Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 14 Russell 7
david5164 Wrote:This type of weather and the rain doesn't make a good combination for the passing game. The first drive for Russell was nice and then after that wasn't much offense. I still like Soph. QB Charlie Jachimczuk at QB over Sr. QB Grant Wilburn. He normally runs and throws the ball better over Wilburn. If Russell doesn't give up those easy Turnovers that scored the 14 points Russell could had a shutout tonight.

That’s one way of looking at it.But I guess if you are a Ram fan you see it a little differently.Russell with 71 total yards and two first downs after they scored on their first drive...I think the devils were lucky to be in the game! Rams with three turnovers and two dropped td passes and countless untimely penalties kept Russell in the game! They coaching staff tried last night,but the lack of attention to detail has killed the Rams the last two weeks! They Rams went on break three weeks ago and some players are yet to come back!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Where’s mighty dog!!! I told you The evils wouldn’t score 14 points! It’s a good thing too because we looked like a monkey humping a football on offense

It was a sloppy game by both teams. Both defenses played well. Raceland stopped the run better though, and put more pressure on the QB. It didn't help Russell's cause with Duvall going out early. Who knows they could still be playing if Russell dissent fumble on the one yard line. After each team scored seemed like neither team wanted any part of the end zone. Hope both teams do well in the playoffs.
I agree there 100% mighty dog. It's like someone put shock collars on them at half time.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:They can take the wing T and give it back to Russell.I don’t ever want to see my team in orange line up in that trash again! It’s a waste of time.You don’t run that style of offense for three or four plays in a game and get anything from it! It’s a system offense... it’s something that you have to spend lots of time on to be successful with and it’s a joke to waste time in practice on it when the Rams should be using that time to work on timing with their route running!

I’d gladly take that trash back at Russell. If Russell was still in Wing t they may have won this game. The spread ain’t worth a blood nickel in the rain or bad weather and neither is zone blocking!
Agree with you on zone blocking 100%
Imo, the problem w zone blocking isnt the scheme. It's the "stop and look" it creates at times. Really, it takes a great deal of studying and a bug ass bunch if reps to do it well. But it CAN be extremely effective. I do however, think it looks like Russell's OL is very "reactive" which causes them to be late and get beat. That's a discipline and mental thing, not physical. You can still drive block from a zone blocking scheme. Just bc it's not man to man, doesn't mean it's not aggressive. Just my thought on the subject.
Zone blocking takes alot of trust in the guy beside you as well and a helluva alot of communication. Russell didnt seem to have that continuity upfront. Lot of missed assignments.