Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard & Perry Central 10/11
2010/2011 Season is just going to be like any other season in the 14th region for the past 8 or 9 years. If you wanna be the champ, you'll have to have a lot of talent and a little luck (Knott County last season) to take it from Hazard or Perry Central. Both Teams lost a lot but both have good returning players and got big additions to their line ups.

Hazard
Key Players Lost:
G- J. Whitaker
C- A. Fugate

Key Players Returning:
G- E. Back
F- J. Olinger
G- J. Combs
F- B. Combs

Added Players:
G- Z. Blanton (Didn't Play)
F- Whitaker (From Leslie)
F- K. Spencer (From JV team)

Perry
Key Players Lost:
G- J. Amis
F- C. Martin
F- T. Mullins
G- C. Noble

Key Players Returning:
C- D. Cornet
G- D. Brewer

Added Players:
G- B. Beverly (7th grader)
F/C- D. Cornet (From JV team)
G- Huff (From Breathitt)

And Lets all not forget these two teams have great head coaches.
The kid from Breathitt is Huff.
From what I hear, he will be starting for Perry this year.
Huff coming in and starting for a school with that many kids in their program will go good,if they win.[BUT]sit your kids that come up in your program and lose,people won't be happy.
^It went fine in football so it'll go fine in basketball.
You needed a QB in football,perry county basketball is different.Somebody will have to sit,he was promised a starting spot.
Hazard....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
jackbenimble Wrote:You needed a QB in football,perry county basketball is different.Somebody will have to sit,he was promised a starting spot.

Well I would imagine if he wouldn't have came we would have just cancelled the football season because of no QB, right?
Unfortunately, Austin Pray won't be playing this season due to his injury on friday. I would say that Huff will take his part at Small Forward.
^Huff was already going to be the starter.
zaga_fan Wrote:^Huff was already going to be the starter.

Was Pray not gonna start or come off the bench?
I would say the starters will be:

PG- Braxton Beverly or Trevor Combs
SG- Dustin Brewer
SF- Kyle Huff
PF- Axl Sizemore
C- Dillon Cornett

But I see Dalton Cornett getting some PT also.
I was told from the point that Huff came in and practiced with the team a few months back it was evident Huff was going to be the starter at the 3 spot.
But best I can tell Dustin Brewer is going to be running the point.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Was Pray not gonna start or come off the bench?
I would say the starters will be:

PG- Braxton Beverly or Trevor Combs
SG- Dustin Brewer
SF- Kyle Huff
PF- Axl Sizemore
C- Dillon Cornett

But I see Dalton Cornett getting some PT also.

this is probably how it will be, with trevor starting at the pg.
Perry did lose 4 of ther guys, I know Amis and Mullins were really good ball players and the other two equally good, I can say I like PCC basketball, Its exciting to watch.
Pride and Football Wrote:Perry did lose 4 of ther guys, I know Amis and Mullins were really good ball players and the other two equally good, I can say I like PCC basketball, Its exciting to watch.

Really? A 38-35 basketball score is exciting to watch? Im just kidding with you PAF, PCC makes all their games close so that part is exciting.
MVP2 Wrote:Really? A 38-35 basketball score is exciting to watch? Im just kidding with you PAF, PCC makes all their games close so that part is exciting.

That's what I'm thinking.
I see the smaller Cornett getting a lot of PT, IMO.
^

Agreed. I seen him play a couple of times this season. Dalton might be the best player on this team and has the potential to be on the best in the Mountains over the next few years.
PCC basketball is very exciting in the sense that they can win any game they play.
They beat the State champs last year!
zaga_fan Wrote:PCC basketball is very exciting in the sense that they can win any game they play.
They beat the State champs last year!

LOL, I agree especially when they score in the low 30s, its almost exciting as paint drying Big Grin J/k Zaga. I agree with you as I stated earlier PCC can play with anyone with that style of basketball.
^Blah blah blah
When you see Hatcher on the sidelines in a defensive stance and stomping his foot....
it doesn't get more exciting lol
^

I agree with that 100% Zaga. Watching Hatcher on the sidelines is deff the most exciting thing about PCC basketball since he has came. I'm serious, I could watch Hatcher all day, the man is hilarious while coaching a game.
any of the following players: dillon cornett, dustin brewer, axl sizemore, dalton cornett, kyle huff, jeff smith, or trevor combs could start for perry this year but I'm not for sure yet on who I think it will be. dillon and dustin are most likely for sure starting but this rest I don't know.

anybody know who's most likely to start for hazard this season?
Hazard
Hazard will start Zack Blanton, Eric Back at Gurard, B.J. Combs, Jordan Olinger at Forward, and either Kyle Spencer or Jordan Frazier at Center. Then Austin Johnson and Tyler Boffo and that talented group of freshmen. Evan Whitaker would be a big help if he gets eligible (doubtful).
Hazard has a tough freshman class this season, Ive seen them play this summer. They were very impressive IMO.
Hazard will be the team to beat IMO
^
I think if HHS/PCC game is played, PCC gets the advantage from the size and style of play. Hazard will struggle with the Cornett boys and Sizemore down low. Hazard will try to run and gun with a high tempo game, Hatcher will slow that game down and play half court basketball, I like PCC over Hazard if it comes down to those two teams battling for the title.
^I have always thought the same way.
But has Hatcher ever beat Hazard?
I don't know that he has.
Unless you count the forfeit Wink
^

I'm pretty sure he has, off the top of my head. I think PC beat Hazard for the district title about 2 years ago in Leslie Co, the game Tyler Mullins got a nasty jam off a lob.
^That's correct.
And Jordan Amis hit a 3 from about 10 ft behind the line going into the half.

That one gets lost in my memory as Hazard beat them in Region a week later.

and man...
was that dunk nasty lol