Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 86, Walton (Ga) 65
Just some observations from courtside. SV played solid all game long. Elisha once again controlled the game. However, I have found Shelby Valley's one weakness...their little guys think they can dunk, Ha Ha...Cody and Elisha both missed dunk attempts...I don't blame them. If I was that wide open, I would try to throw it down too. Rice played lazy and Harrow was definitely a great athlete, but Elisha's motor was better. I am surprised that no one has commented that Walton was without 3 key players. I am not saying this to diminish the SV win, but the coach for Walton was talking to Elisha after the game. He said that SV was real good, but they could have made it closer if those 3 players were there. Elisha told the coach he had seen them play down at Science Hill and that a couple of the missing guys were real good. I believe one of them was Rice's brother, Demetrius. Great win for SV. This is a team that is relentless and Adams played well again.
Walton had 5 players suspended and 2 was starters. heard this at the game
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:Walton had 5 players suspended and 2 was starters. heard this at the game

Well their 2 D-1 players played. Valley has no D-1 commits.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well their 2 D-1 players played. Valley has no D-1 commits.

Yeah it didn't matter really all they may have contributed was about 5-10 points anyway it would not have made up the huge margin. And there two D-1 prospects played and did nothing.
i was just saying that there was 5 players suspended...i aint taking anything away from Valley cause everyone knows they are good. i think that there are some players trying to dunk that shouldn't but other than that i didn't see anything wrong with there performance. congrats Valley
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Yeah it didn't matter really all they may have contributed was about 5-10 points anyway it would not have made up the huge margin. And there two D-1 prospects played and did nothing.

Harrow had a nice game with 22 points. He is the junior committed to N.C. State, but Rice played tired and disinterested except for that one jam off a lob from Harrow. That dunk was sweet, but you know what, it just counted for two points all the same.
i dont know if anyone else noticed it but me and the people that i was sitting with did but Glenn Rice Jr. acted like he didnt care if he was out there playing or not he didnt run up the court half the time. i really liked his 2 dunks tho my favorite was the one off the lob by Harrow
bucslover68 Wrote:Harrow had a nice game with 22 points. He is the junior committed to N.C. State, but Rice played tired and disinterested except for that one jam off a lob from Harrow. That dunk was sweet, but you know what, it just counted for two points all the same.

Like I said earlier in the thread this kid will be a great NBA player he has all the makings he show boats on the offensive side of the ball and plays lazy on defense that all you need to be great. lol
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I think this is the most scoring threats Valley has ever had on one team.

By the way, I researched Rice, Jr on Rivals. He is #48 in this year's class.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1642

Here is a link on Harrow as well.

http://florida.rivals.com/viewprospect.a..._key=83338

I also read that Walton had 2629 students. Sounds like a pretty good sized school.

Nice find! Thanks for the information.
Kind of a bummer to heard that they were without 2 starters. I would venture to say that the game probably would have been more of an equal battle than a run-away for Valley. Having chemistry can be everything, when trying to get momentum and it sounds like Walton not having those players kind of created an odd game for them. Anyway you look at it is still a team I previously thought Valley had no shot beating with ot without starters.
This team will continue to impress me as the year goes on I am sure of it.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:i dont know if anyone else noticed it but me and the people that i was sitting with did but Glenn Rice Jr. acted like he didnt care if he was out there playing or not he didnt run up the court half the time. i really liked his 2 dunks tho my favorite was the one off the lob by Harrow

LoL, funny thing is, people used to say the same things about a certain Scotty Hopson, he's tearing things up at Tenn. now.
Does anyone know if Valley and Dunbar are going to make up the missed game?
Congrats to SV on the win.
Impressive win for SV. With or without two starters I would have thought Walton would have had enough athleticism to have competed better than this score indicates.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:I know SV is really good, but thought the team from Georgia would be better!! Anyway congrats to SV!!

well the same WALTON,GA played down here in johnson city tn, 2weeks ago, against a good scince hill team and scince hill beat them in ot..
I thought SV adjusted very well to a team with a different style than what they had seen. Walton had some runouts and was 6-0 before SV new it. Elisha took control and they never looked back. I thought the reverse layin Logan had taking it to Rice was one of best plays of the game. And Elisha's dunk attempt was OK too, considering he had played tough, tight defense all night. But it's not all about the guards, Adams, Hatfield had good game also.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:Walton had 5 players suspended and 2 was starters. heard this at the game

Yeah I saw the two kids during the game shooting around one had dreads and the other looked to be about a 6'4 white kid very athletic looking.

One thing I liked about Valley last night was that Devan looked very nice running the floor in transition. Once Bacon gets back to his old form this team will be so much tougher, hope to see him get back to his old self soon.
I think it was from a fight in TN, and they had to finish the game with 3 players.
Congrats Valley.
Another double-double from Elisha Justice. Shelby Valley should move into the top 10 in the state with this win! Congrats Valley!
walton had two players commited to acc schools
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Another double-double from Elisha Justice. Shelby Valley should move into the top 10 in the state with this win! Congrats Valley!
After the Henry Clay game, they should be moved into the top 10, this game shoudnt have any bearing on a move up or down in the state considering it was a out of state team that was played.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.