Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleepers in the 14th
some guys from leslie co.. ryan howard and brian hubbard.. i seen them play toghter for a long time now.. when u put these to guys on a b-ball court therr unstopable..
Who was the team that no one talked about last year and shocked everybody by becoming region runner ups.... Look out for jackson city this year .. They return starters Dustin Kilburn and Michael Watkins.. and Drew Davidson and CK Howard are looking to step up as well this team is looking to build on last year and once again no is talking about them watch out for the 55th dis. Champs
The Passer Wrote:Who was the team that no one talked about last year and shocked everybody by becoming region runner ups.... Look out for jackson city this year .. They return starters Dustin Kilburn and Michael Watkins.. and Drew Davidson and CK Howard are looking to step up as well this team is looking to build on last year and once again no is talking about them watch out for the 55th dis. Champs
Jackson City will have a hard time matching last year's season. You don't lose 3 starters at a small school without it having big effect. I don't see them repeating as district champs. However, they may make it back to the region, especially if they draw Riverside (which is the same as a bye) in the first round of the district.
free throw Wrote:Any body here been to Cordia to play a game? No Parking, no seating, bad roads, bad refs. They are a good team, but don't say how much a team won by at Cordia. You are lucky to get out alive. They lost their big man but they still have Hurt and Gamble. They will be a team to reckon with.
Your right cordia they don't have much seating but bad refs cordia has never got a good called game. If they win win it's because they bet the team and the refs to. and lucky if you make it out alive i dont know where your from but they never have any trouble hardly ever no diffrent then any where else and they now have parking over at the new school. and yes they lost one big boy but they still have Josh and he can play just as big as his brother. and yes they will be a team to reckon with.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:All I can say is you must be a die-hard Cordia fan. Cordia can't come within 20 points of June Buchanan this year.
:please: who does JBS have that they didn't have last year. All you hear is Stepp this Stepp that the little cox boy is the player over there. So you must be a die-hard JBS fan. Because they never bet cordia last year by 20 points. So what makes you think any diffrent this year. They only bet cordia last year by 1 at cordia and by 6 in the region.
Well Just let me add one more thing when was the last time the favorite came out and won the 14th. Look at last year Leslie was your favorite and they didn't do much so who to say what the out come is going to be until the fat lady sings. I'm pulling for cordia but good luck to all teams.
#1 BasketBall Fan 23 Wrote:Well Just let me add one more thing when was the last time the favorite came out and won the 14th. Look at last year Leslie was your favorite and they didn't do much so who to say what the out come is going to be until the fat lady sings. I'm pulling for cordia but good luck to all teams.
Gettin to the semi finals of the regional tourny is not much? oooooook

I mean yeah I know they didnt do what people expected them to but you cant say reaching the region semis & winning 20 games isnt much!
#1 BasketBall Fan 23 Wrote::please: who does JBS have that they didn't have last year. All you hear is Stepp this Stepp that the little cox boy is the player over there. So you must be a die-hard JBS fan. Because they never bet cordia last year by 20 points. So what makes you think any diffrent this year. They only bet cordia last year by 1 at cordia and by 6 in the region.
They got the little 6'9" collins kid this year, that they didn't have last year.
You may be right but i believe the tigers will repeat as district champs or even if they draw wolfe they should make it to the region. Im excited about watching this district play out. I think jackson will surprise alot of people and make some noise just like they did last year.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Jackson City will have a hard time matching last year's season. You don't lose 3 starters at a small school without it having big effect. I don't see them repeating as district champs. However, they may make it back to the region, especially if they draw Riverside (which is the same as a bye) in the first round of the district.
You may be right but i believe the tigers will repeat as district champs or even if they draw wolfe they should make it to the region. Im excited about watching this district play out. I think jackson will surprise alot of people and make some noise just like they did last year.:thatsfunn
The Passer Wrote:You may be right but i believe the tigers will repeat as district champs or even if they draw wolfe they should make it to the region. Im excited about watching this district play out. I think jackson will surprise alot of people and make some noise just like they did last year.:thatsfunn
OK!! You've convinced me. The Jackson City Tigers will win the 14th region this year.:Cheerlead
Hands_80 Wrote:i think jenkins will be a sleeper in the 14th this upcoming year
Jenkins don't stand a chance in the 14th.
MVP2 Wrote:Josh Taylor, Cordia he put up 20 some against South Laurel during the summer
I put up about 30 against Cordia over the summer but I ain't even played a varsity game during regular season. Just cause you score doesn't mean anything. Your team winning is what matters.
3 points Wrote:They got the little 6'9" collins kid this year, that they didn't have last year.

A lil 6'8 kid that cant stop Josh Taylor lol jk....14th should be good this year any team could win it but im sayin Cordia is the biggest sleeper this yr
cordia will be a rude awaking for some teams like jbs and hazard.....cordia will be great this year
Big_John15 Wrote:cordia will be a rude awaking for some teams like jbs and hazard.....cordia will be great this year
I hope your right these boys have alot of talent if they will just come out and play like I know they can. These boys need to play with heart and not let everyone get to them. but yes I think they will do great this year. GO LIONS:Cheerlead
First of all, Hazard is #1 in the 14th not JBS. Second, JBS ain't gonna over look Cordia or anybody else. Cordia always plays tough. I just want to see them play on some one elses home court. [ Sure is hard to win on theirs.]
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:All I can say is you must be a die-hard Cordia fan. Cordia can't come within 20 points of June Buchanan this year.
Well I'll guess we will see they play first round of the 14th Region All A, and if it is at "The Lions Den" the Crusaders may go home a little early
MVP2 Wrote:Well, Powell never beat Cordia by 20 during ths summer, Cordia by them by 20pts at Perry Central then lost by 4 at Knott Central but Powell never beat them by 20 and Zach Hurt didnt play in that one.
I love it how you wanna call somebody a liar. I was an onlooker in the stands for all these games and I am pretty sure the information that you are calling a lie is correct. So until you are there to keep points and stats, don't go calling lies. Thats really mature of you!!! Confusedhh: :Clap:Rolleyes
Leslie.
Official Legend14th Wrote:Well I'll guess we will see they play first round of the 14th Region All A, and if it is at "The Lions Den" the Crusaders may go home a little early
Well it ain't at the "Lions's Den", its at June's place.
#1 BasketBall Fan 23 Wrote:Well Just let me add one more thing when was the last time the favorite came out and won the 14th. Look at last year Leslie was your favorite and they didn't do much so who to say what the out come is going to be until the fat lady sings. I'm pulling for cordia but good luck to all teams.

JBS wasnt even a top ten preseason team last year. No one thought they could do anything, but look what they did. For all we know the region champ or region contender could be a team thats not even a top ten preseason team(Such as Owsley, Riverside, Breathitt, Wolfe, Jenkins, etc.) We'll just have to wait and see. The season's starting very soon...I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn:
That is what I have been saying all along. Nobody has proved anything yet this year. Last year is in the past. You can be knock off by anyone if you over look them. All the hyp in the world won't win a game. Play smart, play hard, and never give up. Never over look Cordia! or anyone else! I can't wait for the games to begin. :popcorn: