Poll: Who wins this one.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
55.56%
Sheldon Clark
44.44%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Johnson Central 9/11
paulcssi Wrote:I will make no prediction. I know very little about JC, other than they are 5A.
And since SC is a small 3A, it would seem logical that JC would be favored.

However, I am cognizant of the fact that only eleven players are on the field at any given time. Thus, maybe SC can give them a game.

Moreover I have wonder what the logic is from SC's perspective is by scheduling a 5A school? Obviously I do not have a clue.

Since I am a Sheldon Clark fan, I certainly hope that they can upset JC, but the odds, I do not think, are in their favor. But as I have posted a few times, games are decided on the field, not by predictions.

Let's hope for a good game, injury free for both teams.

The difference between 3A and 5A isn't so big. Highlands is a 3A school by enrollment.
And only a few years ago SC, JC and LC were all in the same class if I'm not mistaken.
I will take j.c. by two touchdowns .Jude is a good back keep giving him the ball and let him make the plays .keep it on the ground and let that big offensive line pound away .u will pull away in the 4th to win .good luck eagles hope u pull it off in a big way .
jc i about 12 to 15 turnovers from being an excellent ball club. As a matter of fact they are still one of the best teams in the mountains even though they are 0-3. Ill take jc by 2 td's good luck to both teams cant wait till friday night. Any one on this site who thinks they are not as good as the past few years apparently havent watched them play. Their tough schedule will pay off in the end. And hopefully carry them into november or even december .
J.C. flies straight in this matchup and gets the W. It will be no easy task though and Sheldon Clark could pull this off!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Grimm and Blume were never really a combo together. Grimm played sparingly when Blume was a senior. What about Chase Richardson? He was at one point leading the state in rushing last season too. So far JJ Jude's stats as a sophomore, have obliterated whatever either Grimm or Blume's were at the sophomore stage. If he stays healthy and has a productive line he should easily pass whatever rushing numbers either one may have put up, and become JC's all time leading rusher.

Matney said it because it is fact. Dillon had over a 1,000 yards last season too, but he has a broken hand and has not even played the last two games. Unfortunately the offensive line is not what it has been in previous years. But make no mistake, this is the best overall backfield in JC history. Hopefully by the end of the season the O line will mature and be healthy. Last year's line was just phenominal, creating holes you could drive a coal truck through. That needs to be mentioned.

Dude that's not a fact by any means and Matney said it because that's what a head coach is suppose to do, support his players and show confidence in them. He has to say that, but I'm being purely objective from what i've seen. i never said one bad thing about the other kids b/c they are good players, but I haven't seen anything that resembles Blume or Grimm's talent and that's not knock b/c those were really good players.
flavorflav Wrote:Dude that's not a fact by any means and Matney said it because that's what a head coach is suppose to do, support his players and show confidence in them. He has to say that, but I'm being purely objective from what i've seen. i never said one bad thing about the other kids b/c they are good players, but I haven't seen anything that resembles Blume or Grimm's talent and that's not knock b/c those were really good players.
Well now dude, I thought the very same thing as Matney. So I guess what we have here is your opinion, and an opinion shared by me and this other guy. Perhaps I'm wrong, but then again perhaps you are.
Maybe..I guess your making fun for my word useage of 'dude', but Grimm and Blume were special players who don't come around very often, but i'll concede this and that is there is a lot of football left to play this year and plenty of time for those guys to prove me wrong and like I said i think they are good so they are capable of that, but I'll hold my judgements till the end of the year
JC has played a tough schedule and i think win number 1 comes this week....i'll also add that i think Blume and Grimm were in a class of their own DUDES, but the Eagles still have great backfield this year.
I hope Johnson Co. Central wins.
RealisticView Wrote:I hope Johnson Co. Central wins. They are running out of tissues at Wal-Mart.

:eyeroll:
Central has been prone to the passing game so if SC can throw then they will be right in the game. I was watching that so called sports show on WYMT last night and they were talking to Matney and he said that that most of the current SC players started in the youth leagie program he started. Don't think so, he played only flag football here and it was people in the community that got the youth league started.
:thatsfunn
pagan Wrote:JC has played a tough schedule and i think win number 1 comes this week....i'll also add that i think Blume and Grimm were in a class of their own DUDES, but the Eagles still have great backfield this year.

I am going to agree with you to an extent! Blume and Grimm were great players and special players but what makes special players sometimes might be the players around them as well. If I am not mistaken, and Kimball can verify it for me, those offensive lines were very good and made holes even I could run through, and that has to be wide. I am not saying that Blume and Grimm were not good but that as a team they were special. This line might come around and we will being the same about these RB's. :Thumbs:
:lmao::lmao::1::popcorn:
Eagle Eye Wrote:I am going to agree with you to an extent! Blume and Grimm were great players and special players but what makes special players sometimes might be the players around them as well. If I am not mistaken, and Kimball can verify it for me, those offensive lines were very good and made holes even I could run through, and that has to be wide. I am not saying that Blume and Grimm were not good but that as a team they were special. This line might come around and we will being the same about these RB's. :Thumbs:

The line was great on those teams...but those guys in space were pretty impressive.
JC had the whole package those years....i mean they played highlands pretty impressively I thought or was it CovCath...i can't remember now, but i just remember thinking JC need a few extra breaks they'd be in Lousiville
Tough schedule has jc ready for this game, as long as they don't let those losses get in there head. Jc wins by 2 td. Sc is good team, but there no bell or Boyle. Jc will sneak up on a few teams this year as they will now over look them. Provided we get a grip on the football if you know what I mean.
Down and Out Wrote:Central has been prone to the passing game so if SC can throw then they will be right in the game. I was watching that so called sports show on WYMT last night and they were talking to Matney and he said that that most of the current SC players started in the youth leagie program he started. Don't think so, he played only flag football here and it was people in the community that got the youth league started.

You seem to be from Inez from you're talk of the community flag football and youth leagues. So if you didn't get the news from last week's game vs. LC. LC defense stuffed SC's rushing efforts and the Cards were forced to pass. Some SC fans were calling for Hager's head and against the Cards passing. So with that said, having seen both teams this year. SC won't pass nor run and JC has fiesta on the ground this week. Sticking to my original prediction.

JC 42
SC 13
calm down fellas....keep to the game now...
Like I said before... JC takes care of business tonight. ...Oh, someone said we had a bunch of Magoffin folks coming over to cheer us on tonight..any truth to that? lol:popcorn::biggrin:
JC by as many as they want!!!
i got Sheldon clark in this one guys by 2 TD's.
anyone have a radio stattion online to listen to.