Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup Recruiting News
jakelegg Wrote:Here we go folks. Coach Nickel is being accused of recruiting a player from Portsmouth High School. Apparently made an in home visit Sad. Maybe he should worry more about HIS team. Ive been told they havent practiced in a month. NOT one workout.

Didn't Nickel teach at Portsmouth?
Here's what I have found. There's more drama in this forum than there is in reality. Lots of posturing for some reason. Instead of being excited about the upcoming football season we are dragged back into this quagmire. Just a bunch of fertilizer.
This is a bball site not football. If you dont want to read it dont get on it. GC might not even have football next year with the numbers that they have this year.
jakelegg Wrote:This is a bball site not football. If you dont want to read it dont get on it. GC might not even have football next year with the numbers that they have this year.
Um, this is a basketball forum, not a basketball site. And there has been plenty of football talk here, alot of which has been from you. You wouldn't have replied in that fashion if you didn't feel like maybe you were the fertilizer spreader.:Clap:
Not spreading anything but the truth brother. All my stuff checks out. I can understand you guys protecting Copley a bit. I have no problem with him. He seems to work hard and try to do things the right way. I do hate the numbers problem that fball is facing. Hard to believe that its possible that GC will not have a team next year or for several years for that matter. Kinda ironic though with the BOE spending huges amounts of money on fball then no team.
Not protecting Copley at all. Not sold on him frankly. Also know that the dispute over the gym was not a major snafu either. I would like to return to the glory days of GC basketball. I can't say that we have either the personnel or the coach to do that, but to promote driving a wedge between the 2 sports will be counterproductive. Dunaway made a move that will probably make a significant impact on his job with this hire. And no matter the influence from Raby, Justice, Stultz, the Pope or whomever, Dunaway made this hire on his own accord. His baby when Oct. 15 rolls around. He better be sending young Nickel to as many coaching clinics as he can afford.
Can somebody tell me why the GREENUP football team knocked the GREENUP basketball team out of open gym today? Soccer was outside, middle school football outside, and band outside come on people this is a problem!! Tired of the BS between Copley and the GYM!!!!
I guess nobody remembers the days of Coach Maynard. Maynard had the gym quit a bet during the football season.
Bench350 Wrote:I guess nobody remembers the days of Coach Maynard. Maynard had the gym quit a bet during the football season.

With the exception of once or twice in the last 25 years no football coach has ever used the gym. Good for Copley. At least he wants to work and practice his kids. Thats more than Nickel wants to do.
Its football season. Deal with it.
Kosar Wrote:Its football season. Deal with it.

My point exactly. The basketball team has not worked out since June. Football has never quit working. The ones that want to work should be given 1st choice of everything. The ones that dont want to work should be sucking hind tit so to speak.

If anyone has a problem with basketball not working out and getting better nut up and call Dunaway. Nickel is his boy. I was told by a drug store owner that Raby is acting AD. Maybe u should call him to complain.
jakelegg Wrote:My point exactly. The basketball team has not worked out since June. Football has never quit working. The ones that want to work should be given 1st choice of everything. The ones that dont want to work should be sucking hind tit so to speak.

If anyone has a problem with basketball not working out and getting better nut up and call Dunaway. Nickel is his boy. I was told by a drug store owner that Raby is acting AD. Maybe u should call him to complain.
If Raby is the acting AD then why has Dunaway been doing all the work? I am yet to see Raby doing anything on Friday night. Now that I think about it, I haven't even seen him at a game. Not surprising, it is Raby. Even though he hates the football program you would think the athletic advisor...lol...would need to show up for the games
Bench350 Wrote:I guess nobody remembers the days of Coach Maynard. Maynard had the gym quit a bet during the football season.

You see where he is now right?
Ram Fan04 Wrote:You see where he is now right?

No. Where?
Ram Fan04 Wrote:You see where he is now right?

U guys can have him and if you want you can have Raby, Dunaway and the rest of the decision makers at GC. In fact please take them all :Cheerlead
:popcorn:
justaguy Wrote:No. Where?

Elliot County coaching football....

And noo you can keep your politics on that end of the county lol...
I know this is a Greenup thread but, All area schools use the gym when needed. I do have a couple questions, what will happen if the troxler kid tries to come back to Raceland in basketball, will he just move out of state for a couple weeks and than get to start with the rams like Rister did in football? I heard they are pretty upset about the Greenup situation at the present time. It's true Copley isn't a saint- just ask the 8th grade football parents! He is getting ready to lose a few players over his actions.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Elliot County coaching football....

And noo you can keep your politics on that end of the county lol...

Go paint some more banners to replace your shredded ones.
that's right Wrote:I know this is a Greenup thread but, All area schools use the gym when needed. I do have a couple questions, what will happen if the troxler kid tries to come back to Raceland in basketball, will he just move out of state for a couple weeks and than get to start with the rams like Rister did in football? I heard they are pretty upset about the Greenup situation at the present time. It's true Copley isn't a saint- just ask the 8th grade football parents! He is getting ready to lose a few players over his actions.
Your a genius. Troxler has never played basketball...LOL
Kosar Wrote:Your a genius. Troxler has never played basketball...LOL

Please Kosar, let's not let facts get in the way.
Yes you are right Kosar but, you really don't have to call me a genius. I meant Jackson, he came to Raceland a couple years ago and he is back at Greenup. He has some really great grandparents, I am in no bashing the kid, he is a great kid. Just asking can he do like Rister and go out of state and come back home to Raceland where he should have stayed.:notworthy
justaguy Wrote:Go paint some more banners to replace your shredded ones.
That was the most upsetting comment I have read thus far. To tear down a banner of a kid who was by far much better than anyone could imagine, To rip it off the fence and tear it up. The banner of a kid who will be carried on this year and to every sporting event coming and going. Just the simple fact that the banner was in dedication to a fallen team mate and friend who was taken from his parents due to an accident.....THEN for someone to rip it up and stomp on it.
I can only say that I pray for those kids who did this......
So when ever you make a comment about banners from here on out.... I hope this comes to mind...
I agree whole heartedly MOG!! That post was classless but typical GC. All schools in the area were very respectfull when the GC family lost a student. Now it seems that they cant return the common courtesy. We wonder why are student/athletes have no discipline and respect. That answer lies with the gutless parents in this district.
that's right Wrote:Yes you are right Kosar but, you really don't have to call me a genius. I meant Jackson, he came to Raceland a couple years ago and he is back at Greenup. He has some really great grandparents, I am in no bashing the kid, he is a great kid. Just asking can he do like Rister and go out of state and come back home to Raceland where he should have stayed.:notworthy

Young Mr. Jackson has not played any varsity sports yet at Greenup. He could return at any time and be eligible at Ramland. Better question is why the GC psuedo AD has not filled out transfer papers on Jackson. Why drag your feet trying to get the key to the season on the court? Something in the wood pile me thinks hmmmmmm
I apologize for the post above if it offended anyone. I surely didn't mean to offend the parents of the boy who passed. I was simply trying to get another Raceland guy to keep his nose in Raceland. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, I offer my sincerest apology to the family of that young man.
Thanks jakelegg, I wondered what was going on, because they say no ball is going on and that's not normal not having open gym. I am close to the family and they seem very concerned about Greenup's situation. I think you will see some kids moving around before the season begins. somebody needs to eat some pride and get Fraley or Ward back. You have to have a coach no matter what sport that kids want to play for. Example- BOYD CO. basketball.
Greenup Co basketball is done for the time being. Whether by design or by fate. Its a shame the good parents in the district let the wool be pulled over their eyes or let themselves be bullied. Either way their kids will pay the price for it. You can trace most if not all the problems back to a few choice people.
It should be noted that due to talent and a weak schedule this team WILL win a lot of games. This years squad should be judged by the big games and district play not on Maysville St Pat and the other weak sisters they will play. Who ever made this schedule and Im assuming its the former AD did a horrible job getting games that would have prepared this team for post season play.
jakelegg;
I have been reading these post for longer than I care to admit, your apology is a welcome site. I am sure you meant no offence to the young man or his family, I am just as sure the Greenup County players would not have torn down the banner if they knew what it meant. Again thanks for your breath of fresh air.
I thought the transfer rule is 1 year from enrollment regaurdless if he came back or not.