•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article in ANE confirms KHSAA Pike Central Investigation
Woudn't it be great if this much time and energy was spent trying to get drug dealers off the street and behind bars?
oldtimer3 Wrote:Your Facts are wrong. It was a parent that followed and stalked other kids that were not involved and didn't play football. These are facts, and the parents are waiting their turn to sue. It's gonna be interesting to see what other agencies will be sued as well. Too much speculation and untruths here, the whole story is yet to be revealed. Let's hope that the KHSSA has their ducks in a row and are ready. Because whom ever falls is gonna fall hard.

First off, I would dare to wager that they DO have their ducks in a row or they wouldn't have acted upon the investigation. After all, you have to remember that we are all human and IMHO, some of those that are involved in the investigation (KHSAA officials) probably have children to!

Secondly, I do agree tremendously with the last sentence. I don't think that the "blame" (by the higher ups) should be thrown off onto someone lower on the totem pole. IF they're guilty, they should be held accountable! REGARDLESS of what position they hold within the county!

Documentation can be found by phone records and e-mails with the right kind of investigation. The stalking your talking about....... was that not out in the wide open right off the highway exit? I've traveled thru there many times and have seen some crazy things but that doesn't mean I was stalking anyone. I do hope that KHSAA and the courts do NOT wait too long to come down with a verdict, as dragging it out will do nothing but make all involved more aggervated and cause more tension. One important thing to remember is they are dealing with children here. Hopefully, the right decision will be made for all!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Photography for non-commercial use is only an issue where you have an expectation of privacy. You have such expectations in your bedroom or bathroom. You don't have them outside in public getting into a car as long as no one was trespassing to take the photo. As Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps learned, you also don't have privacy at a party when you choose to hit a bong.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here's the offcial court docket of the case:
Is this not a judge elected by people around and in Pikeville?If so he should not be able to rule on anything for the fear of ruling against PCC would not sit well with the voters.Should be ruled on in Fayette county where the KHSAA offices are by an impartial judge.I'm just saying.
I haven't read any of the above just IMO, PC wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for some jealous parents and there winning program. Look before the season started you know as well as I that these kids had to have had ligit addresses turned in to KHSAA. KHSAA had to have oked them to play. I hear theres film to, well who ever first watched the film and started this BS should be fired. Bottom line if KHSAA did there investigation at preseason and with in the dead line date Pike Centrel should be ok.:blabbermo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Recznik Wrote:I haven't read any of the above just IMO, PC wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for some jealous parents and there winning program. Look before the season started you know as well as I that these kids had to have had ligit addresses turned in to KHSAA. KHSAA had to have oked them to play. I hear theres film to, well who ever first watched the film and started this BS should be fired. Bottom line if KHSAA did there investigation at preseason and with in the dead line date Pike Centrel should be ok.:blabbermo

so what you are saying is once you have mislead the khsaa successfully the truth doesnt matter. if you have to fly the kid in from california every week. the khsaa has to operate in large part on the honor system due to the amount of schools and geography of the state. honor being the key word
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I think it is ironic that you have Pikeville fans and Belfry fans being critical of Pike Central over recruiting allegations. If you go in the parking lot of Belfry High school, there are more West Virginia tags then in the parking lot of WVU football stadium on gameday. For over twenty years they have kids that live in West Virginia and play for Belfry. They can say whatever they want to justify this but it isn't nothing but plain ole HYPOCRISY. As far as Pikeville, they have had the same thing with kids from West Virginia and all over Pike County. When Pikeville won their state titles in the late eighties/early nineties, they had kids from more states then the University of Kentucky had on their team. So if you live in a glass house, dont be throwing any stones and believe me these two schools have lived in glass house for years.
THIS is the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH.AMEN :worthy:
oak 76 Wrote:THIS is the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH.AMEN :worthy:

the question is motivation in my opinion. it's not far-fetched to believe a kid from wv who lives less than 10miles away from belfry(often closer to bhs than their wv hs) would without any persuading(recruiting) want to transfer to bhs; closer,better academics,better facilities,great tradition,a core of very good players,a great coaching staff,etc. in contrast it seems very unlikely that so many kids from so far away would without any persuading pick pcc.
PCC was invested twice so does that mean all the other teams get invested and look more closely at(WOULDN'T THAT ALSO BE FAIR).

oak 76 Wrote:PCC was invested twice so does that mean all the other teams get invested and look more closely at(WOULDN'T THAT ALSO BE FAIR).

bhs has been investigated in the past. in 1988 they were found guilty of having ineligilbe players(one football and one girl in bb). they took their penalties, learned from it and moved on.

This thread is about PCC it isn't about Belfry and Pikeville when they are the topic of a investigation then talk about them until then lets talk about who in trouble with the KHSAA.

Actually the truth is that when a transfer comes to Belfry/Pikeville these schools tend to dots their i's and cross their t's to assure the move is legit and completed 100%. The problem is that some schools(PC included) feel that the initial investigation is all they have to pass to deem these student athletes eligible. If a kid makes a legit move, is ruled eligible then later on decides that the coast is clear and moves back to his/her original residence the fault then lies with the parents/coaching staff/administration not on an "angry" "jealous" parent who turns them in. The PC program may have to take their lumps with the outcome of this along with the powers that be, including an overzealous superintendent who turned a deaf ear to the possibililty of these infractions. I know for a fact that his main goal was to beat Belfry in EVERY sport along with being the kings of the county but his means to accomplish this may have caused a ton of unnecessary hurt for a multitude of young kids who are going to be punished because of adults with big egos. Let me also say that the "recruiting" issues aren't the only issues that will come back to bite PC athletics. Many on here are in the know when it comes to the assortment of infractions that are being investigated at PC and the feeling Im getting is it will get a lot worse before it gets better.
I am very disappointed that Judge Combs ruled as he did. Not once but twice.

Eastern Kentucky politics at it's best.:kneel:
After this last article, the 2nd one, that was in the weekend edition of the News-Express, I think this will end up being a court fight. A ginormous can of worms has been opened.
vundy33 Wrote:After this last article, the 2nd one, that was in the weekend edition of the News-Express, I think this will end up being a court fight. A ginormous can of worms has been opened.

Can you take pics of it or something as I did, I didn't get it.
wooderson Wrote:
Quote:Actually the truth is that when a transfer comes to Belfry/Pikeville these schools tend to dots their i's and cross their t's to assure the move is legit and completed 100%.
Are you alluding that the paperwork used to get the dots"on" official seal of approval ?:popcorn:
phs1986 Wrote:First off, I would dare to wager that they DO have their ducks in a row or they wouldn't have acted upon the investigation. After all, you have to remember that we are all human and IMHO, some of those that are involved in the investigation (KHSAA officials) probably have children to!

Secondly, I do agree tremendously with the last sentence. I don't think that the "blame" (by the higher ups) should be thrown off onto someone lower on the totem pole. IF they're guilty, they should be held accountable! REGARDLESS of what position they hold within the county!

Documentation can be found by phone records and e-mails with the right kind of investigation. The stalking your talking about....... was that not out in the wide open right off the highway exit? I've traveled thru there many times and have seen some crazy things but that doesn't mean I was stalking anyone. I do hope that KHSAA and the courts do NOT wait too long to come down with a verdict, as dragging it out will do nothing but make all involved more aggervated and cause more tension. One important thing to remember is they are dealing with children here. Hopefully, the right decision will be made for all!
KHSAA "JUDGE and JURY". You said it, if they're guilty. Don't you think if your being accused you should have the right to defend yourself before the verdict comes down.
Kentucky Sports Fan Wrote:KHSAA "JUDGE and JURY". You said it, if they're guilty. Don't you think if your being accused you should have the right to defend yourself before the verdict comes down.

There was enough evidence to rule them ineligible. The KHSAA does a thorough investigation before any ruling. As a matter of fact their legal counsel "signs off" before ruling anyone ineligible.

Sounds like you are a Pike Central fan Confusedhh:
Recznik Wrote:I haven't read any of the above just IMO, PC wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for some jealous parents and there winning program. Look before the season started you know as well as I that these kids had to have had ligit addresses turned in to KHSAA. KHSAA had to have oked them to play. I hear theres film to, well who ever first watched the film and started this BS should be fired. Bottom line if KHSAA did there investigation at preseason and with in the dead line date Pike Centrel should be ok.:blabbermo

Are you serious? The KHSAA does not investigate unless there is a reason. The school the athlete is leaving and the school that the athlete is transferring to both have to sign off to legitimize the bona fide change of address. If this is done there is no investigation on the transfer (unless an outside person provides information otherwise).

PC is in this situation because of possible KHSAA rule violations.:flame:
Bob Seger Wrote:Are you alluding that the paperwork used to get the dots"on" official seal of approval ?:popcorn:

Not sure what you are trying to say with this sentence. Surely you arent making fun of a typo in someone's post?:popcorn:
wooderson Wrote:Not sure what you are trying to say with this sentence. Surely you arent making fun of a typo in someone's post?:popcorn:

Not at all, but it was a play on words.

Did Belfry not have a very powerful person sitting in on one of the most corrupt organizations known to man? Ever hear of the The KHSAA Board of Controls ?
wooderson Wrote:Actually the truth is that when a transfer comes to Belfry/Pikeville these schools tend to dots their i's and cross their t's to assure the move is legit and completed 100%. The problem is that some schools(PC included) feel that the initial investigation is all they have to pass to deem these student athletes eligible. If a kid makes a legit move, is ruled eligible then later on decides that the coast is clear and moves back to his/her original residence the fault then lies with the parents/coaching staff/administration not on an "angry" "jealous" parent who turns them in. The PC program may have to take their lumps with the outcome of this along with the powers that be, including an overzealous superintendent who turned a deaf ear to the possibililty of these infractions. I know for a fact that his main goal was to beat Belfry in EVERY sport along with being the kings of the county but his means to accomplish this may have caused a ton of unnecessary hurt for a multitude of young kids who are going to be punished because of adults with big egos. Let me also say that the "recruiting" issues aren't the only issues that will come back to bite PC athletics. Many on here are in the know when it comes to the assortment of infractions that are being investigated at PC and the feeling Im getting is it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

OUTSTANDING post! I've heard many of the things you put in this post before but won't post hearsay.... I've listened to many and said nothing! LOL.... Sometimes, that is the best way to learn a lot and keep yourself informed! :Thumbs:

Bob Seger Wrote:Not at all, but it was a play on words.

Did Belfry not have a very powerful person sitting in on one of the most corrupt organizations known to man? Ever hear of the The KHSAA Board of Controls ?

Heard of it myself as I'm sure everyone else that knows anything about sports within our fine state has.... Wasn't this "person" your talking about many years ago? I KNOW it's not current!!! WHY worry about that now as it has nothing to do with the current situtation?

Belfry0304 Wrote:Can you take pics of it or something as I did, I didn't get it.

I just got to Afghanistan, didn't bring the paper with me, lol. A buddy of mine took the time to type it out to me on Facebook IM. I'll try to copy and paste it off of the site when they put it up.
phs1986 Wrote:Heard of it myself as I'm sure everyone else that knows anything about sports within our fine state has.... Wasn't this "person" your talking about many years ago? I KNOW it's not current!!! WHY worry about that now as it has nothing to do with the current situtation?

Many years ago? Hardly. Is "many" considered 3,4 or 5 years ago?

It has direct relevance to this discussion whether you want to admit it or not. Of course one can always bury one's head in the sand I guess.
Bob Seger Wrote:Many years ago? Hardly. Is "many" considered 3,4 or 5 years ago?

It has direct relevance to this discussion whether you want to admit it or not. Of course one can always bury one's head in the sand I guess.

Is he the reason for all the troubles that PC is having right now? Did he cause this drama? I would dare to think not! I'm not burying my head in the sand as I personally don't care how long ago he was on the board, how many decisions you feel he was "unjustified" in making (well, I would guess he didn't make any on his own as he was a part of a group)..... learning to stomach your actions sometimes is hard to do..... I have prayed for these young men but the adults..... they KNEW better!

phs1986 Wrote:Is he the reason for all the troubles that PC is having right now? Did he cause this drama? I would dare to think not! I'm not burying my head in the sand as I personally don't care how long ago he was on the board, how many decisions you feel he was "unjustified" in making (well, I would guess he didn't make any on his own as he was a part of a group)..... learning to stomach your actions sometimes is hard to do..... I have prayed for these young men but the adults..... they KNEW better!

And what is that supposed to mean?
Bob Seger Wrote:And what is that supposed to mean?

Is it that hard to understand? Admitting your wrong sometimes is hard to swallow and stomach! I however would not dare to make a "judgement" on this. I'm not saying the situtation is right but the situtation itself should never be!

phs1986 Wrote:Is it that hard to understand? Admitting your wrong sometimes is hard to swallow and stomach! I however would not dare to make a "judgement" on this. I'm not saying the situtation is right but the situtation itself should never be!

Well yeah, it kinda is. I guess I need clarification on whose actions you're referring to.
Bob Seger Wrote:Well yeah, it kinda is. I guess I need clarification on whose actions you're referring to.

I am NOT referring to the children involved in any form or fashion. The adults are the ones who should take the heat! NOW, does that help any at all??

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next