Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 14 Russell 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Congratulations Raceland on the win.
Congrats to Rams. This game was won on LOS, Rams stuffed Devils in second half.
Tonight these 2 was pretty evenly matched teams.Raceland D is pretty good but the Devils D showed up tonight also. Turnovers kill ya Russell had 2 one on the opening kickoff at their 30 and one on their on 1 in the 4th quarter that accounted for Raceland’s 2 scores. Devils have improved greatly this year from the Ashland game. Congrats Raceland good luck in the playoffs
Congratulations to the Rams
Russell’s young kids played their tails off tonight. Devils have improved defensively in every aspect. Devils need to use power blocking schemes on offense. The zone blocking schemes just don’t work, something to think of for next year obviously your not gonna change entire blocking scheme in one week.
Rams had three or four turnovers tonight! Two dropped td passes! The O line looks like garbage and our attention to detail is gone! Was really impressed with the D from Russell but the only way they were going to score was by a busted long play cause if I’m not wrong I think they had three first downs after their first drive!
Russell needed open up the offense more. Raceland was stuffing the run. You can't beat good teams most of the time only running it.
Landon Duvall was dealing with a pulled hamstring according to Russell radio crew. Not having him hurt Russell as well when he went down early in the game.
I fear we peaked waaaaaayyyy too damn early. We do not look like the same team offensively. Passes getting dropped, protections breaking down upfront. Defensively, we r playing fine. Offense is sputtering though. Some of the new wrinkles do have potential and I like us going under center some. Real season starts tomorrow morning. We played with more heart and took advantage of opportunities the defense gave. But penalties kept us out of the endzone, as did the 3 turnovers. We seem to have lost our blood thirst for the endzone we had in the first part of the season. Russell out fought us in the first half. We came out a little tougher in the second half, but we have to quit shooting ourselves in the foot.
The Russell Defense played pretty good tonight,they gave the offense a chance to win. Raceland Defense played well also.
You're just playing better teams now Scotty.
Congrats to Rams.
jetpilot Wrote:You're just playing better teams now Scotty.

It's a combo, imo. Yes the competition got better, but it doesnt look like the teams are doing these remarkable things to make us make these mistakes. The thing that made me believe we could be a legit contender early on, was the little things. We didnt turn the ball over, we were effecient in the redzone, and didnt commit stupid penalties to set us back. We have to get our poise and execution back. It's one thing to get beat. It's another thing to lose all discipline and beat yourselves.
I watched most of this one tonight. Raceland seemed to not be able to get out of their own ways. Turnovers killing drives. I’m not sure if they turn them into points but they was moving the ball. Also penalties killed them as well.
Russell put together the only drive and score of the game and that was after the opening kickoff was recovered by Raceland. Raceland got a gift on the fumble at the 1 to get the go ahead score. But Raceland won the battle at the LOS both ways most of the game. Russell played hard and left it on the field.
This type of weather and the rain doesn't make a good combination for the passing game. The first drive for Russell was nice and then after that wasn't much offense. I still like Soph. QB Charlie Jachimczuk at QB over Sr. QB Grant Wilburn. He normally runs and throws the ball better over Wilburn. If Russell doesn't give up those easy Turnovers that scored the 14 points Russell could had a shutout tonight.
Raceland was passing the ball much more than Russell and completing a good bit of them, the weather didn't bother Raceland that much.
Raceland needs to polish up that passing game if they are goina make a run in the playoffs.
Where’s mighty dog!!! I told you The evils wouldn’t score 14 points! It’s a good thing too because we looked like a monkey humping a football on offense
What a quagmire out there tonight! Our field is done!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What a quagmire out there tonight! Our field is done!

Good thing it only gets one more game on it this year...I guess
We play better on the road anyway
Greenup beat this same Russell team 41-21 and was up 41-14 late in the 4th. Has Russell improved that much?
It boils down to match ups, imo. Russell's defense has vastly improved, but its next to impossible to compare scores. For the second week in a row Raceland fell apart in the redzone, and committed turnovers that stopped nice drives in their tracks and yet again, left points on the field as a result. This game very well could have been similar to the Raceland/Greenup score, but we shot ourselves in the foot over and over again. Couple that with Russell playing solid enough defense to keep them in the game, and you have the outcome that you did. Greenup had a really high level of confidence and swagger early on in the year as well and Russell was still finding their footing with the younger guys. Just my thoughts.
Field will only get worse this time of year. Must of got a lot more rain in Raceland than we got on the Tennessee border
It was a steady drizzle all damn day. Never rain incredibly hard, but just all day long.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Greenup beat this same Russell team 41-21 and was up 41-14 late in the 4th. Has Russell improved that much?

Yes.
Raceland’s offense will improve when and only when they figure out how to get the ball to Dalton Adkins in space and get it to him often. It’s playoff time. Play to win means get it to your dude.
I was talking with an old coach (a very successful one and a staple of the Ram tradition) about that just last night. Dalton is all over the field on defense and he is a very good punter. But he does all the little things right. Great blocker, good route runner, good hands and makes plays after the catch. Need more of the 5-10 yard passes his way underneath and let him get some yac. We throw way too many damn screens. And we WILL NOT run off tackle. We have the backfield to be creative with them. U wanna call me a "wanna be coach" or whatever, idc. But our offense has went stagnant lately and we have went away from what was successful early in the year. More up tempo play calling and more variety. We have an amazing group of recievers and we hand cuff ourselves by only running screens and verticle routes. Idk why we dont adjust the run gsme either, when a team is cramming everything up the middle defensively, why we dont do more off tackle stuff. Maybe the call is there and the kids arent bouncing them like they should. Idk. All I know is from the outside looking in, we have a scripted game plan and we dont very from it much. I do like the Wing T set, especially in short yardage and its given us some play action looks. Just my 2 cents.
They can take the wing T and give it back to Russell.I don’t ever want to see my team in orange line up in that trash again! It’s a waste of time.You don’t run that style of offense for three or four plays in a game and get anything from it! It’s a system offense... it’s something that you have to spend lots of time on to be successful with and it’s a joke to waste time in practice on it when the Rams should be using that time to work on timing with their route running!
Pages: 1 2