Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Recruiting News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here we go folks. Coach Nickel is being accused of recruiting a player from Portsmouth High School. Apparently made an in home visit Sad. Maybe he should worry more about HIS team. Ive been told they havent practiced in a month. NOT one workout.
All may not be lost. The players should be able to vote on a player-coach and win their district.:1: Once again, Dunaway's inexperience shines through Nickell.:flush: What should have been a 16th region trophy this coming season has gone down the tube unless changes are made.:flush::popcorn:
The Dodd ship has sailed Duckster. Get a life.
Fred Sanford Wrote:The Dodd ship has sailed Duckster. Get a life.
Sailed to Tennessee and sank.
All has been done by design.....
Loon Wrote:All has been done by design.....

What do you mean by this Loon???
I just don't think they want basketball to succeed if it may be at the expense of football. There were more experiencsd coaches passed over in making their selection. I have nothing against the young man in the position, he seems to be a good boy. This new coach needed to spend a few years as an asst. under a Randy Ward, Tim Fraley or another quality coach and then move up the ranks....
Yes, he needed to work his way up the ladder. Greenup always told Sutton, in a few more years as a asst. the program will be yours what a slap in the face. Greenup needs open gym now because other schools are having it. The new coach needs to put on his boxing gloves and fight with THE FOOTBALL COACH,DUNAWAY, AND HALL to get gym time and tell them to quit DISCRIMINATING against the basketball team. If this keeps up I believe all of their jobs should be TERMINATED!!!
ohno Wrote:Yes, he needed to work his way up the ladder. Greenup always told Sutton, in a few more years as a asst. the program will be yours what a slap in the face. Greenup needs open gym now because other schools are having it. The new coach needs to put on his boxing gloves and fight with THE FOOTBALL COACH,DUNAWAY, AND HALL to get gym time and tell them to quit DISCRIMINATING against the basketball team. If this keeps up I believe all of their jobs should be TERMINATED!!!

Hall??

Heck, he just sat down in the big chair. You might at least let him get the papers straightened out on his desk before you call for him to be fired.
Squid Wrote:Hall??

Heck, he just sat down in the big chair. You might at least let him get the papers straightened out on his desk before you call for him to be fired.

Short leashes abound
justaguy Wrote:Short leashes abound

Apparently so.

It isn't often that you see someone campaigning to fire a guy before he can even cash his first paycheck.
Hall was the assistant super last year so he is not totally out of the loop or blameless. Especially since he used to be a former basketball coach himself. He has good knowledge of what a coach should be capable of.
Nickell should have seen this comming this is Greenup. I think the parents try to help atleast some of them but usually always make things worse. It was all Dunaways decision we needed someone with some more experience. Was coach Ward asked if he wanted the job?
You also have to remember that Stultz and Wright were on that committee and never underestimate how much input that Mike Raby had on the decision. Guys like him and Justice like to fly under the radar and pull strings on the puppets within the district. GC was looking for a yes man as Head Coach. Im pretty sure they found it.
[. GC was looking for a yes man as Head Coach. Im pretty sure they found it.[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll all know after the first time he says NO! :worthy:
Why was Wright even on the committee what has he to do with basketball?
NOTHING
Nickel was hired by Dunaway. Stultz and Wright did not support this decision. I was told that Dunaway didn't even communicate with them for a couple of weeks before hiring Nickel. I just hope that everyone can pull together and support the team and coaches so we can enjoy a great year.
jakelegg Wrote:Hall was the assistant super last year so he is not totally out of the loop or blameless. Especially since he used to be a former basketball coach himself. He has good knowledge of what a coach should be capable of.

Do you honestly believe that, as the assistant superintendent, Hall had ANY input or control on the basketball situation?

The fact that he has coached basketball in the past (never at GC) is meaningless. I'm sure that, like everyone else (including those of us that post on sites like this), he has an opinion on what a coach should be, and how they should conduct themselves. That said, how in the world can anyone hold him responsible for the nightmare that Dunaway has created at the high school?
One thing is for sure if the baketball team loses alot of games this year heads are going to roll. This was a bad decision hiring Nickell I don't blame him for taking the job. But this hire will look bad on Dunaway if it doesn't work out. But my opinion is it won't I wish good luck to the team because i think they'll need it.
grim_reminder Wrote:Why was Wright even on the committee what has he to do with basketball?
NOTHING

He has nothing to do with basketball. Him and Dunaway are cousins. So Dunaway put his cousin on the committee and was dating Nickels aunt hmmmmmmmm Makes you wonder doesnt it.
grim_reminder Wrote:Why was Wright even on the committee what has he to do with basketball?
NOTHING

GC Alumn Wrote:Nickel was hired by Dunaway. Stultz and Wright did not support this decision. I was told that Dunaway didn't even communicate with them for a couple of weeks before hiring Nickel. I just hope that everyone can pull together and support the team and coaches so we can enjoy a great year.

One of them at least supported it. Direct quote from Dunaway "I had one committee member tell me that if I didnt hire him as coach that he would hire him for his business". Somebody supported something according to Mr Football.
I read that quote from Dunaway but from everything that I have been told, by people that I trust, I do not believe it. Do you think that he was going to say that he went against his committee?
Gym...Copley had the gym. He had his paperwork turned in for the gym last year. There are two middle school gyms available every evening that the b-ball team could use. Football is in season and when it rains they have to use the gym. It didn't get heated at all. Btw Wright wanted Adkins and that is no secret. He has a son that plays basketball. Why would he want basketball to fail? Wright had Adkins wanting the job when Nickle was hired. Copley seems to me to be a big basketball supporter, if you remember last season he brought the entire football team in Jerseys to alot of games to support the boys. There are 3 basketball players on the football team this year, no way Copley wants to screw up that pipeline. Use your head people. Alot of this info on here is B.S.
Do they not play football in the rain at GC? Not one thing that has been posted on this thread has any bs to it. All true and factual. Including using the middle school gyms. It is a good alternative to get some gym time and Im not sure why the bball team (boys and girls) are not taking advantage.
It is the middle of August. You want them to burn the kids out? Basketball is a loooooooooooong season anyway.
Kosar Wrote:Gym...Copley had the gym. He had his paperwork turned in for the gym last year. There are two middle school gyms available every evening that the b-ball team could use. Football is in season and when it rains they have to use the gym. It didn't get heated at all. Btw Wright wanted Adkins and that is no secret. He has a son that plays basketball. Why would he want basketball to fail? Wright had Adkins wanting the job when Nickle was hired. Copley seems to me to be a big basketball supporter, if you remember last season he brought the entire football team in Jerseys to alot of games to support the boys. There are 3 basketball players on the football team this year, no way Copley wants to screw up that pipeline. Use your head people. Alot of this info on here is B.S.

Finally some truth about the coach fight and gym usage.
You guys believe what you want. Play it down if you like BUT I was in the gym and saw things with my own eyes. I agree with Fred. Basketball is a long season. I think now is the time for individual improvement physically and mentally. If you wait til Oct to start working on your left hand or jumper then your out of luck.
jakelegg Wrote:Do they not play football in the rain at GC? Not one thing that has been posted on this thread has any bs to it. All true and factual. Including using the middle school gyms. It is a good alternative to get some gym time and Im not sure why the bball team (boys and girls) are not taking advantage.
GC does not play football in the rain when there is lightning, and not when the heat index is over the limit. So they have no choice but go to the gym. Copley and Fraley got along fine, and I see no reason why he and Nickle would be any different.
Kosar Wrote:A lot of this info on here is B.S.

The truth is spoken here.
Copley isnt this great SAINT he does things to try to make himself look good. Is he going to let the boys and girls basketball team come through the back gate to get in free to the football games? I know for FACT that he doesnt want some of his football player to play other sports, it may not be basketball but ask him about the spring sports (baseball,track). He is all about football and that is it. As for Wright he wanted Adkins and he didnt know Dunaway was going to hire Nickels.
Pages: 1 2 3