Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds: 8 game lead on the division down to 5 after Reds go 1-6 on road trip.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our beloved Redlegs have hit a little bit of a skid heading home to face the cellar dwelling Pirates and Diamondbacks (could not have came early enough). After hitting a season hit 8 game lead on the Cardinals in the NL Central, the Reds have surrendered 3 full games to the Cardinals leading to a 5 game lead. After a weekend series in St. Louis going 1-2 they headed into Colorado still with some breathing room. However, being swept in a 4 games series will be enough to sink a significant lead.
I am still really confident in my Reds, that they will snap out of it and win against the teams that they are supposed to beat. Time for a little home cooking and to get that magic number down from 19 to 14 games. Oh please this has to be the year to make it to the playoffs.
As soon as Brandon came back into the line-up, we have lost our chemistry
Pick up a game on the Cards tonight!! Fantastic start to the homestand.
Reds are now back to a 7 game lead. Magic number should now be under 20. This is LOCKED UP!
Cueto on the Hill today. I expect another win
The number is now 15 after Saturday's games. I feel much better now.

Stardust Wrote:Reds are now back to a 7 game lead. Magic number should now be under 20. This is LOCKED UP!
cart man Wrote:The number is now 15 after Saturday's games. I feel much better now.

A seven game lead with 15 to go is a virtual lock. You have to look at it as a 14 game swing, meaning the Reds must lose seven games, while the Cards win 7 games at the same time. That's just not going to happen.
Reds beat the D-Backs, Clinching their first winning record since 1999 I believe. Cards lost to Cubs. Seven game lead magic number down to 13!!!!