Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Football
bucslover68 Wrote:Your words. Saying someone is not that great a guy is questioning their character. You said it. Own it. Belfry fans are who they are...the good, the bad, and the ugly. Like the SEC motto says, it just means more at Belfry... I don't get on here and mouth how great we are, but I will defend our coach when people like you say that one of the finest Christian men walking is not that great of a guy.

I fully own my words, I never said that "Haywood isn't that great of a guy" my words were " I KINDA DOUBT that Haywood is a great guy". I also stated in a later post that this post was satirical in nature. (Look up satirical if you don't know what it means).
So, any actual spring football activity to discuss?
Does baseball season interfere with spring practice at your school?
Were new coaches available for spring practices at various places?
Has you heard of much weight room activity since the end of last season?
Hurricane Storm Wrote:So, any actual spring football activity to discuss?
Does baseball season interfere with spring practice at your school?
Were new coaches available for spring practices at various places?
Has you heard of much weight room activity since the end of last season?

I know here at Betsy Layne weight lifting has been going very good since the end of last season with around 20 players consistently showing up. Now that may not seem like a lot, but 20 at Betsy Layne is really good numbers with a lot of players playing basketball and baseball as well.

We did however lose our defensive coach that was in his first year last season as a defensive coach so we will have to fill a void in that regard.
From what I'm hearing, the hounds have looked pretty good in their first couple days of spring ball. A lot of kids from the junior (technically sophomore) class have stepped into the roles left by last years senior class. Still a lot of holes to fill, especially on defense and offensive line. But from what I'm hearing, some kids have stepped up nicely. Good to know considering Estep and gosselin are playing baseball and Taylor is still rehabbing his knee.
Well let's try this again Belfry had a great spring practice we had a lot of young guys step up and very hungry to prove what they can do the guys on the line are working hard and looking good a lot of our skilled guys are playing baseball but they are still working out this should be another really fun year
Off Topic and doesn't concern next year, but did Austin Dotson sustain an injury due to baseball?
Thrillex Wrote:Off Topic and doesn't concern next year, but did Austin Dotson sustain an injury due to baseball?

Yes but he's ok he said he's going to come back and he's just going to pitch everything's good for him with football