Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
East Jessamine
22.92%
Boyle County
77.08%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Jessamine @ Boyle County 11/12
42-7 and yes I was at the last game.
I respect EJ. They gave us a wake up call we needed. I expect Boyle to win by 4-5 tds but that is because 1.)no distractions this week 2.)starting qb is here all week 3.)definitely healthier than in the last game and 4.)the Rebels and the coaching staff are very aware of EJ which will 5.)bring a very prepared Rebel football team on Friday. Quite honestly, if we would have just wrapped up Thomas instead of going for the kill shot by shoulder tackling a lot of his yardage would never have happened. I expect to see a lot of wrapping up on Friday night.

The leaps and bounds EJ has made in the past year are very impressive and your accomplishments from this year are very respected by all of us. I hope you don't think we are trying to be disrespectful because we are not. Cocky? Maybe. We also know what we have seen from these Rebels and our expectations for this group is high. Much like last time if East plays us as good as EJ supporters say or win the game a large majority of us will congratulate you and wish you luck. If you need to use our posts as words of motivation, go right ahead. Word has gotten out about the new hammer you have and that you'll be bringing it with you so there should be plenty of motivation going around for both teams.

I hope it is an injury free game and I am looking forward to kickoff.

I wonder if rd11 will be there. I'll probably yell for the first time all year this Friday. It's that time of the year to get hoarse on Friday nights.
I hope the officials call a good game.last weeks crew was ok the week befor against Christian co.was horrible.its sad for the kids that a crew of officials can determine who wins alot of these close playoff games with bad calls.
I think Jack the deeper you go in the playoffs, the better the crews. Should not be a problem and I don't for-see any down the road. Less games (Playoffs), means the better rated crews keep working. IMO all officials we've had where ok (some better than others) but the West Jessamine crew we had. They lost all control, towards the end, their hurt feelings affect they way they called the game.
E.J. has had some interesting pregame activities go on in the last two games of the series, with the "alleged" water pipe issue last year :please: to the sledge hammering of Boyle's new goal post. I can't wait to see what happens this time, maybe spray painting the new turf blue, or maybe they can try to stand on Boyle County's home side of the field. I would think East would learn by now it's usually not a good thing to **** them off before the game starts.
Now since each side is prediction a 5 TD win for their team and both sides make some good points about their team,thats just shows great support for your teams,its all good. I been a Boyle fan for 12 years and I think they should win every game (included this Firday night),and that the way EJ fans should feel too.EJ fans,you have a great team,so do us all a favor and fill up that vistor section and then some and yell big time for your team.And lets make this the biggest game in State.
boyle county by 14
Rebel55 Wrote:I think Jack the deeper you go in the playoffs, the better the crews. Should not be a problem and I don't for-see any down the road. Less games (Playoffs), means the better rated crews keep working. IMO all officials we've had where ok (some better than others) but the West Jessamine crew we had. They lost all control, towards the end, their hurt feelings affect they way they called the game.

You would think so,but a couple years ago the officials cost Boyle 2 tds in a state semifinal game with bad calls.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You would think so,but a couple years ago the officials cost Boyle 2 tds in a state semifinal game with bad calls.

I remember the 6 turnovers we had. I really don't remember any bad calls that cost us 2 tds. We cost ourselves that game, IMO.
Boyle wins.
PurplePride92 Wrote:I remember the 6 turnovers we had. I really don't remember any bad calls that cost us 2 tds. We cost ourselves that game, IMO.

Reese was suppose to have fumbled at the 1/2 yard line late in the second quarter,he didnt fumble his knees were clearly down befor the ball came loose it would have been 1st and goal from inside the 1,and Boyle had a td called back in the 4th quarter by a holding call that was on the other side of the field 40 yds behind the play.two very bad calls.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Reese was suppose to have fumbled at the 1/2 yard line late in the second quarter,he didnt fumble his knees were clearly down befor the ball came loose it would have been 1st and goal from inside the 1,and Boyle had a td called back in the 4th quarter by a holding call that was on the other side of the field 40 yds behind the play.two very bad calls.

I remember the Rees fumble. Can't remember the holding call. Kind of tried to forget that whole evening.......that was a long ride home.

Actually, I think I do remember the holding call. We still shouldn't have had 6 turnovers but I remember those calls now.
reese reaching for goal line did cost boyle the gam..imo...but that was then..think that stuck with him whole yr. ,thats why he had such a great yr last yr
EJ is ready for this game,BC better be...think they will be,just hope they don't get cocky like last game or there season will be over
PurplePride92 Wrote:I remember the Rees fumble. Can't remember the holding call. Kind of tried to forget that whole evening.......that was a long ride home.

Actually, I think I do remember the holding call. We still shouldn't have had 6 turnovers but I remember those calls now.

I know,as bad as we played we still had a chance to win on the final drive.im like you id like to forget.the 6 turnovers killed us.
Alright,back to the topic my nephew plays for Boyle hes a senior he says the Rebels are fired up and ready to go.he says Boyle has a point to prove after there last game against East.they think they played poorly,and are out to prove that they are better team than what they showed in the first matchup.cant wait till friday its gonna be a good one.:Thumbs:
joejoe Wrote:Once again we are hearing that Boyle is getting healthy, guess what so is EJ. I respect Boyle so much I'm predicting EJ by 5 td's. Sound familiar Boyle fans. You don't respect EJ at all. EJ OL/ Dl will dominate and the spy on Dawson will hit him often. I still think Dawson should be Mr. Football.

I hope you're joking with your score prediction... 5 td's? East Jessamine does have our respect. Oh, and guess what? We have 10 other talented young men out there with Dawson!
MSU Eagle Wrote:I hope you're joking with your score prediction... 5 td's? East Jessamine does have our respect. Oh, and guess what? We have 10 other talented young men out there with Dawson!

That whole post is the way I want to see the game played out. I don't have any idea how East will cover Dawson( I would spy him). And as I have posted before I can't give a score on this game. I do however think that EJ's OL will dominate in the trenches, its the 2nd level I'm worried about. And I know you have a very talented team, I was just saying IMO Dawson should win Mr. Football. Granted I have not seen the others in the running, but that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
joejoe Wrote:That whole post is the way I want to see the game played out. I don't have any idea how East will cover Dawson( I would spy him). And as I have posted before I can't give a score on this game. I do however think that EJ's OL will dominate in the trenches, its the 2nd level I'm worried about. And I know you have a very talented team, I was just saying IMO Dawson should win Mr. Football. Granted I have not seen the others in the running, but that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Your offensive line had a good game in the first meeting but they didnt dominate by no means,and i dont think they will friday night.
Rebel55 Wrote:A question for the Boyle fans. I was looking on the KHSAA website for consecutive extra points made and the record is 76. I believe according to the Advocate Messenger in last weeks newspaper our kicker had 65 extra points made, and added 8 more after the Bourbon game totaling 73 for the year. I can not remember any extra points being missed this season other than the West Jessamine game where the holder didn't catch the snap, but no kicked was attemped. This does not count as a missed kick does it? If not our kicker is close to breaking the state record, unless I've missed something this year.

After looking in last nights newspaper, It seems I was off on the extra points. Last week I thought William Harris had 65 extra points but that was his total points w/ fieldgoals. So with the 8 he got against Bourbon County his total stands at 66 right now and would be 10 away form a state record.
I've been to all the games and to my knowledge I do not remember him every missing an extra point. Does anybody remember him missing an extra point this season?
Rebel55 Wrote:After looking in last nights newspaper, It seems I was off on the extra points. Last week I thought William Harris had 65 extra points but that was his total points w/ fieldgoals. So with the 8 he got against Bourbon County his total stands at 66 right now and would be 10 away form a state record.
I've been to all the games and to my knowledge I do not remember him every missing an extra point. Does anybody remember him missing an extra point this season?

William has not missed an XP this year. There was a bad snap that went over the holder's head at the WJ game earlier in the year. Not sure if that counts or not. William never attempted a kick on the play.
BOyle wins agian.... 45-14
Jack Lambert Wrote:Reese was suppose to have fumbled at the 1/2 yard line late in the second quarter,he didnt fumble his knees were clearly down befor the ball came loose it would have been 1st and goal from inside the 1,and Boyle had a td called back in the 4th quarter by a holding call that was on the other side of the field 40 yds behind the play.two very bad calls.

You are right he didn't fumble John Dudley knocked the ball out of his hands. Come on that was 2 years ago. Boyle had 6 turnovers you won't beat good teams like that.:dontthink This is athread about Boyle and East J not Bell.

im pretty sure it was a block in the back... it was a legit block in the back by jordan aumiller..
PurplePride92 Wrote:I remember the Rees fumble. Can't remember the holding call. Kind of tried to forget that whole evening.......that was a long ride home.

Thanks for being honest. I guess Jack is saying Boyle would have won if not for the officials? That's not right. Bell won that game and they didn't need the officials help. I didn't think last years game was all that well officiated but it sure wasn't why Bell lost to Boyle.
easyM Wrote:Thanks for being honest. I guess Jack is saying Boyle would have won if not for the officials? That's not right. Bell won that game and they didn't need the officials help. I didn't think last years game was all that well officiated but it sure wasn't why Bell lost to Boyle.

:Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:I know,as bad as we played we still had a chance to win on the final drive.im like you id like to forget.the 6 turnovers killed us.

The better team won Jack. Man up.
Just like last year. The better team won that game as well.
Stop the whining and excuses. Boyle lost to Bell in 08. Bell earned that victory. Period.....I can't believe you would whine like that or make up excuses. You know better....
easyM Wrote:The better team won Jack. Man up.
Just like last year. The better team won that game as well.
Stop the whining and excuses. Boyle lost to Bell in 08. Bell earned that victory. Period.....I can't believe you would whine like that or make up excuses. You know better....

listen there isnt anybody that hates Bell COunty more than i do, but ya have to give credit where it is due..
joejoe Wrote:That whole post is the way I want to see the game played out. I don't have any idea how East will cover Dawson( I would spy him). And as I have posted before I can't give a score on this game. I do however think that EJ's OL will dominate in the trenches, its the 2nd level I'm worried about. And I know you have a very talented team, I was just saying IMO Dawson should win Mr. Football. Granted I have not seen the others in the running, but that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Just making sure you really didn't believe East would win by 5 td's :Thumbs:

I can't wait for 7:30 tomorrow!
someone needs to start a Boyle County Vs. East Jessamine thread on here. Oh wait... never mind