Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 49 Perry Central 35
I guess I just have a hard time seeing Letcher going 3-1 and Perry going 1-3 after watching the game in person Friday night. I know this sounds like sour grapes, but I try to keep it as real as I possibly can on here (although we're all wrong sometimes.)

Perry was up 28-7 late in the third quarter in this one. After that point, they turned the ball over twice allowing Letcher two five-yard TD drives. They gifted them an extended TD drive with a stupid personal foul and they shot themselves in the foot on another drive with penalties/personal fouls that had them punting near the goal line on a fourth-and-thirty, giving Letcher the ball on Perry's side of the 50.

I get it. Perry lost and we've seen this movie before (as recent as last year). But to me, this isn't "Letcher is just a better team and Perry just has a pretty good running back." If Perry finishes the last 15 minutes like they did the rest of the game and you have a decisive victory, maybe a running clock.

All that said, I think Perry winning the district is hard to do now because their SOS probably eliminates them from any tie-breaker situation and you pretty much have to win out and every one else beat up on each other.
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess I just have a hard time seeing Letcher going 3-1 and Perry going 1-3 after watching the game in person Friday night. I know this sounds like sour grapes, but I try to keep it as real as I possibly can on here (although we're all wrong sometimes.)

Perry was up 28-7 late in the third quarter in this one. After that point, they turned the ball over twice allowing Letcher two five-yard TD drives. They gifted them an extended TD drive with a stupid personal foul and they shot themselves in the foot on another drive with penalties/personal fouls that had them punting near the goal line on a fourth-and-thirty, giving Letcher the ball on Perry's side of the 50.

I get it. Perry lost and we've seen this movie before (as recent as last year). But to me, this isn't "Letcher is just a better team and Perry just has a pretty good running back." If Perry finishes the last 15 minutes like they did the rest of the game and you have a decisive victory, maybe a running clock.

All that said, I think Perry winning the district is hard to do now because their SOS probably eliminates them from any tie-breaker situation and you pretty much have to win out and every one else beat up on each other.

I really think any of the teams could win it.
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess I just have a hard time seeing Letcher going 3-1 and Perry going 1-3 after watching the game in person Friday night. I know this sounds like sour grapes, but I try to keep it as real as I possibly can on here (although we're all wrong sometimes.)

I was shocked we were down at the half, Cougars dominated the line of scrimmage. It was obvious in the the fourth quarter, Perry was done Cougars wore them down. The only time they scored in the second half was when they were given not one , but two very generous forward progress spots. We started out in the gun formation and Perry defended it well, but once we started running the ball it was all down hill from there. Don't remember the turn overs giving us the ball on the five yard line? I do remember when we returned a interception 40-50 yards that put us down there that close. You may not want to hear it , but Perry has a really good running back and that is about it! Cougars have turned things around and are playing some good football! I really like our chances in the district this year!
District is wide open. Why not Letcher Central? Bears are watching closely.
Colts Wrote:I was shocked we were down at the half, Cougars dominated the line of scrimmage. It was obvious in the the fourth quarter, Perry was done Cougars wore them down. The only time they scored in the second half was when they were given not one , but two very generous forward progress spots. We started out in the gun formation and Perry defended it well, but once we started running the ball it was all down hill from there. Don't remember the turn overs giving us the ball on the five yard line? I do remember when we returned a interception 40-50 yards that put us down there that close. You may not want to hear it , but Perry has a really good running back and that is about it! Cougars have turned things around and are playing some good football! I really like our chances in the district this year!

Perry had a fumble recovered at the five. That was after fumbling a kick out of bounds at the six.

Just an example of two people seeing different things. The running game was definitely there for Letcher, but I saw Perry doing fine at the line and unable to tackle anyone.
E's Army Wrote:District is wide open. Why not Letcher Central? Bears are watching closely.

Letcher and Harlan County are in the driver's seat. Whoever wins that game has a leg up.
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't think so. He took a shot to the head late and I'm guessing he has a concussion. May have injured the arm too, but I didn't see it.

a concussion he can be back by next week, if it not that bad. either way, I hope he is ok.
Colts Wrote:I was shocked we were down at the half, Cougars dominated the line of scrimmage. It was obvious in the the fourth quarter, Perry was done Cougars wore them down. The only time they scored in the second half was when they were given not one , but two very generous forward progress spots. We started out in the gun formation and Perry defended it well, but once we started running the ball it was all down hill from there. Don't remember the turn overs giving us the ball on the five yard line? I do remember when we returned a interception 40-50 yards that put us down there that close. You may not want to hear it , but Perry has a really good running back and that is about it! Cougars have turned things around and are playing some good football! I really like our chances in the district this year!
possibly winless without the running back.