Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co @ Lee Co Jan 31th
TinCup_neers Wrote:a big congratulations to the refs, way to hand the game to lee. O yeah and way to work the clock i now know its possible to pass and shoot in 0.6 seconds who would of known.

Clock starts when the ball touches the player's hands; and there was no pass in that .6 seconds. Charles caught the ball, no dribble, just jumped, turned in the air and shot. (I think that he finished the game with 27.)

Is it possible to catch and shoot in 0.6 seconds? Yep, it is. In fact it has been done many times. I even saw a clip on espn demonstrating that it is possible to catch, dribble once and shoot in 0.6 seconds. Seach youTube for 0.6 basketball shot, and I'm sure that you'll find some examples.

So would you question the officials, the Lee players, or the reaction time of the clock keeper?

How could you possible blame the team? Great effort by both teams. I thought that there was a lot of pushing and holding by Estill on the inside that wasn't called. At half time Estill had one foul called.

Lee didn't play a great game, missing lots of easy shots and free throws. They did rebound well. Cristopher and Cackling played great for Estill.

There was some silly stuff after the game from the Estill bench involving a thrown object (clipboard?) that struck an Estill cheerleader. I hope that she is ok.
Yeah. Wonder how much Lee payed off the refs tonight? What does that make Lee's record at home games now? I swear something isnt right there.
Estill will be prepared at districts. Lee wont stand a chance because they wont be playing on their home court.

And yes, the cheerleader is fine.
that was quite embarrassing, imo.
arc you can watch all the utube you want but that shot tonight did not and should not count like sid he cought the ball turned and let it go it's impossable to happen.plus he did not handle the ball clean going up and that took time. look at the film not utube. right is right and wrong is wrong it is not the players these guys from both played hard and they pick up each other of the floor and patted each other on the back all night. There is no proble with Estill fans and Lee co fans. The ref's did not handle the last couple plays right after Estill went ahead by two they put 2.6 seconds on the clock were did they come up with that number Blake shot with 4 seconds on the clock the ball wis in the air how long? So how did they come up with that number? Then they inbonded the ball Roberts broke up the pass the ball went all the way down the floor the time run but some way they put up the now famous 0.6 seconds were did they come up with that number imo the game was over when the ball rolled all the way down the floor.but some way they put up more time so go figure to ans your questions the frf's sucked. and stoled the game from Estill.
ARC Wrote:Clock starts when the ball touches the player's hands; and there was no pass in that .6 seconds. Charles caught the ball, no dribble, just jumped, turned in the air and shot. (I think that he finished the game with 27.)

Is it possible to catch and shoot in 0.6 seconds? Yep, it is. In fact it has been done many times. I even saw a clip on espn demonstrating that it is possible to catch, dribble once and shoot in 0.6 seconds. Seach youTube for 0.6 basketball shot, and I'm sure that you'll find some examples.

So would you question the officials, the Lee players, or the reaction time of the clock keeper?

How could you possible blame the team? Great effort by both teams. I thought that there was a lot of pushing and holding by Estill on the inside that wasn't called. At half time Estill had one foul called.

Lee didn't play a great game, missing lots of easy shots and free throws. They did rebound well. Cristopher and Cackling played great for Estill.

There was some silly stuff after the game from the Estill bench involving a thrown object (clipboard?) that struck an Estill cheerleader. I hope that she is ok.

No one blames the teams, it is sad that the game had to be decided by a clock keeper and three refs, the boys are the ones that have to suffer. The clock keeper and the refs are the ones that have to lay done tonight and think about what they did. I thought the boys one both teams played with lots of class. But something needs to be done with the high school ref situation before they completly ruin the sport.:mad: and one other thing I don't know how you can say that Estill pushed and held all night without fouls being called when number 40 held on to the Estill's boys jerseys all night.
You are so right the kids play so hard and most part get along great so what do adult ref's have to take it away and let games get out of hand that's why there is trouble in the stands so please let get this under control send films into the khcaa and show them whats happening.some cant even get up and down the floor.
Referees can be pretty dirty sometimes. But you have to give credit where credit is due. The shot Charles made was a miracle. And the clock does start when the ball touches the players hands and when the Roberts kid broke the pass, he was right next to the sideline. So if the ball rolled, it rolled 3 inches. That amounts to no time on the clock. Both teams played intense and with extreme class for such an important District game. It is a shame for a team to go home with a loss by a buzzer beater, but whats happened is done and gone. Good effort by both teams, I mean that shot was an absolute miracle and I don't think Estill should be too down in the dumps after something like that. Lee won by the skin of their teeth. And the District Tourney should be one to watch.
basketballwizz Wrote:You are so right the kids play so hard and most part get along great so what do adult ref's have to take it away and let games get out of hand that's why there is trouble in the stands so please let get this under control send films into the khcaa and show them whats happening.some cant even get up and down the floor.
I think the last thing anyone wants from this game is for the KHSAA to see this ending of the game. I hope everyone can put this game behind us and move on both teams are very capable of winning the district. I think it is Estill year and I wish them all the best. Yes it was phsyical but I saw nothing dirty out there . The kids from both teams were the best behaved in the whole gym.
loves2cheer Wrote:Yeah. Wonder how much Lee payed off the refs tonight? What does that make Lee's record at home games now? I swear something isnt right there.
Estill will be prepared at districts. Lee wont stand a chance because they wont be playing on their home court.

And yes, the cheerleader is fine.
that was quite embarrassing, imo.
Lets be adults no one paid off anybody. The game don't have to be at Lee. Estill won at thier place by 3 or 4. So that makes them impossible to beat on a nuetral floor. Don't count these Bobcats out yet. Lee has beat Estill 7 out of the last 8 meetings and only 4 of those were at Lee. I do not underestimate Estill they are good and I think they can go along way this year. But to say Lee don't stand a chance is a little over confident.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I think the last thing anyone wants from this game is for the KHSAA to see this ending of the game. I hope everyone can put this game behind us and move on both teams are very capable of winning the district. I think it is Estill year and I wish them all the best. Yes it was phsyical but I saw nothing dirty out there . The kids from both teams were the best behaved in the whole gym.

I think that Estill's coach would agree that if the kids got a fair shot - that would be worth any other issues being brought up. I think that the importance of this game is lost on the Bobcats. The Engineers were trying to make school history. With a win tonight they would have been the only team in Estill county history to be 6 - 0 in District play. Although it had no seeding implications and the district tourney is set - this game was important. The boys were trying to make their mark in the ECHS history books and they did it - it was just taken away.
Then please send a tape to whoever you want. I know Lee has no problem with anything that is decided. All we did was play what a ref called. The ref who every one keeps referring to is one of the top rated official in the 14th region. He is usually invited to call the all-a and the state tournament. I am astounded as to this reaction for this game. It is controversial but it is not like Lee couldn't beat Estill. These teams are evenly matched.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Then please send a tape to whoever you want. I know Lee has no problem with anything that is decided. All we did was play what a ref called. The ref who every one keeps referring to is one of the top rated official in the 14th region. He is usually invited to call the all-a and the state tournament. I am astounded as to this reaction for this game. It is controversial but it is not like Lee couldn't beat Estill. These teams are evenly matched.

Agreed - these teams are evenly matched!