Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard & Perry Central 10/11
Awesome game to be at.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Hazard will start Zack Blanton, Eric Back at Gurard, B.J. Combs, Jordan Olinger at Forward, and either Kyle Spencer or Jordan Frazier at Center. Then Austin Johnson and Tyler Boffo and that talented group of freshmen. Evan Whitaker would be a big help if he gets eligible (doubtful).

Jon Combs and Zach Blanton will be fighting for a starting guard slot. Sr. Jon Combs is a player that has been there and always plays hard, does everything a coach ask, and Jr. Zach Blanton might be one of the most talented players in the region, but has quit the basketball team for the last 2 seasons, was a great 8th grade player but How do you bench a player like Jon Combs. Zach Blanton should be 6th man. Or if Bj Combs has another season like last year, look for the Bulldogs to play 3 guards (Back, J. Combs, Blanton).
ekff Wrote:Jon Combs and Zach Blanton will be fighting for a starting guard slot. Sr. Jon Combs is a player that has been there and always plays hard, does everything a coach ask, and Jr. Zach Blanton might be one of the most talented players in the region, but has quit the basketball team for the last 2 seasons, was a great 8th grade player but How do you bench a player like Jon Combs. Zach Blanton should be 6th man. Or if Bj Combs has another season like last year, look for the Bulldogs to play 3 guards (Back, J. Combs, Blanton).

Duh!!! I can't believe I forgot Jon and Jared Combs. Both will play a major part in Hazards lineup and who knows they both may start.
I don't think anyone is gonna be able to handle Perrys size this year! Does anyone know who they have schrimmaged so far this year?
king360 Wrote:I don't think anyone is gonna be able to handle Perrys size this year! Does anyone know who they have schrimmaged so far this year?

No doubt, PC's frontcourt will be a force, the big question for them is, how well the backcourt will play and will they be able to replace the floor general in Jordan Amis.
MVP2 Wrote:No doubt, PC's frontcourt will be a force, the big question for them is, how well the backcourt will play and will they be able to replace the floor general in Jordan Amis.

IMO opinion the hardest people to replace are Amis and Martin.

Amis was always a threat with his speed and Martin was seriously good at everything on the offensive end.
^

the 3 point shooting of Chris Noble wont be easy to replace either, I'd say Chris and Jordan are both harder to replace than Martin.JMO
^Noble is good.....
However, I think Dustin Brewer will replace that 3 pt shooting just fine.
zaga_fan Wrote:^Noble is good.....
However, I think Dustin Brewer will replace that 3 pt shooting just fine.

Brewer will help with the loss of Noble, but to say he will replace it just fine is a little crazy.lol
I think Brewer will come in and replace Jordan and run a little point but to say he will come in a replace Noble is crazy, no way Brewer can come off a screen and knock it down like Chris. Noble also was the best defender on the team as well. He wont be easy to replace.
MVP2 Wrote:I think Brewer will come in and replace Jordan and run a little point but to say he will come in a replace Noble is crazy, no way Brewer can come off a screen and knock it down like Chris. Noble also was the best defender on the team as well. He wont be easy to replace.

Never said he would replace the defense.
It's impossible lol
I just think he can his 3 pt shot will do the trick as much as Chris's did.
I remember having to fend off some people a couple of years ago who claimed Brewer was at the top of the 14th with his 3 pt accuracy.
I just didn't put him in consideration because of his lack of PT.
ekff Wrote:2010/2011 Season is just going to be like any other season in the 14th region for the past 8 or 9 years. If you wanna be the champ, you'll have to have a lot of talent and a little luck (Knott County last season) to take it from Hazard or Perry Central. Both Teams lost a lot but both have good returning players and got big additions to their line ups.

Hazard
Key Players Lost:
G- J. Whitaker
C- A. Fugate

Key Players Returning:
G- E. Back
F- J. Olinger
G- J. Combs
F- B. Combs

Added Players:
G- Z. Blanton (Didn't Play)
F- Whitaker (From Leslie)
F- K. Spencer (From JV team)

Perry
Key Players Lost:
G- J. Amis
F- C. Martin
F- T. Mullins
G- C. Noble

Key Players Returning:
C- D. Cornet
G- D. Brewer

Added Players:
G- B. Beverly (7th grader)
F/C- D. Cornet (From JV team)
G- Huff (From Breathitt)

And Lets all not forget these two teams have great head coaches.

I saw that Breverly kid play. He didn't show me nothing. That was with country t-ment last year. High School is better player.
That isn't that big of a add.
king360 Wrote:I don't think anyone is gonna be able to handle Perrys size this year! Does anyone know who they have schrimmaged so far this year?

LOVE the Kobe pic!!!