Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 86, Walton (Ga) 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Stats?
Is Valley this good? Or was this team overhyped?
You won't get complete stats from me, I just listened to it on the radio. Usually DortonWildcat5 has all the Valley info.

I do believe Justice had 24 points.
VALLEY
Justice-24 points...10 assists....3 steals
Adams-14 points...5 rebounds...3 blocks
Varney-4 points
53% from the field. 14/22 from the line.

WALTON
Rice Jr.-10 points....11 assists
Harrow-22 points
43% from the field. 7/10 from the line.
Radio also said Hatfield had 18 points.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Is Valley this good? Or was this team overhyped?

I know SV is really good, but thought the team from Georgia would be better!! Anyway congrats to SV!!
More Cowbell Wrote:Radio also said Hatfield had 18 points.

Thanks that was one I missed.
Someone in person could probably give a better account of just how good Walton was. But from listening on the radio, it sounded like Walton had a definite advantage in athleticism, and they used that edge to make a lot of layups on runouts. But when they couldn't score off the break, they either took some bad shots or just couldn't get them to fall.

Meanwhile, once Valley got over some initial nerves at the beginning, they generally took good shots and played much better as a team. Always looking to find the man with the best shot. I would like to hear how many total assists they had compared to Walton.
Walton is supposedly a very good and athletic team. With 2 guys on their team who have committed to ACC schools, this is another good win for Shelby Valley in my opinion. Especially with that large of margin.
I just got back from this game, and yes Shelby Valley is just that good. Walton would have killed anyone else in the 15th. They have 2 players going to ACC schools and Rice had a dunk that was NBA style. Shelby Valley's defense was awesome and they play so good as a team. SV is a force in the state.
Valley played great tonight, however I was very disappointed in the way Walton played. They really didnt seem to give a rats behind about anything. Really was not impressed with Rice at all. IMO he played as the worst player out there. Yes he had a nice dunk but he was lazy did not play hardly any D and just tried to show boat. IMO Justice was the best player on the floor, alot better than any player for Walton tonight. IMO Valley is the best team I have seen in the 15th in the years I have been around.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Valley played great tonight, however I was very disappointed in the way Walton played. They really didnt seem to give a rats behind about anything. Really was not impressed with Rice at all. IMO he played as the worst player out there. Yes he had a nice dunk but he was lazy did not play hardly any D and just tried to show boat. IMO Justice was the best player on the floor, alot better than any player for Walton tonight. IMO Valley is the best team I have seen in the 15th in the years I have been around.

I agree 100 percent, Rice Jr. did not even try, all of times he acted like he was to good to be playing with boys from ky.
Welcome to the top ten in the state Valley. I am so impressed with these first three wins. I can't believe that they are doing this to GOOD, ELITE teams. I think this is a year to have a good run in the sweet sixteen for a mountain school. Going by these two wins in the last TWO DAYS, I think that this Valley team could hang with probably anyone in the state (maybe Scott county being the exception). I mean Walton, obviously had a better athletes but that don't mean a thing against a team philosophy. Go Valley and make east Kentucky proud!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Valley played great tonight, however I was very disappointed in the way Walton played. They really didnt seem to give a rats behind about anything. Really was not impressed with Rice at all. IMO he played as the worst player out there. Yes he had a nice dunk but he was lazy did not play hardly any D and just tried to show boat. IMO Justice was the best player on the floor, alot better than any player for Walton tonight. IMO Valley is the best team I have seen in the 15th in the years I have been around.

So that means he will play in the NBA because that is all they do is show boat on offense and play lazy defense thats why you see these game 122 to 115 and these crazy scores. Come on you get paid to paly ball at least play a little D. lolBig Grin
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:So that means he will play in the NBA because that is all they do is show boat on offense and play lazy defense thats why you see these game 122 to 115 and these crazy scores. Come on you get paid to paly ball at least play a little D. lolBig Grin

haha true
Does anyone have any information about the other two tourneys Valley will be in. The Hoopin' it up classic and the Florida tourney.
I would love to see if Valley could hang with these kind of teams away from home.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Does anyone have any information about the other two tourneys Valley will be in. The Hoopin' it up classic and the Florida tourney.
I would love to see if Valley could hang with these kind of teams away from home.

You can search "Great Florida Shootout" and there is a site for the Florida tourney. SV plays the host school first and if they win they could face Kenny Boynton (Florida PG signee, #6 in 2009 by Rivals)...
The King Wrote:You can search "Great Florida Shootout" and there is a site for the Florida tourney. SV plays the host school first and if they win they could face Kenny Boynton (Florida PG signee, #6 in 2009 by Rivals)...

Sounds kind of like that tourney they went to up in New York last season. Man I don't really know what to expect from this Valley team. As of right now the sky is the limit.
Valley is for real! Congrats!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sounds kind of like that tourney they went to up in New York last season. Man I don't really know what to expect from this Valley team. As of right now the sky is the limit.

They played against Sylven Landesberg last season in New York and he is now averaging 19.0 points per game for the University of Virginia...
The King Wrote:They played against Sylven Landesberg last season in New York and he is now averaging 19.0 points per game for the University of Virginia...

Thanks man! That is interesting. Is that the team that they beat or the one they lost to, up in NYC?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Thanks man! That is interesting. Is that the team that they beat or the one they lost to, up in NYC?

Lost to by 33.
Wow this is impressive
PC_You_Know Wrote:Lost to by 33.

Thanks! So it was the one that was like 7th in the nation! lol
Here is my take on the game. Walton has great athletes. Valley has a great team. I dont see any "play for me" from Valley in either of their 3 games this year. Valley played team ball where Walton was trying to play more 1 on 1. Walton came in with a 3-0 record, Valley with a 2-0 record. Someone had to lose. Valley played better team ball to get the W. Elisha proved tonight that he can play with D-1 commints. IMO he outplayed both of Waltons guards. I dont know the official stats, but I think that Valley out rebounded Walton. If not, it was very close. Everyone stepped up and played there butts off even after having played a tough game last night.

Congrats to Valley on the win, Walton, thanks for the game. It was also nice to see players from different teams and even different states playing a good hard played game and joking and talking to each other without all the trash talking. Helping each other up off the floor.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Here is my take on the game. Walton has great athletes. Valley has a great team. I dont see any "play for me" from Valley in either of their 3 games this year. Valley played team ball where Walton was trying to play more 1 on 1. Walton came in with a 3-0 record, Valley with a 2-0 record. Someone had to lose. Valley played better team ball to get the W. Elisha proved tonight that he can play with D-1 commints. IMO he outplayed both of Waltons guards. I dont know the official stats, but I think that Valley out rebounded Walton. If not, it was very close. Everyone stepped up and played there butts off even after having played a tough game last night.

Congrats to Valley on the win, Walton, thanks for the game. It was also nice to see players from different teams and even different states playing a good hard played game and joking and talking to each other without all the trash talking. Helping each other up off the floor.

Agree! Thank you to Walton for supporting this tourney.
To me, I could see the talent in Rice just not the effort or desire. He also walks alot. Harrow had a pretty good game though.

Again, I was impressed by Valley's team. They are strong at every position and the bench gives good minutes and energy every night.

Here is what I had on stats:

Elisha Justice 24 points, 10 assists, 5 steals
Ashley Hatfield 18 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds
Devan Adams 16 points, 6 rebounds
Curby Tackett 10 points, 4 rebounds
Tyler Newsome 6 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Logan Bryant 5 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Taylor Newsome 3 points, 11 rebounds
Cody Varney 2 points, 2 assists
Trey Roberts 2 points

Unofficially I had Valley as 57 % from the field, 50 % (8-16) from three, and 63 % (14-22) from the free throw line.

I had Walton as 45 % from the field, 22 % (4-18) from three, and 70 % (7-10) from the free throw line.

I had Valley with 37 rebounds, 22 assists, 6 steals, and 11 turnovers.

I had Walton with 23 rebounds, 14 assists, 5 steals, and 11 turnovers.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:To me, I could see the talent in Rice just not the effort or desire. He also walks alot. Harrow had a pretty good game though.

Again, I was impressed by Valley's team. They are strong at every position and the bench gives good minutes and energy every night.

Here is what I had on stats:

Elisha Justice 24 points, 10 assists, 5 steals
Ashley Hatfield 18 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds
Devan Adams 16 points, 6 rebounds
Curby Tackett 10 points, 4 rebounds
Tyler Newsome 6 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Logan Bryant 5 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Taylor Newsome 3 points, 11 rebounds
Cody Varney 2 points, 2 assists
Trey Roberts 2 points

Unofficially I had Valley as 57 % from the field, 50 % (8-16) from three, and 63 % (14-22) from the free throw line.

I had Walton as 45 % from the field, 22 % (4-18) from three, and 70 % (7-10) from the free throw line.

I had Valley with 37 rebounds, 22 assists, 6 steals, and 11 turnovers.

I had Walton with 23 rebounds, 14 assists, 5 steals, and 11 turnovers.

The most inportant thing I see in those stats are balance. This team is just that ... an awesome TEAM.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The most inportant thing I see in those stats are balance. This team is just that ... an awesome TEAM.

I think this is the most scoring threats Valley has ever had on one team.

By the way, I researched Rice, Jr on Rivals. He is #48 in this year's class.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1642

Here is a link on Harrow as well.

http://florida.rivals.com/viewprospect.a..._key=83338

I also read that Walton had 2629 students. Sounds like a pretty good sized school.
Pages: 1 2