Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For The Hazard Fans
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Hahahahaha....thats funny. Bluegrass...have you ever been in Memorial Gym??? Have you seen the countless state and regional titles held by Hazard??? Hmm...I sincerely believe that we have beat A LOT better teams than JBS. Man, actually it was just sweet to shut you all up. I dont think it was that big of a win when weve been to the all a state championship like 5 years running and won it 3 years ago. Wow, that is a hilarious post bluegrass.
And Hazard you guys have a lot of banners and be proud of them. JBS has been a school for 22 years and what have they won in 22 years. One WYMT tourny and one District Championship. Knott Co. in the last 22 years has won 3 or 4 regional titles and uncountable district titles. My point we have played and lived the dream as schools to hang those banners. We have beat Hazard and Hazard has beat us. But, we always shake hands and say good job get you the next time. It takes years to be like Hazard, Perry Central, Breathitt, Knott, Leslie, Buckhorn, and all the others that have won the 14th regional championship. You guys have one good season and you think everybody else should respect you. It's not going to happen. Beating JBS is not and never will be the biggest win for any school that has made it to the sweet 16. It's not a dream for us anymore but it will always be a dream for JBS. Congrats to you Hazard and good luck and make the 14th region proud. You guys play with pride and RESPECT. You have earned it.
Benchwarmer Wrote:And Hazard you guys have a lot of banners and be proud of them. JBS has been a school for 22 years and what have they won in 22 years. One WYMT tourny and one District Championship. Knott Co. in the last 22 years has won 3 or 4 regional titles and uncountable district titles. My point we have played and lived the dream as schools to hang those banners. We have beat Hazard and Hazard has beat us. But, we always shake hands and say good job get you the next time. It takes years to be like Hazard, Perry Central, Breathitt, Knott, Leslie, Buckhorn, and all the others that have won the 14th regional championship. You guys have one good season and you think everybody else should respect you. It's not going to happen. Beating JBS is not and never will be the biggest win for any school that has made it to the sweet 16. It's not a dream for us anymore but it will always be a dream for JBS. Congrats to you Hazard and good luck and make the 14th region proud. You guys play with pride and RESPECT. You have earned it.

GREAT POST!!!!
bluegrass Wrote:i am not making excuses. jbs played horrible. i guess it was that brutal defense of hazard that caused jbs to miss those wide open shots, to fumble those passes, and so on. they played bad, so what, how is that an excuse. hazard played good team ball, they deserved to win last night. i was just foolin around earlier when i stated that hazard only could beat jbs if jbs played horrible. i honestly do think that jbs could have a better team, but they need to make some changes. anyways, sorry about the post earlier, just messin around. congrats hazard on the win. i bet it is probably the biggest win in school history.

I'm sure that any one of our 3 state championship titles, 30 regional titles or numerous district titles would be considered bigger wins than beating JBS.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I'm sure that any one of our 3 state championship titles, 30 regional titles or numerous district titles would be considered bigger wins than beating JBS.
can't you all take a freakin joke. do you all seriously think that i was being serious about that being hazard's biggest win. well, i was not being serious. and as far as all those banners, who cares, that is in the past. this is a new season. why does everybody want to get so pissed off anyways, it is just highschool basketball. :moon:
bluegrass Wrote:can't you all take a freakin joke. do you all seriously think that i was being serious about that being hazard's biggest win. well, i was not being serious. and as far as all those banners, who cares, that is in the past. this is a new season. why does everybody want to get so pissed off anyways, it is just highschool basketball. :moon:

haha...good joke man....:Thumbs:
bluegrass Wrote:can't you all take a freakin joke. do you all seriously think that i was being serious about that being hazard's biggest win. well, i was not being serious. and as far as all those banners, who cares, that is in the past. this is a new season. why does everybody want to get so pissed off anyways, it is just highschool basketball. :moon:

if its just high school basket ball to u, i think u need to check with yourself why thousands of people come on here. We come on here to show our support for our school and show that we have pride for it. If it was just a game we wouldnt care, but its not jsut a game, when people's schools are attacked verbaly, the true fans are the first ones to defend it, thas why we get on here, to congratulate the succes of a school and to give our opinions on it, we come on here because its something very important to us that nobody and i mean nobody tries to tamper with our school's pride.
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:if its just high school basket ball to u, i think u need to check with yourself why thousands of people come on here. We come on here to show our support for our school and show that we have pride for it. If it was just a game we wouldnt care, but its not jsut a game, when people's schools are attacked verbaly, the true fans are the first ones to defend it, thas why we get on here, to congratulate the succes of a school and to give our opinions on it, we come on here because its something very important to us that nobody and i mean nobody tries to tamper with our school's pride.

Yea...definitely
Someone is eatin' crow now...congrats to the Bulldogs.

You call it past, we call it TRADITION. Hazard High School has a very long history of pride and tradition. We won our first boys state championship in 1932...that's more than 70 years of basketball tradition and it still continues with both our boys and girls teams going to the All A state this year. We are very proud of our school and all it's accomplishments. There's probably no small high school in the state that has accomplished what Hazard High has over the years. We have won many awards in sports, cheerleading, band, academics.
Every one of those banners, from the first one in 1930, are very special to us. That's something that no one can ever take away from us...just like our pride in our school.

MAY THE BULLDOG PRIDE LIVE FOREVER!!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:You call it past, we call it TRADITION. Hazard High School has a very long history of pride and tradition. We won our first boys state championship in 1932...that's more than 70 years of basketball tradition and it still continues with both our boys and girls teams going to the All A state this year. We are very proud of our school and all it's accomplishments. There's probably no small high school in the state that has accomplished what Hazard High has over the years. We have won many awards in sports, cheerleading, band, academics.
Every one of those banners, from the first one in 1930, are very special to us. That's something that no one can ever take away from us...just like our pride in our school.

and just saying one of those 14th region banners were from last year that wasn't so far in the past if you ask me.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:You call it past, we call it TRADITION. Hazard High School has a very long history of pride and tradition. We won our first boys state championship in 1932...that's more than 70 years of basketball tradition and it still continues with both our boys and girls teams going to the All A state this year. We are very proud of our school and all it's accomplishments. There's probably no small high school in the state that has accomplished what Hazard High has over the years. We have won many awards in sports, cheerleading, band, academics.

Sorry to disagree with you but I have seen some banners from the 20's, I think.
Good luck in the All -A. Shawn Thacker is a good coach, but he has his hands full with our dawgs! Go blue and gold. Hicks, Campbell, Williams and Co. will be more htan he can handle..............
Benchwarmer Wrote:Sorry to disagree with you but I have seen some banners from the 20's, I think.

Yes, but some of the older banners are from HBI (Hazard Baptist Institute) whose students joined with HHS after their school closed down. I do know for a fact that HHS's banners go back to at least 1930 because that's the year we won our first state title. And now a bit of Bulldog trivia...Hazard's girls won the state title in 1930, the boys won the state title in 1932. Both teams were under the leadership of legendary coach Pat Payne. Payne is the only coach in KY to have won both a girl's and boy's state championship. Helen Campbell, who was a member of that 1930 state winning team, recently celebrated her 93rd birthday.