Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds: 8 game lead on the division down to 5 after Reds go 1-6 on road trip.
Our beloved Redlegs have hit a little bit of a skid heading home to face the cellar dwelling Pirates and Diamondbacks (could not have came early enough). After hitting a season hit 8 game lead on the Cardinals in the NL Central, the Reds have surrendered 3 full games to the Cardinals leading to a 5 game lead. After a weekend series in St. Louis going 1-2 they headed into Colorado still with some breathing room. However, being swept in a 4 games series will be enough to sink a significant lead.
I am still really confident in my Reds, that they will snap out of it and win against the teams that they are supposed to beat. Time for a little home cooking and to get that magic number down from 19 to 14 games. Oh please this has to be the year to make it to the playoffs.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As soon as Brandon came back into the line-up, we have lost our chemistry
Pick up a game on the Cards tonight!! Fantastic start to the homestand.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds are now back to a 7 game lead. Magic number should now be under 20. This is LOCKED UP!
Cueto on the Hill today. I expect another win
The number is now 15 after Saturday's games. I feel much better now.

Stardust Wrote:Reds are now back to a 7 game lead. Magic number should now be under 20. This is LOCKED UP!
cart man Wrote:The number is now 15 after Saturday's games. I feel much better now.

A seven game lead with 15 to go is a virtual lock. You have to look at it as a 14 game swing, meaning the Reds must lose seven games, while the Cards win 7 games at the same time. That's just not going to happen.
Reds beat the D-Backs, Clinching their first winning record since 1999 I believe. Cards lost to Cubs. Seven game lead magic number down to 13!!!!