Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville v.s Louisville Holy Cross
BlueStripes Wrote:Yes that is true. The 96 State Champs were Runer ups in the All A that season.
I hope he brings this one back then. It would be a great way to represent the 15th and a final piece for his collection or oh, what would you guess, 5 or 6 trophies? :insane:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I hope he brings this one back then. It would be a great way to represent the 15th and a final piece for his collection or oh, what would you guess, 5 or 6 trophies? :insane:
lol im not sure. Maybe The Guru will post the history on that. Got to think of how many Regions, All A Regions, Districts, State Championship, and so on lol.
Ill take Holy Cross
That I know of off the top of my head BMR has:
1-State Sweet 16 Title
1-State Sweet 16 Runner-Up
2-Final Four Sweet 16 Trophies
7-Regional Titles

Districts I believe is around the 13 mark. All-A Regional Titles I think he has 8, but no All-A State Title.
RavenBoy Wrote:Ill take Holy Cross

Just don't bet on it.
Who defeated Paintsville in the '98 All A?
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Who defeated Paintsville in the '98 All A?
University Heights i think, they are also a big contender in the tournament this year.
DALE Wrote:That I know of off the top of my head BMR has:
1-State Sweet 16 Title
7-Regional Titles

Districts I believe is around the 13 mark. All-A Regional Titles I think he has 8, but no All-A State Title.

That is an impressive Resume!!!!
Mr.3000 Wrote:University Heights i think, they are also a big contender in the tournament this year.

You are correct. That University Heights team was led by a guy by the name of Harold Swanagan who went on to star at Notre Dame with Lexington Catholic stand out David Graves.
DALE Wrote:That I know of off the top of my head BMR has:
1-State Sweet 16 Title
7-Regional Titles

All-A, I believe, 1 runner up,1 semi-final, 1 final 4, and 4 quick exits.
Mr.3000 Wrote:University Heights i think, they are also a big contender in the tournament this year.
I thought it was Harlan???
They beat us 47-43, after we beat Hazard, by 1.
The Guru Wrote:I thought it was Harlan???
Nope.....I think I am wrong...lol
I'll take the Tigers by about 10....Anyone know who the winner of this game would play?
colts12 Wrote:I'll take the Tigers by about 10....Anyone know who the winner of this game would play?
Pineville 19-2 or Bardstown 14-4
Pupaw Wrote:Pineville 19-2 or Bardstown 14-4

Thanks. Don't really know much about those teams
Pineville is either leading or close to the lead on scoring average as a team. That doesn't really mean a whole lot though. They could have played some really bad defensive teams?
I'm not gonna make any predicitons...but it is a very evenly matched tournament this year...is it not?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:That is an impressive Resume!!!!

This is even more so when you consider that it all come from a small school like Paintsville!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:This is even more so when you consider that it all come from a small school like Paintsville!!

Very True
Paintsville
I'll take Paintsville by 10+.

Wish I could make it down for this one. Will definately be there Friday if they win.