believe in the Rebel O.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:

I think we can score on Boyle Co... We lead 4A is scoring. TongueirateSho
Well, we're back to a rematch of last year. Once again, Bell Co. thinks they already have this game in the bag. First off, it's true we are not a big as Bell, but look what happened last year. It was a long ride home, wasn't it? I think Friday night you will see what a real state team looks like. I think Bell has a great team, but I think you should give respect where it's due. After Friday night and Boyle wins, your still invited to come and watch us win state. Bell Co. looks like it should be a good game,,,look forward to playing you. See you there. Go Rebels!!! Boyle 28 - Bell 17
rebel rebel Wrote:Well, we're back to a rematch of last year. Once again, Bell Co. thinks they already have this game in the bag. First off, it's true we are not a big as Bell, but look what happened last year. It was a long ride home, wasn't it? I think Friday night you will see what a real state team looks like. I think Bell has a great team, but I think you should give respect where it's due. After Friday night and Boyle wins, your still invited to come and watch us win state. Bell Co. looks like it should be a good game,,,look forward to playing you. See you there. Go Rebels!!! Boyle 28 - Bell 17

Your right by a FG with 3 sec left at HOME. This year 28 pts...:lmao:
rebel rebel Wrote:Well, we're back to a rematch of last year. Once again, Bell Co. thinks they already have this game in the bag. First off, it's true we are not a big as Bell, but look what happened last year. It was a long ride home, wasn't it? I think Friday night you will see what a real state team looks like. I think Bell has a great team, but I think you should give respect where it's due. After Friday night and Boyle wins, your still invited to come and watch us win state. Bell Co. looks like it should be a good game,,,look forward to playing you. See you there. Go Rebels!!! Boyle 28 - Bell 17

How was 08's ride back home from Log Mountain? :1:
I wish that Harlan County Black Bears could play their game on a different night than Bell and Boyle. I would LOVE to see this B&B game!!

Good luck; here's to an injury free game.
I love mountain football.

Go Black Bears!!!!!!
I've only seen Boyle in one game this year and that was early in the season against Franklin County. I'm sure that they are a different team since then, but, I've seen Bell twice this season and I just don't think that Boyle will be able to stop that outside get around the corner speed of the Davenport kid...and...the passing game which they exhibited against Knox Central and a few times against Rockcastle. I don't have a dog in the fight...but...I picked Bell for the title two years ago, Boyle in last years game based primarily on the agility of McShara, and this year I think that Bell will win considering what I said above. The Davenport kid has got that overdrive gear that McShara had last year when he sees the open space in front of him. He is as amazing to watch as the McShara boy was last year and maybe even more so. An agrument can be made about the Boyle defense with Dawson patrolling out there, but, Dudley's boy and the secondary of Bell collapses as quickly on the run as the Dawson boy does. I'll take "Dud the Dude" and his boys by two touchdowns.
After watching Bell beat my team(Johnson Central) earlier this year I said then Bell would win the state and still believe that. If things work out! I may be at this game it's going to be a good one.

Bell by 14
We have a back this year that has more speed than Reese did last year he is our leading rusher.
Yes 08 Bell won. Yes last year we won 3 in the last sec. But a win is a win is a win, boys...you act like you've already won this game. All I heard last year was how no one scores against your defense and you put up so many points, but that wasn't the case when you played us was it? I think you'll see a different team then some of the teams you played this year. I hope you can back up how much smack you talk, otherwise get ready for Boyle to ring your Bell.......
rebel rebel Wrote:Yes 08 Bell won. Yes last year we won 3 in the last sec. But a win is a win is a win, boys...you act like you've already won this game. All I heard last year was how no one scores against your defense and you put up so many points, but that wasn't the case when you played us was it? I think you'll see a different team then some of the teams you played this year. I hope you can back up how much smack you talk, otherwise get ready for Boyle to ring your Bell.......

Take a deep breath. Dont you sound cocky? Maybe you need to read some of my post again. Some fans just dont get jokes and your 1 of them.

Do you even know we have only given up 98 pts this year, which is less than last year and you guys only scored 1 TD at your house? That includes shutting down JJ Jude from JC this year. Yes a better back than any on Boyle Co's team this year. How many yards did he have against you guys?

Once again we get the HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE this year. :igiveup:
IMO neither fan base should be cocky on here: Bell fans, Boyle is the defending, unbeaten champs. Boyle fans, we're definitely the underdogs.

And unless you've seen both teams play this year at their best, you're predictions aren't worth much. Yea, you can point at stats, but stats are like bikinis, they show some, but not the whole thing :thatsfunn

I know one thing for sure, these are the best two teams in 4A, and we will see both teams' best games. This is a game that won't be forgotten for either teams' seniors. They'll pour out everything they have, and leave it on the field. Should be one heck of a game!

Go Rebs!
bell-31
boyle-14
MSU Eagle Wrote:IMO neither fan base should be cocky on here: Bell fans, Boyle is the defending, unbeaten champs. Boyle fans, we're definitely the underdogs.

And unless you've seen both teams play this year at their best, you're predictions aren't worth much. Yea, you can point at stats, but stats are like bikinis, they show some, but not the whole thing :thatsfunn

I know one thing for sure, these are the best two teams in 4A, and we will see both teams' best games. This is a game that won't be forgotten for either teams' seniors. They'll pour out everything they have, and leave it on the field. Should be one heck of a game!

Go Rebs!

Well said. I love posting on here but I don't want to get into a back and forth with Bell fans. I have more respect for Bell County than I do most schools because of your fans. I don't want any ill will or create any hard feelings. Two teams are going to lay everything on the line and someone is going to be sad on Friday night. Two of the best programs in 4A are going to meet in the State Semis for the last time in at least a few years and regardless of how the game turns out I am leaving proud of what these two teams have given us the last 3 years. I am very very happy to get to see Boyle/Bell and I look forward to the trip to Log Mountain. Like Black and Gold64 I won't be on here too much this week. Too nervous as well and we all know what to expect. Two teams that are going to bring all they have and leave it on the field. To my Boyle fans be safe traveling down to Log Mountain. To the Bell fans/players, thank you for the last 3 years and see you guys Friday. I pray for an injury free game.
MSU Eagle Wrote:IMO neither fan base should be cocky on here: Bell fans, Boyle is the defending, unbeaten champs. Boyle fans, we're definitely the underdogs.

Go Rebs!

I'll disagree a bit... I think both fan bases should be cocky. We both have earned that right and to most others we are both 'classless'. Might as well live up to it. lol

No, in all honesty, I wish to see a great game like the last 2 mtgs between these 2 teams. We have wanted this game all year. We have got it now. I expect nothing less than a hard fought football game with both teams laying it all on the line. May the best team win. Good luck to our 'good friends' at Bell Co and to our Rebels! Can't wait for Friday! Let's get it on!
Go Bobcats. Letcher County is cheering for you. Bring home a state title.
Oh...yes, Bell Co is the favorite in this game. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. They have been playing the best and most consistent ball from the opening week. The team with the least turnovers wins this game. If our true 'D' doesn't show up, we could be in for a long night. Yes, the respect is there. I know good football when I see it. From week 0, Bell has been the better team. Nonetheless, I take my Rebels by 1 point!

Good luck to both teams and praying for an injury-free game!
Bell. Bigger margin than most think. Good luck.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Oh...yes, Bell Co is the favorite in this game. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. They have been playing the best and most consistent ball from the opening week. The team with the least turnovers wins this game. If our true 'D' doesn't show up, we could be in for a long night. Yes, the respect is there. I know good football when I see it. From week 0, Bell has been the better team. Nonetheless, I take my Rebels by 1 point!

Good luck to both teams and praying for an injury-free game!

Boyle is the favorite until someone beats them. :ChairHit:
rebel rebel Wrote:Yes 08 Bell won. Yes last year we won 3 in the last sec. But a win is a win is a win, boys...you act like you've already won this game. All I heard last year was how no one scores against your defense and you put up so many points, but that wasn't the case when you played us was it? I think you'll see a different team then some of the teams you played this year. I hope you can back up how much smack you talk, otherwise get ready for Boyle to ring your Bell.......

Seems to me that you are the one that is proclaiming the STATE TITLE already! Careful now, lets atleast act like you are over the age of 16.
Think Boyle better bring A game for this 1,if not they will be turning in equipment ..better yet,they better bring a defense
I think Bell County will win this one by about 6. I'm going to say 27-21.

They have appeared to be the better team this year and they are playing at home.

Boyle's offense seems to be better than last year, but its defense is a notch below and that's not going to cut it in this one.

The only thing that makes me doubt this prediction just a bit is the comparative strengths of schedules. Obviously, Boyle has played superior competition - especially lately - and that should give them a slight boost.
Some interesting reading on this thread for sure.

1. A Boyle fan pointing out how Coach Hester did a bad job against LexCath? Is he not the same man the created this immovable defense? He may enjoy your help this week on the staff.

2. Another Boyle fan saying Bell is cocky but also predicting they have the state Championship won? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black doesn't?

3. Bell fans over-analyzing the stats? They don't matter both teams can play great football at times.

4. Cox or Cook 1 not sure which, is better than McShara according to a Boyle fan? Interesting.

Bell dismantled us last week but I am still hoping they find a way to win. It will take a team effort.

Also is the Boyle player back from suspension from the parking lot issue? I had not heard anything?
Amped 88 Wrote:Boyle is the favorite until someone beats them. :ChairHit:

Sandbagger! :thatsfunn
Not that any of this means much of anything but here goes:

Here's a look at schedules:

Boyle defeated 9 teams with winning records: Johnson Central (36-29), Franklin County (51-20), Corbin (42-10), Danville (28-7), Lafayette (40-0), Lexington Catholic (42-10 & 45-35), West Jessamine (45-6), East Jessamine (28-13 & 56-11), Christian County (49-33).

No one has defeated Boyle yet.

Bell County defeated 6 teams with winning records: Green County (61-12), Johnson Central (42-18), Knox Central (21-7 & 41-13), Soddy Daisy (41-20), Harlan County (35-0), Lawrence County (60-7)

No one has defeated Bell yet.
William Muney Wrote:Some interesting reading on this thread for sure.

1. A Boyle fan pointing out how Coach Hester did a bad job against LexCath? Is he not the same man the created this immovable defense? He may enjoy your help this week on the staff.

2. Another Boyle fan saying Bell is cocky but also predicting they have the state Championship won? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black doesn't?

3. Bell fans over-analyzing the stats? They don't matter both teams can play great football at times.

4. Cox or Cook 1 not sure which, is better than McShara according to a Boyle fan? Interesting.

Bell dismantled us last week but I am still hoping they find a way to win. It will take a team effort.

Also is the Boyle player back from suspension from the parking lot issue? I had not heard anything?

Good observations across the board Muney. Except #4. I think the post you were referring to stated: Cox was "faster" than McShara, not "better." :Thumbs:
The bobcats have a very very strong defensive game and if they must play a passing game they can and will, their passing game has improved since last year and Ill take Bell Co. as the winner of friday nights match up 17-15
Hatz Wrote:Good observations across the board Muney. Except #4. I think the post you were referring to stated: Cox was "faster" than McShara, not "better." :Thumbs:

Gottcha. I was really scratching my head about that one.

Bell O-line really improved from our first meeting until Friday night. They maybe a little better than last year's group.
William Muney Wrote:Gottcha. I was really scratching my head about that one.

Bell O-line really improved from our first meeting until Friday night. They maybe a little better than last year's group.

I think Bell is the favorite Muney based on consistent performance on the year. It doesn't mean that I don't think by Rebels have a chance to win, I do. But the margin of error for Boyle is smaller than for Bell IMO.

Hoping the Rebels come up with their best game of the year and let the chips fall where they may. :Thumbs:
We all know what Bell is going to do, they are going to get in 3-backs and run right at you.

What does Boyle do on offense?
William Muney Wrote:We all know what Bell is going to do, they are going to get in 3-backs and run right at you.

What does Boyle do on offense?

I think that Boyle will try to spread and run. Mix the pass in a little.

Hatz we all know that Boyle is the favorite:lmao:
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next