Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Co. best all around sports program in state?
Hatz Wrote:Top 20? Sure. Easy to see. But the thread said the best in the state. So the answer isn't "Yes." It is "No."
:truestory:
Also have a couple of track state championships. 100M and 200M. Don't know if its the best but top 20 anyways.
Hatz Wrote:Top 20? Sure. Easy to see. But the thread said the best in the state. So the answer isn't "Yes." It is "No."
That's what I thought myself. The topic was " JC the best all around sports program in the state. " Perhaps in the top 10 for sure.
1. Trinity
2. St. X
3. Highlands

Sacred Heart (all female school)
Notre Dame
Assumption(know for Volleyball they won 6 or 7 state title in the last 10 years)
Mayfield
Beechwood
there is a lot of school people can add on here but these is the ones I can think of at this time.

just say that JC is any were close to these school is a joke
For the record..... I contacted two moderators in an attempt to have this thread deleted.

Since no BGR rules have been violated, there are no grounds for deletion.

Please don't take this thread seriously. What started out with good intentions has put JC's athletic program on the corner Front Street and Blast Avenue. And anybody who has followed BGR for any length of time knows I'm the biggest JC homer on this site. But our student athletes work way to hard all year in all of the sports JC offers to have all of our haters get on a a thread like this to make them feel like all their hard work is for not. JC is a public school in Eastern Kentucky..... and I would have to argue we are in one of the worst economically depressed regions in the nation.

Yes, JC have never won a team state championship. But that doesn't mean that we never will. Looking at our entire athletic program, we are light years better now that what we were ten years ago. In the next five years, JC will win a state football and team wrestling championship.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Hey Pulp, I don't think anyone on here, including me is not bashing JC athletic program. Majority of us knows that JC has been successful in numerous athletic fields. I think in my opinion why this thread is being criticized is possibly the way you titled it. " JC best all around sports program in the state ". And I'm sure that didn't sit well with other programs... Perhaps it should have been titled " With the success of JC athletics lately, Could they be consider in the top 10 in the state. " And my answer to that is most definitely YES.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey Pulp, I don't think anyone on here, including me is not bashing JC athletic program. Majority of us knows that JC has been successful in numerous athletic fields. I think in my opinion why this thread is being criticized is possibly the way you titled it. " JC best all around sports program in the state ". And I'm sure that didn't sit well with other programs... Perhaps it should have been titled " With the success of JC athletics lately, Could they be consider in the top 10 in the state. " And my answer to that is most definitely YES.

Fair point in the bolded.... and I tend to agree. But I didn't start this thread, so the thread title is not on me.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Fair point in the bolded.... and I tend to agree. But I didn't start this thread, so the thread title is not on me.

True that, I apologized by stating it was you.
Biggest school in the 15th region should compete for region titles in all sports. But not even close to around the state.
the best overall the program is the Pulaski County Maroons, we had a dominate basketball team up until this year that coupled with our state championship football team puts us in the conversation.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:the best overall the program is the Pulaski County Maroons, we had a dominate basketball team up until this year that coupled with our state championship football team puts us in the conversation.

:lame:
Certainly one of the best in the state over the short haul. Only time will tell us the answer to this question though
Owensboro High School Red Devils won the boys state basketball tournament and was Runner-up in 4A football. Fear the Fork!