Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 players in the 15th for 06-07.
fanmanbball Wrote:1. Landon Slone (paintsville)
2. Jamie Mccarty(central)
3. Jesse Meak(central)
4. Jaryd Crum(central)
5. Chandler Thompson(lawrence county)
6. J.D. Vanhoose(paintsville)
7. Ethan Johnson(south floyd)
8. Jamie Case(belfry)
9. Devin Rice(magoffin)
10.Shane Grimm(paintsville)

:thatsfunn Are you serious?
Redneck Wrote:That's all I've heard is how great these "Big Men" from Pburg are all of a sudden. If they are so good then why were sitting on the bench all year last season? Size means nothing against a run and gun team, JC or Paintsville may just beat everyone up the floor without setting up an offense while those "Big Men" are still on the other side of the half court line.
What about the big men from Valley who will run up and down the court with the guards. That run and gun game wont work with them.
blackcat_student Wrote:1)JD Vanhoose-Paintsville - Good Ball hanler and Shooter, IMO is the best player on Paintsville Roster !
2)Landon Slone-Paintsville - Good player but still needs to improve on his passing !
3)Devin Rice-Magoffin Co - Is a quite player but is very agressive ! Rebounding and Scoring machine !
4)Jamie McCarty Johnson Central - Needs to quit shooting so many three's ! I watched him twice last season and he shot about 20 three's in both games combined !
5)Shane Grimm- Paintsville - Nice player! Plays agressive and shoots very well !
6)Tim Honaker- Pikeville - Can play any postion on the court and plays agressive !
7)Jayrd Crum- Johnson Central - Never seen him play but I've heard his name alot !
8)Josh Martin- Allen Central - Is the best all round player on AC's roster and can score good also !
9)Jamie Case- Belfry - Can score from anywhere on the floor and plays team basketball !
10)Ethan Johnson - South Floyd - Is about like Jamie McCarty ! Shoots way too many three's ! Needs to drive more !

How many of those 3's did he make?
Redneck Wrote:That's all I've heard is how great these "Big Men" from Pburg are all of a sudden. If they are so good then why were sitting on the bench all year last season? Size means nothing against a run and gun team, JC or Paintsville may just beat everyone up the floor without setting up an offense while those "Big Men" are still on the other side of the half court line.

Dude, you must be able to get a rebound to set up the run and gun. I differ with you on the "Size means nothing against the run and gun team". Size is the very thing that can stop a run and gun team. The team that controls the boards controls the game. Prestonsburg will have a very athletic team, will take some time before the team gels, probable 4 of 5 starters play football. Oh yes, there were two reasons that the big men at Pburg did not start last year, Sean Leslie and Lewis Barnette. Pburg will be competitive come mid January.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Dude, you must be able to get a rebound to set up the run and gun. I differ with you on the "Size means nothing against the run and gun team". Size is the very thing that can stop a run and gun team. The team that controls the boards controls the game. Prestonsburg will have a very athletic team, will take some time before the team gels, probable 4 of 5 starters play football. Oh yes, there were two reasons that the big men at Pburg did not start last year, Sean Leslie and Lewis Barnette. Pburg will be competitive come mid January.

Dude, I have seen MANY times teams with kids and not one of them over 6'0" tall out rebound teams with kids 6'4" - 6'5". Just because you are 6'5" that doesn't mean you automatically are control the boards. A kid 5'10" who can jump out of the gym equals out to being 6'5". I'm not doubting Pburg is gonna be athletic, they always are, but these big men are gonna have to prove something before you guys make them out to be gods.
No Size Does Not Matter In Rebounding. Whoever Wants It The Most Gets It. The Guy Who Gets The Lowest And Boxes The Opponent Out Will Always Get A Rebound. That Is Why They Have The "over The Back"call.
thespectator Wrote:Jacob Bryant #2? No Way.

Yes way, Bryant is going to dominate people this year :rockon:
lmao..yes i kno he will but no ways he ahead of both slone and McCarty
or Ethan Johnson & Jamie Case
he would dominate slone and Mcarthy both
It seem like I posted top 10 a few months ago but it differs from week to week, anyway here's mine:

1.Landon Slone-Paintsville(by far)

2.Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
3.JD Vanhoose-Paintsville
4.Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
5.Jamie Case-Belfry
6.Shane Grimm-Paintsville
7.Tyler Hamilton-Pike Central
8.Robert Gannon-Phelps
9.Elijah Justice-Shelby Valley
10.Jacob Bryant-Shelby Valley
The King Wrote:Let them prove their ability at the high school level before you go putting them on a top 10 list. I agree that Elisha is a teriffic point guard, but I would rank him ahead of Jaryd Crum just yet. As for Logan, he isn't even a point guard. He is a pretty good 2 guard, but not at the top of the region... And as for Ashley and Taylor, they haven't even played any varsity minutes yet.... If you continue to constantly talk about how great SV is, all you are going to do is make everybody else hate them... Let them prove it on the court...

I agree King! :thumpsup: Valley is building these kids up so much. These freshman will be good once they get some high school experience, this year and next year. They are older than your typical freshman but remember they are not the only school to hold back players. They will be up against 18 and 19 year olds. I just hope they see it coming :yikes: People from Valley are so funny!!:lmao:
1.Landon Slone-Painstville
2.Jamie McCarty-JC
3.Ethan Johnson-SF
4.JD Vanhoose-Paintsville
5.Shane Grimm-Paintsville
6.Jamie Case-Belfry
7.Tyler Hamilton-Pike Central
8.Robert Gannon-Phelps
9.Jacob Bryant-SV
10.Devin Rice-MC
Meade Wrote:How many of those 3's did he make?

Not alot of them...Maybe 5 or 6 of them.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Dude, you must be able to get a rebound to set up the run and gun. I differ with you on the "Size means nothing against the run and gun team". Size is the very thing that can stop a run and gun team. The team that controls the boards controls the game. Prestonsburg will have a very athletic team, will take some time before the team gels, probable 4 of 5 starters play football. Oh yes, there were two reasons that the big men at Pburg did not start last year, Sean Leslie and Lewis Barnette. Pburg will be competitive come mid January.

To be honest Jackie Crisp runs the full court pressure and Prestonsburg didnt win to many games last season with just playing the half court game. Prestonsburg also likes to run the run and gun offense. How many times last year did you see Micheal Stephens, Lewis Barnette, and Sean Leslie, get easy break away lay ups? Exactley ALOT. But when they set up the Half court offense Pburg usally turned it over or took a bad shot. Trevor will have to run alot this season and after playing football for 2 or 3 years he is more disciplined and is alot more stronger and will be just fine this season. But IMO he will mostly be a defensive presence.

fanmanbball Wrote:No Size Does Not Matter In Rebounding. Whoever Wants It The Most Gets It. The Guy Who Gets The Lowest And Boxes The Opponent Out Will Always Get A Rebound. That Is Why They Have The "over The Back"call.

I agree if you can box your guy out than you got the rebound.
Redneck Wrote:Dude, I have seen MANY times teams with kids and not one of them over 6'0" tall out rebound teams with kids 6'4" - 6'5". Just because you are 6'5" that doesn't mean you automatically are control the boards. A kid 5'10" who can jump out of the gym equals out to being 6'5". I'm not doubting Pburg is gonna be athletic, they always are, but these big men are gonna have to prove something before you guys make them out to be gods.

First of all redneck, I am not making anybody out to be gods. I dont understand where that came from. I guess you are saying size really dont matter, with all things being equal I'll take the big guys. Basketball is a big mans game for the most part. There are exceptions to everything, but not many.
Meade Wrote:How many of those 3's did he make?

How many threes did who make?
blackcat_student Wrote:To be honest Jackie Crisp runs the full court pressure and Prestonsburg didnt win to many games last season with just playing the half court game. Prestonsburg also likes to run the run and gun offense. How many times last year did you see Micheal Stephens, Lewis Barnette, and Sean Leslie, get easy break away lay ups? Exactley ALOT. But when they set up the Half court offense Pburg usally turned it over or took a bad shot. Trevor will have to run alot this season and after playing football for 2 or 3 years he is more disciplined and is alot more stronger and will be just fine this season. But IMO he will mostly be a defensive presence.

I agree if you can box your guy out than you got the rebound.

I can't wait to see how football has helped Trevor. Last year he seemed to still be akward( who wouldn't be at that height and age). I think if he can fill out more and get a little stronger from last year he will fill Sean's shoes nicely. Sean moved very nice for a big guy though.
Trever wont not be able to handle SHelby Valleys inside game. It doesnt matter what football did to him. Shelby Valley has way to many young guns for p-burg to handle.
1. Jamie McCarty
2. Landon Slone
3. Ethan Johnson
4. Elijah Justice
5. J.D. Vanhoose
6. Jaryd Crum
7. Tim Honaker
8. Jacob Bryant
9. Devin Rice
10. Jessie Meeks
Like I said in my last post on a different thread, Van Ferguson of Paintsville is very underrated.
Cash Wrote:Like I said in my last post on a different thread, Van Ferguson of Paintsville is very underrated.

He might be underrated in peoples preseason top 10 list. But alot of the people in the region have not seen him play. How could he be on the top 10 if he hasnt been seen playing in the region? If OJ Mayo or someone like that transferede into the region, I could see them being on a preseason top 10 list even though he most likely wasnt seen playing by many, but there is a difference there in a player known all across the nation as to one that people have not heard of or seen play. Besides, the preseason top 10 list is not anywhere as importiant as the post season top 10 list.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Sorry to get off topic but is Van Ferguson the guy that came from Florida?
blackcat_student Wrote:Sorry to get off topic but is Van Ferguson the guy that came from Florida?

He came BACK from Florida. He grew up at Paintsville and his family moved when he was in middle school. His family moved back this summer.
[QUOTE=blackcat_student]To be honest Jackie Crisp runs the full court pressure and Prestonsburg didnt win to many games last season with just playing the half court game. Prestonsburg also likes to run the run and gun offense. How many times last year did you see Micheal Stephens, Lewis Barnette, and Sean Leslie, get easy break away lay ups? Exactley ALOT. But when they set up the Half court offense Pburg usally turned it over or took a bad shot. Trevor will have to run alot this season and after playing football for 2 or 3 years he is more disciplined and is alot more stronger and will be just fine this season. But IMO he will mostly be a defensive presence.

:dontthink Not to get off topic but I did want to address the bold underlined part of your post. They didnt turn it over or take a bad shot when they worked the ball, they worked it and got the open shot under the goal with Leslie or Barnette. Trust me I know, I've only missed two games in 5 years. Sorry but I had to but the truth in.
Redneck Wrote:He came BACK from Florida. He grew up at Paintsville and his family moved when he was in middle school. His family moved back this summer.
He moved to Florida when he was 10 years old.
How tall is Van?
blackcat_student Wrote:How tall is Van?

6'4" I think, I know he is taller than me and I'm 6'2"
I have seen Van and in know way shape or fashion is he 6'4" he is about a large 6'1"