Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per WYMT: Rhodes will not coach at Cordia next season
UK#24 Wrote:coaching is a dirty business. remember Hazard pushed Spurlock out the door after winning All A state title and winning the region. and look what Clay County is doing to their coach right now. people don't need to think that this is just happening to Coach Rhodes because it happens all the time.

You got that right.
I wonder how that hunger strike is going
All I say is and i don't care either way. But if they go private they will have to hire new teachers buy there own buses keep up and maintain them find a way to pay teachers salaries repair their gym and charge each kid tuition and there not many can afford that with the economy in the shape it in. Thats just a few things that would mean each basketball player would have to pay tution and do you see that happening? not saying they cant or will not but what do you think
If he will start one of them fund me pages. I'll put a check in the mail on the first.
Job is posted:

Cordia— Job Title: Head Boys Basketball Coach

Cordia High School will be taking applications for the position of Head Boys Basketball Coach. Interested applicants should contact Principal Jonathan Mullins.
Contact: Jonathan Mullins, [email]jonathan.mullins@knott.kyschools.us[/email]; or call 606-785-4457
Ref.#: 7683
Submitted: 2016-05-12 15:37:22
Who all is in the wymt
You people make me sick! It would be the exact opposite if Coach Rhodes were coaching at your school these past couple years! Of course you are gonna reply with no it wouldn't, but yes you would lol. The man has been through a lot and I just don't get how you people can even act the way you do just because the recruits! Cordia wouldn't even have a basketball team if it wasn't for all the recuits.. Maybe 2 or 3 boys would even like or wanted to play, you guys just automatically assume that the recruits knocked every chance the local boys had of playing! They still could have played, it's not Rhodes fault. Show up to practice and put out an effort and you will get playing time! I PROMISE!! The Recruits are actually really good kids also, most people assume they are thugs but they aren't! From what I know the recruits are coming back including Trace Young from Huntington Prep and I hope they Demolish the whole 14 Region. Perry Central will be tough! It's exactly why Rhodes was fired, but COACH RHODES IS NOT LEAVING! Just wanted to clear some things up! Good luck to all teams, should be a great year for Basketball. From what I know my top 5 would be....
1. Cordia
2. Perry County Central
3. Knott County Central
4. Letcher County Central
5. Hazard
C14B Wrote:You people make me sick! It would be the exact opposite if Coach Rhodes were coaching at your school these past couple years! Of course you are gonna reply with no it wouldn't, but yes you would lol. The man has been through a lot and I just don't get how you people can even act the way you do just because the recruits! Cordia wouldn't even have a basketball team if it wasn't for all the recuits.. Maybe 2 or 3 boys would even like or wanted to play, you guys just automatically assume that the recruits knocked every chance the local boys had of playing! They still could have played, it's not Rhodes fault. Show up to practice and put out an effort and you will get playing time! I PROMISE!! The Recruits are actually really good kids also, most people assume they are thugs but they aren't! From what I know the recruits are coming back including Trace Young from Huntington Prep and I hope they Demolish the whole 14 Region. Perry Central will be tough! It's exactly why Rhodes was fired, but COACH RHODES IS NOT LEAVING! Just wanted to clear some things up! Good luck to all teams, should be a great year for Basketball. From what I know my top 5 would be....
1. Cordia
2. Perry County Central
3. Knott County Central
5. Hazard

Maybe he needs a business card .....
You say cordia wouldn't have a ball team if wasn't for recruits or Rhodes understand that cordia could have Austin combs which got offered full ride other day to UPIKE an still has his senior year left reason he left is because getting treated different around ball court
Football1245 Wrote:You say cordia wouldn't have a ball team if wasn't for recruits or Rhodes understand that cordia could have Austin combs which got offered full ride other day to UPIKE an still has his senior year left reason he left is because getting treated different around ball court

So sad. So he didn't get treated like mommy and daddy wanted. Give me a break. You don't get everything handed to you on a silver spoon in life.
Can't remember Cordia having any trouble putting a team on the floor before Rhodes.
You say you don't get everything given to you on silver spoons well the recruits sure getting it handed to them on silver spoon even grades that alright state will be in that school this year that won't happen no more
C14B Wrote:You people make me sick! It would be the exact opposite if Coach Rhodes were coaching at your school these past couple years! Of course you are gonna reply with no it wouldn't, but yes you would lol. The man has been through a lot and I just don't get how you people can even act the way you do just because the recruits! Cordia wouldn't even have a basketball team if it wasn't for all the recuits.. Maybe 2 or 3 boys would even like or wanted to play, you guys just automatically assume that the recruits knocked every chance the local boys had of playing! They still could have played, it's not Rhodes fault. Show up to practice and put out an effort and you will get playing time! I PROMISE!! The Recruits are actually really good kids also, most people assume they are thugs but they aren't! From what I know the recruits are coming back including Trace Young from Huntington Prep and I hope they Demolish the whole 14 Region. Perry Central will be tough! It's exactly why Rhodes was fired, but COACH RHODES IS NOT LEAVING! Just wanted to clear some things up! Good luck to all teams, should be a great year for Basketball. From what I know my top 5 would be....
1. Cordia
2. Perry County Central
3. Knott County Central
5. Hazard

So, you called the players recruits five times. You know that is illegal?
I heard he's going to be an Asst. at Powell Co.
Cordia should be competitive, but they weren't as good as Perry last year and I doubt they will be better this year.
It sounds like Nelson has left for a prep school, so they just have one guy back who averaged over 10 points a game.
My guess is Perry and Knott will be 1 and 2, from what I saw in the summer.
Nelson is gone and trace young is gone for sure.
Were young go? and Nelson?
mcn Wrote:I believe most, if not all, coaching positions are considered extra-curricular and come up for renewal at the end of each year. Since it is extra-curricular, no reasons are needed for non-renewal of the coaching contract. I don't believe there is any "tenure" in coaching positions.
You are correct, there is no "tenure" in coaching positions but there is a May 15 deadline to notify coaches if they're going to be non-renewed, if they are terminated after that date and it is not something like insubordination or criminal then they still have to be paid their coaching salary for the year is all that happens.
I heard that they would no longer let Lotts Creeker Keith Combs help with the program any at all anymore. Any reasons to why Keiths not allowed to help any more? Hes helped over at Cordia for years and went there.
My guess is because Keith is on the school's site based council now
Why would that keep a person from coaching Salty Dog?
Idk the rules and regs for being on site base, my guess was purely speculation and that is all.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I heard that they would no longer let Lotts Creeker Keith Combs help with the program any at all anymore. Any reasons to why Keiths not allowed to help any more? Hes helped over at Cordia for years and went there.

Sounds like king and mullins trying to manipulate everything that happens on Lotts Creek. They are just begging for law suits.
Rumor is that Rhodes will be helping Holland at Hazard. His child is currently enrolled at Hazard.
Easy Wind Wrote:Rumor is that Rhodes will be helping Holland at Hazard. His child is currently enrolled at Hazard.

This is false his child is enrolled at hazard only because of he can't stand the principal and some of the teachers and they can't stand him. He is still employed and employed well I might add through the lotts creek community school he actually got a raise to compensate for the 4800 he lost for the coaching salary. He is staying put at least a couple of more years may be longer depending on the circumstances.