Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2008 better than the 2007 team?
bucslover68 Wrote:If everyone on Belfry's team played with the heart and toughness and instinct that Thomas does, we would have played for a championship this past weekend.

totaly agree. the kid played his heart out.
Both did really well. But the 2007 team was just scary good. Big, strong, fast, and athletic
All the talk is about the backs.. But how many on the 2007 team had D-1 colleges looking at them??? Ill answer and say 2!!
The one all talked about was Ivan, The other was Ryan "ROID" Blackburn!!!!
ROID was the one that stood up to MR COBBLE! AND BEAT HIM!!! Argue me that!!!!!!! Mr.Cobble played against Breathitt in 2008 and was not shut down but is going to play for UK i think.
I just think that more credit should be given to the offensive line, Last year they could'nt be stopped!!!
Central blew up the 2007 o-line every other play.

Recall that Elkins was being tackled while he tried to hand off, causing numerous fumbles, including the one that sealed your fate.
madmann1 Wrote:The one all talked about was Ivan, The other was Ryan "ROID" Blackburn!!!!

That's funny, I needed a good laugh today. It is not hard to figure out who you are, in the past 6 months all you have done on here is criticize certain people on the staff of coaches. Move on, get over it, players quit, life goes on !!!!!
madmann1 Wrote:ROID was the one that stood up to MR COBBLE! AND BEAT HIM!!! Argue me that!!!!!!! Mr.Cobble played against Breathitt in 2008 and was not shut down but is going to play for UK i think.

Cobble beat him repeatedly like he stole something.
Both teams play with loads of talent and heart!! Bottom line...they are a team!
You obviously did'nt watch the same game "All of Pond creek watched"!!!
PaytoPlay Wrote:Central blew up the 2007 o-line every other play.

Recall that Elkins was being tackled while he tried to hand off, causing numerous fumbles, including the one that sealed your fate.

If you will remember, Blackburn got hurt, and was taken out of the game!!! Then the defense of LC! came flowing in!! That's when you saw the fumbles........!
Keep it on topic!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
07 team
You know you have a great program win you debate (argue) which of your own teams was better.
I'm going with the 07 team as well. That team was unbeatable until that championship game
I didn't say Thomas didn't play his guts out, I said he didn't play the game like it was a war. He's a hard worker, and any coach on the planet would love to have him and a whole team with his work ethic. But he, and everyone else on the team this year except CC, were too "nice" on the field. When the going gets tough, you either turn into a madman and fight tooth and nail for what you want, or you don't. Thomas kept his composure and kept working hard, but I saw no teeth... perfect example, compare Charlie against JCHS and BCHS... and Charlie's one of the nicest kids you'll ever see come out of Belfry High. Compare Drew in the first half of the Breathitt game with the second. Compare Ivan in the Russell & SCHS games to any other game this season. The Ivan who came to play against SCHS would have had 200 yards against Breathitt.

Now ask yourself this question: How many times this year did you say "OMG our boy just killed him" when a Belfry player hit someone? Then look at the '07 games and count them all up. Dustin and John literally knocked people out last year.
madmann1 Wrote:If you will remember, Blackburn got hurt, and was taken out of the game!!! Then the defense of LC! came flowing in!! That's when you saw the fumbles........!

man, give it a rest, your making yourself look bad.
Actually, as I remember it, Roid was hurt late in the 3rd, and they move Buddy Ro from TE to tackle and we started blocking...

Then again, no one on our team could block Cobble. He's a beast. And it's no offense to anyone saying they can't block him: not many linemen in the state could hold him back even half the time, much less contain him for an entire game. I'll admit it, on my best day when I was in HS I couldn't have done anything against him the way he played that day. I'd have run every play inside him or to the other direction had I been the man with the clipboard.

Now, I'm not gonna bash Roid about this season, I'll just say that if he had wanted to play, he'd have shown it to his team instead of quitting. There's no shame in not wanting to play.
You remember wrong,,Sarrr, it was 4th quarter, And Blackburn was holding the line, When he was hurt,, The person that replaced him was new, and then-the fumble!! Watch it again!!!! Doc johnson saw it and ALL!! Don't bash him!!!
Dustin May played in 07 so I quess 07 was. This years team had no Dustin May type of player on the field.