Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Co. best all around sports program in state?
They would have to be in top 2 or 3. Consistantly good in all sports. Great coaches and great fan support.
Would have to say Trinity by a large margin.. elite level in many sports
boyle co is similar in the 12th
Knott Central won 4 14th Region titles this year, basketball, baseball, Girls' track, and tennis. Girls basketball was runner up in 14th. Crosscountry also sent several runners to state meet.
absolutely not.
Got to produce district, regional and perhaps state champions on a consistent years to be in that category. Trinity by a large margin. Other programs are worthy of mentioning, but not in the same level.
My response to this is way too long and in-depth for me to type.

The answer is YES! JC's entire athletic program has to be in the Top 20 in the state.

But, it's not historically good. Our baseball team's run in 2004 to the State Final Four was the turning point. So the last eleven years, our athletic program has seen success they have never had before.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
This post is a joke I hope??? lol okay JC is in 15th region basketball and baseball. JC is a BIG 4a school almost 5a. No other 4a schools in 15th region. JC should win region. They've raised property taxes to pay for books but over the past 4-5yrs the school built a turf football field with new bleachers, new baseball field and renovated their basketball ball gym. Sayings 3 to 4 million spent there
Went to several different HS games. No where near the crowd back in the 80s 90s
Middle school football has won some state titles but less not forget not all schools play for state in middle school football.
A lot of good athletes probably still walk the halls and don't play. As they did back in 80s 90s.
In their grade school sports you had a couple schools with a lot more kids attending their usually the team finishing in the top 2.

They have the next 4yrs to win 4a football due to other schools playing up in class and a couple dropping in class I'd like to see them bring a state championship home.
FBfan4life Wrote:Got to produce district, regional and perhaps state champions on a consistent years to be in that category. Trinity by a large margin. Other programs are worthy of mentioning, but not in the same level.

Is that another one of your "racist" comments?

You just don't know when to quit do you CornHusker!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Is that another one of your "racist" comments?

You just don't know when to quit do you CornHusker!!
:drooling:
FBfan4life Wrote:Got to produce district, regional and perhaps state champions on a consistent years to be in that category. Trinity by a large margin. Other programs are worthy of mentioning, but not in the same level.

I would think that ST. X would be right there with Trinity, maybe above them.
What are you looking at to determine best all around? Most state championships, most regional championships, trips to finals, trips to semi-finals? What would make the best over all school? Are you talking boys and girls combined or just boys?
No
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SEKYFAN Wrote:I would think that ST. X would be right there with Trinity, maybe above them.

I would think so too ,and Johnson Central wouldn't be right there.
sstack Wrote:What are you looking at to determine best all around? Most state championships, most regional championships, trips to finals, trips to semi-finals? What would make the best over all school? Are you talking boys and girls combined or just boys?

I think hes looking for "team you root for" Confusednicker:
No
Frozen Tundra Wrote:They would have to be in top 2 or 3. Consistantly good in all sports. Great coaches and great fan support.
:please:
Please tell me you are making a joke directed at JC. That comment is more than stupid!!! JC is not even the best sports program in Johnson County, they will always be Paintsville's little brother.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think hes looking for "team you root for" Confusednicker:

sounds about rightConfusednicker:
jim rome Wrote::please:
Please tell me you are making a joke directed at JC. That comment is more than stupid!!! JC is not even the best sports program in Johnson County, they will always be Paintsville's little brother.

You made sense up until the end.
killerb Wrote:Knott Central won 4 14th Region titles this year, basketball, baseball, Girls' track, and tennis. Girls basketball was runner up in 14th. Crosscountry also sent several runners to state meet.

For a small school, Raceland had an exceptional year. Regional champs in Football (2nd year in a row), Boys' Track (3rd year in a row), Boy's Track 4th place finish at state and Connor Messer winning four individual Class A state championships, Girls' Track (2nd year in a row & 2 individual state championships won & 5ht Place State finish), Girls' Cross-Country, Girls' Volleyball (2nd year in a row & District champs for the 2nd year in a row), District champs in Girls' softball & an All-A championship,& Boys' Basketball district champs & 16th Region Semi-Final appearance.
Lawrence County, regional championships, baseball, soccer, tennis. Regional runner up football, basketball. District championshipd baseball, softball, tennis, soccer, men's basketball,
JC is however very good in girls sports, that's not ment to sound like a knock of the boys programs, but those girl's team at jc are right in the thick of the region year in and year out. And are way ahead as progams than 99 percent of the girls teams in the region.
I guess you sucking up to things.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:They would have to be in top 2 or 3. Consistantly good in all sports. Great coaches and great fan support.
Not sure if this was a serious question or not? But can answer your question NO!
Eagles in the 15th where by far largest school enrollment wise do fairly well but statement
that state wide would have to question as only state champion trophy I'm aware of is Ammie Cantrell ind state golf champ in the early to mid 80 eighties.
Best overall programs currently in 15th yes with student enrollment being so much larger than rest of region but still say they have under achieved up to now.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:My response to this is way too long and in-depth for me to type.

The answer is YES! JC's entire athletic program has to be in the Top 20 in the state.

But, it's not historically good. Our baseball team's run in 2004 to the State Final Four was the turning point. So the last eleven years, our athletic program has seen success they have never had before.

And no state championships. JC is set up to look good being a huge school playing mostly Class A schools. What is their signature win?
Jarons Wrote:No

This.
doubledown Wrote:Not sure if this was a serious question or not? But can answer your question NO!
Eagles in the 15th where by far largest school enrollment wise do fairly well but statement
that state wide would have to question as only state champion trophy I'm aware of is Ammie Cantrell ind state golf champ in the early to mid 80 eighties.
Best overall programs currently in 15th yes with student enrollment being so much larger than rest of region but still say they have under achieved up to now.

We have several individual state wrestling championships as well.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I would think that ST. X would be right there with Trinity, maybe above them.

Sure, I would go with that. Your right, forgot about the Tigers:Thumbs:
Trinity and St. X are all boys schools. Therefore, in the era of Title 9, I don't think they fit the criteria for "All around."
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Trinity and St. X are all boys schools. Therefore, in the era of Title 9, I don't think they fit the criteria for "All around."

You do have a good point there.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:My response to this is way too long and in-depth for me to type.

Top 20? Sure. Easy to see. But the thread said the best in the state. So the answer isn't "Yes." It is "No."