Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville's Bench (or lack there of)
The Family Man 69 Wrote:[QUOTE=Panther#42]

So panther 42 im sure ur not there every day to see the Jv give the varsity all they can handle. Sometimes its embarrassing to see the varisty getting outscored by alot. And i believe coach knows that some of the younger players are better, but he wants them to stay together so that they can be good in the future.......NUFF SAID

yea thats what ive heard from all the jv is that they beat the varsity everyday in practice
Panther Thunder Wrote:[QUOTE=The Family Man 69]

yea thats what ive heard from all the jv is that they beat the varsity everyday in practice

I too have heard this... But, Coach Willams is a smart man and know's what he's doing, so imo, if this was entirley true, Coach Willams would dress and play some of the JV players. He may do this later on in the season, and if he does, I expect the JV players to do what is said they are capable of
Just wondering, are you at practice everyday? Your kid is probably one of those that you think should be moved up, right? My advice is to let the coaches do the coaching and everyone else just enjoy the games. Coach Williams knows what he is doing. He proved that last year bring the program to a different level than before. I am sure if they can contribute....Coach Williams will make whatever adjustments he needs to. Give him time.
Panther#42 Wrote:[QUOTE=Panther Thunder]

I too have heard this... But, Coach Willams is a smart man and know's what he's doing, so imo, if this was entirley true, Coach Willams would dress and play some of the JV players. He may do this later on in the season, and if he does, I expect the JV players to do what is said they are capable of

yea im an idiot for starting this thread lol he knows what hes doing
SSDD Wrote:Just wondering, are you at practice everyday? Your kid is probably one of those that you think should be moved up, right? My advice is to let the coaches do the coaching and everyone else just enjoy the games. Coach Williams knows what he is doing. He proved that last year bring the program to a different level than before. I am sure if they can contribute....Coach Williams will make whatever adjustments he needs to. Give him time.

o yea my kid thats older than me rite??
SSDD Wrote:Just wondering, are you at practice everyday? Your kid is probably one of those that you think should be moved up, right? My advice is to let the coaches do the coaching and everyone else just enjoy the games. Coach Williams knows what he is doing. He proved that last year bring the program to a different level than before. I am sure if they can contribute....Coach Williams will make whatever adjustments he needs to. Give him time.

No actually, i am at practice every day because i am in the weight room watching the guys practice and i believe i know what i am talkin about...soo unless u have ur facts straight dont open ur mounth...ps im 18 and i have no kids on the team but good guess
The Family Man 69 Wrote:No actually i am at practice every day because i am in the weight room watching the guys practice and i believe i know what i am talkin about...soo unless u have ur facts straight dont open ur mounth...ps im 18 and i have no kids on the team but good guess

i never said u had a kid...and im sorry lol calm down
Panther Thunder Wrote:i never said u had a kid...and im sorry lol calm down
I was talkin to SSDD Pthunder
The Family Man 69 Wrote:I was talkin to SSDD Pthunder

oooo my bad..
My goodness!! I am truly sorry for questioning your comment. It's just that if the JV is that good I don't understand why Coach Williams wouldn't play them instead of his Varsity. He wants to win I'm sure.
SSDD Wrote:My goodness!! I am truly sorry for questioning your comment. It's just that if the JV is that good I don't understand why Coach Williams wouldn't play them instead of his Varsity. He wants to win I'm sure.

He does not want to make any one mad. And he wants the jv group to play together more even tho they have been together since like the 5th grade
Sounds like he has a strategy, so what's the problem?
I haven't seen the Pikeville JV play this year but if they are as good as you guys say then after tonight the region rankings look like this:
1)Paintsville
2)Pikeville
3)Pikeville JV

Come on guys get real....Pikeville's guards are very solid and there is no way that the freshmen could do what they did tonight!
bball fan Wrote:I haven't seen the Pikeville JV play this year but if they are as good as you guys say then after tonight the region rankings look like this:
1)Paintsville
2)Pikeville
3)Pikeville JV

Come on guys get real....Pikeville's guards are very solid and there is no way that the freshmen could do what they did tonight!

sorry for making a comment i was asking for opinions ....but obviously im retarded or sumtin
SSDD Wrote:Sounds like he has a strategy, so what's the problem?

Yes, please enlighten us on it
Im sure when Coach Willams think's it's appropriate, he'll move some of the JV players up to Varsity... I would think he'll dress a few Freshman and JV player's when Pikeville play's an easy game to see what they can do at the varsity level against another varisty squad
One thing about it, I bet Coach Williams is at home right now, after reading this thread, (if he even gets on here), to get advice on who to bring up to the varsity level. I am sure he needs everyone input on how to run his program.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
they might as well close this cus its going no where....it started out for opinions if they should dress more players...not that anyone was telling someone how to run a program..
Your wish is granted.