Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2008 better than the 2007 team?
Your response!!
No.
I don't think so.
It is a toss up if you ask me. Both teams were great!!!
No, Belfry 2007 was tougher and better!
I was starting to think the 08 was better.. but I was wrong..
Yeah it doesn't hold any water now. What kind of thread is this??????
This is a stupid thread in my opinion. There is no possible way this years team was better than last year. Dustin May is a beast and thats about it.
Nope. Defensively, and all around playmaking on both sides of the ball, just not as good, but very close.
It doesn't really matter....both teams were undefeated into the playoffs and had a letdown both years.
Who cares which team was the best. It really does not mater. They were both very good teams and represented the mountains in a big way. Be proud of what you have.
i would have to say the intensity on the field from Maydo, Hickman, Bowens, Hoss, Preston, and Heath Varney was unmatched this season.... last years team was "just a step ahead" of this years team so in my opinion the 07 team was much better
No the '07 team made it all the way to the carpet undefeated until that game. So IMO this years team was no tas good.
The '08 team just did not have the senior leadership that the '07 team had...the '07seniors would not have allowed the letdown against Breathitt (this is by no means a knock on Breathitt)
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
To have had so many players who were on both teams, they sure were a different bunch. Last year, they were very aggressive. John and Maydo and Phil (and Corey) just layed people down. This year, the only really aggressive player was Corey. Sure, a lot of the other boys played hard, but there's a difference in giving your all and fighting for what you want, and last year's seniors were fighters. I bet they were penalized for a lot more yardage because of that too Tongue

Although, I was really impressed with how Drew fought to try to keep us in the game on those last drives against Breathitt. Up until the INT and the Fumble, those two drives were his best performances of the season, maybe even his HS career, IMO.

This year's team was faster though. Thomas of note looked a LOT quicker on the field, and he was more aggressive this year too. He's matured a lot. Just not a fighter.
two words...Dustin May
Sarrr Wrote:To have had so many players who were on both teams, they sure were a different bunch. Last year, they were very aggressive. John and Maydo and Phil (and Corey) just layed people down. This year, the only really aggressive player was Corey. Sure, a lot of the other boys played hard, but there's a difference in giving your all and fighting for what you want, and last year's seniors were fighters. I bet they were penalized for a lot more yardage because of that too Tongue

Although, I was really impressed with how Drew fought to try to keep us in the game on those last drives against Breathitt. Up until the INT and the Fumble, those two drives were his best performances of the season, maybe even his HS career, IMO.

This year's team was faster though. Thomas of note looked a LOT quicker on the field, and he was more aggressive this year too. He's matured a lot. Just not a fighter.
What game were you watchin? 180 yards rushing,and tough yards I might add, is not fighting? I for one have to say he was probably one of the few that even kept us in the game.Besides Andrew and Timmy and Corey. Give me a break.
07 by far
cobra67 Wrote:What game were you watchin? 180 yards rushing,and tough yards I might add, is not fighting? I for one have to say he was probably one of the few that even kept us in the game.Besides Andrew and Timmy and Corey. Give me a break.

Don't worry, he's an idiot.

Anybody who has watched Belfry the last two years would tell you Thomas is as much of a fighter as anyone. Not only on Belfry's team, but any team they've played against.
No
mrfootball03 Wrote:I was starting to think the 08 was better.. but I was wrong..

was 07 better because they didnt have turnovers in the semi finals or whats the reason, just wondering?because they made it to state? both was undeated and this years team beat a better jc team than 07
I think BOTH teams had a LOT of talent. This years team was different than the 07 team though. It's hard to compare when you have 2 teams that had the records they BOTH had and the talent they placed on the field......

Yes, BOTH were talented....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
cobra67 Wrote:What game were you watchin? 180 yards rushing,and tough yards I might add, is not fighting? I for one have to say he was probably one of the few that even kept us in the game.Besides Andrew and Timmy and Corey. Give me a break.

Your exactly right....
What universe did you fall from???? If Thomas Varney isnt a fighter Belfry has never had a fighter. I think you need to set down and think before you make such remarks. I have always heard it is better to look stupid than to speak and verify it
king360 Wrote:two words...Dustin May
One more word.

Hickman.
Sarrr Wrote:To have had so many players who were on both teams, they sure were a different bunch. Last year, they were very aggressive. John and Maydo and Phil (and Corey) just layed people down. This year, the only really aggressive player was Corey. Sure, a lot of the other boys played hard, but there's a difference in giving your all and fighting for what you want, and last year's seniors were fighters. I bet they were penalized for a lot more yardage because of that too Tongue

If everyone on Belfry's team played with the heart and toughness and instinct that Thomas does, we would have played for a championship this past weekend.
bucslover68 Wrote:If everyone on Belfry's team played with the heart and toughness and instinct that Thomas does, we would have played for a championship this past weekend.

Not much more to be said than I totally agree.