Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken Co 37 Mayfield 31
mysonis55 Wrote:They have a roster of 120 or so kids if you count the freshmen. Honestly we should be proud to play them so close all three times.

if a bullfrog had wings...You are making excuses.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Wow all this is uncalled for. What a sore loser. You just make the whole fanbase look like shit. Im well aware he is an SEC recruit. Just saying when a number of players have him in there grasp, and don't get him down give credit to Hughes, and to McCracken County.

sore winner too.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ive been asked to not be a Mayfield fan anymore, so I thought id troll the Belfry, and Corbin threads. If you are going to be unwanted, and hated I figure might as well go all out, and be the best at it. You need to worry about Boyle County, and not my trolling.

:biglmao:
trust me when I say this guy has no credit when it comes to Mayfield Football. Any true card fan knows we don't make excuses when we lose. We got beat in the trenches all game (badly). QB had no time to throw and we got no pressure on their QB.
McCracken seems like a huge program here to stay. What's enrollment at McCracken and Mayfield? Mayfield has to be the most consistent program in KY! Always top notch!
Bigcat Wrote:McCracken seems like a huge program here to stay. What's enrollment at McCracken and Mayfield? Mayfield has to be the most consistent program in KY! Always top notch!

Don't have exact numbers in front of me, but I seen the male enrollment numbers a few months ago when they come out for the new alignment. Mayfield is around 225 boys. McCracken is around 975 boys.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Well out west when a game goes into OT. It means the score was tied at the end of regulation. Which means any 1 of the 3 missed FG's in regulation would have tallied an extra 3 points, which means in western terms no overtime necessary.Confusednicker:

I was not aware it was an overtime loss. :Thumbs:
I-Right-24power Wrote:trust me when I say this guy has no credit when it comes to Mayfield Football. Any true card fan knows we don't make excuses when we lose. We got beat in the trenches all game (badly). QB had no time to throw and we got no pressure on their QB.

Agree with you. Qb didnt get much time, and the short passes did not work as McCracken was tipping them like a stripper. Mayfield secondary was giving to much cushion especially to number 5. Mccrackens line, and also there height seem to really be the difference.
And left unanswered for another week: was Tilghman a bad team that played well against McCracken, or a good team that played poorly against Mayfield?
Looking at the stats, looks like Mayfield got manhandled. I thought their defense would have been better.
I just learned yesterday that they half back pass play that scored McCracken's first touchdown of about 70 yards, came with just 10 players on the field for the Cardinals. I noticed one of our db's getting corrected on the sidelines rather loudly after that play. I did not know what the problem was. It turns out he didn't even take the field for the play and it was his man that scored. We can't have those kind of mental lapses on defense. We will be fine with our defense, I think this will fuel them going forward. If you don't believe me, just watch.
mysonis55 Wrote:I just learned yesterday that they half back pass play that scored McCracken's first touchdown of about 70 yards, came with just 10 players on the field for the Cardinals. I noticed one of our db's getting corrected on the sidelines rather loudly after that play. I did not know what the problem was. It turns out he didn't even take the field for the play and it was his man that scored. We can't have those kind of mental lapses on defense. We will be fine with our defense, I think this will fuel them going forward. If you don't believe me, just watch.

1 problem I noticed was there seemed to be a lot of confusion at times about who was supposed to go on the field. Usually a lot more players plays both ways, but this year they rotate a lot of players in and out. Seems like they haven't got it all down yet on who is supposed to be on the field at times. I don't doubt at all that 10 was on the field them. There was a time or 2 I noticed only 10 on the field, and even heard someone in the stands yelling that there was only 10 on the field. Im sure this will be corrected.
Basically last year we played a 4-3. This year we are in a 3-4. There are times when we go to a heavier package for short runs. They will either bring Workman out and put in a bigger Murphy at LB. Then there are packages where the bring out 2 lb's and put in a 5 man front on the line. Then you add in the long yardage situations where the throw a nickel d out there. That's the situations you are seeing. We have a much more complex defense this year.