Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville's Bench (or lack there of)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coach Williams only dressed nine for the season opener. I talked with some of the freshman and all of them are upset that none of the freshman are dressing. Do you think Williams will end up dressing more than nine by season's end??
Panther Thunder Wrote:Coach Williams only dressed nine for the season opener. I talked with some of the freshman and all of them are upset that none of the freshman are dressing. Do you think Williams will end up dressing more than nine by season's end??

When they blow a winnable game because they are tired he will.
I dont think the freshmen will be dressing varsity. I can see it where the three that are sophmores on the JV team might get moved up before the years end though.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont think the freshmen will be dressing varsity. I can see it where the three that are sophmores on the JV team might get moved up before the years end though.

Possibly, I can see Houston out of the fresman class moving up to varsity for a few games.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont think the freshmen will be dressing varsity. I can see it where the three that are sophmores on the JV team might get moved up before the years end though.

i understand what you mean but do u think it would be a problem to dress the freshman? They would get more expierence and be used to the enviroments that they will eventually be playing in.
well i think bart is a good coach and im sure that this is best for his team or he wouldnt b doing it.
Bart knows what he is doing just give him time and you will see a larger bench...
There were a few varsity kids quit in the past couple of weeks. That is a reason why the bench so depleted. But I'm sure the bench will get some more beef.
Why dress the freshman when there are 20+ freshman games scheduled and 14-16 JV games??? That is a 35 game schedule.
Would any of the freshman start or contibute alot??? No.
I think it is a good move by Williams to let the freshmen play their schedule and gain experience.

From what I understand, the freshman basketball class is pretty talented as a group.
Old Timer Wrote:Why dress the freshman when there are 20+ freshman games scheduled and 14-16 JV games??? That is a 35 game schedule.
Would any of the freshman start or contibute alot??? No.
I think it is a good move by Williams to let the freshmen play their schedule and gain experience.

From what I understand, the freshman basketball class is pretty talented as a group.

Like someone stated earlier Houston would contirbute alot...they have some good guard play but he could add a few points...dish the ball of very nicely...and he would play some scrappy D...imo he is a natural to play for Bart at the next level later on in the season after Christmas i look to see him make his first apperance about Feb against Pike Central
I would say if they have that many games, let them get as much time together and playing together, then they should be pretty good if Williams decides to move them all up at the same time in a year or 2.
who are the three sophomores that do not dress v?
My question is, how many high school teams really play more than 9 players in close games? Most teams play 7 or 8, some will play 9 or at the most 10... What is the big deal about only having 9?
Seems like an extremely small team, but if the freshmen are loaded up with games it seems like they are getting valuable experience right now as well.

I would think that Coach Williams would call up some players later in the season though. Because 9 players isn't enough. Especially come March. If 2 guys foul out then things get pretty thin from there.
meganwillis10 Wrote:who are the three sophomores that do not dress v?
I know one is probably Jay Martin. The other two I'm not real sure about.
Seems like a small team but hopefully their freshman will have some game in them 4 pikeville
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Like someone stated earlier Houston would contirbute alot...they have some good guard play but he could add a few points...dish the ball of very nicely...and he would play some scrappy D...imo he is a natural to play for Bart at the next level later on in the season after Christmas i look to see him make his first apperance about Feb against Pike Central
Whose minutes would McAnallen take???
Sword?
Clevinger?
Harmon?
Bell?
Honaker?
Pikeville is pretty guard heavy.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I know one is probably Jay Martin. The other two I'm not real sure about.

Jay Martin
Don Combs
It doesnt matter how many they have on there bench, they will still finish 3rd in the district and no trip to the expo center this year. It is a good thing they got to play one game there this season though.
I liked the intensity I saw from the panthers in the expo classic!!
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:It doesnt matter how many they have on there bench, they will still finish 3rd in the district and no trip to the expo center this year. It is a good thing they got to play one game there this season though.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting that SV is so good that they will win state this year. You little kids from Valley need to gain some intelligence before you post ignorant comments.
This thread needs to stay on topic or it will be closed!
fox sports Wrote:Whose minutes would McAnallen take???
Sword?
Clevinger?
Harmon?
Bell?
Honaker?
Pikeville is pretty guard heavy.

Mcanallen is better then bell.........and nobody said he would play alot..have you seen him play???...he does stuff that cant be taught and i think if he played with more experience players then he would be alot better off!
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:It doesnt matter how many they have on there bench, they will still finish 3rd in the district and no trip to the expo center this year. It is a good thing they got to play one game there this season though.

Hmm I don't know what world your living in, but Pikeville won't finish any lower than 2nd in the district
Valley may be good, but they won't win the Region this year, and it wouldn't suprise me if they didn't win the district ethier.
The Family Man 69 Wrote:Mcanallen is better then bell.........and nobody said he would play alot..have you seen him play???...he does stuff that cant be taught and i think if he played with more experience players then he would be alot better off!

I have watched McAnallen play all his llife. He could step in to give some one a breather...that's about it. He is a good player but a major contributer.....No. I have never seen the stuff that can't be taught. Maybe I just missed it.
[QUOTE=The Family Man 69]Mcanallen is better then bell.........QUOTE]

Ahhh im not so sure about that...Bell is a great ball player, im sure if coach willams felt that Macnallen was better he would be playing him instead of Bell, or at least dressing Macnallen for varsity games
Pikeville dressed 10 tonight and Paintsville dressed 10 tonight, so I consider this topic a non-issue when talking about Pikeville basketball. Two very good coaches that know what they're doing when it comes to developing talent!! If you are looking to bash anything about Pikeville Basketball right now, good luck finding it..Enough said!
bball fan Wrote:Pikeville dressed 10 tonight and Paintsville dressed 10 tonight, so I consider this topic a non-issue when talking about Pikeville basketball. Two very good coaches that know what they're doing when it comes to developing talent!! If you are looking to bash anything about Pikeville Basketball right now, good luck finding it..Enough said!

Well said! :thumpsup:
You are exactly right! Amen!
Panther#42 Wrote:[QUOTE=The Family Man 69]Mcanallen is better then bell.........QUOTE]

Ahhh im not so sure about that...Bell is a great ball player, im sure if coach willams felt that Macnallen was better he would be playing him instead of Bell, or at least dressing Macnallen for varsity games

So panther 42 im sure ur not there every day to see the Jv give the varsity all they can handle. Sometimes its embarrassing to see the varisty getting outscored by alot. And i believe coach knows that some of the younger players are better, but he wants them to stay together so that they can be good in the future.......NUFF SAID
Pages: 1 2