Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 players in the 15th for 06-07.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am a new comer to the website and I'm just wonderin what everyone thinks.
IMO its.

1. Jamie McCarty
2. Landon Slone
3. J.D Vanhoose.
4. Tim Honaker
5. Jaryd Crum
6. Elijah Justice
7. Daniel Pugh
8. Josh Martin
9. Ryan Collins
10. Ethan Johnson
Jacob Bryant is the best player in the 15th this year.
kysportsguru Wrote:Jacob Bryant is the best player in the 15th this year.

Never heard of him. There is no way that Jaryd Crum is a top 10 player, I don't care how well he played at SCHS, but with him being on a talented team compared to just him and May from last season, you'll see how good of a player he is. He is on a team full of go to guys now, he may be the guy dribbling the ball up the court, but that's all he'll be for JC.
thespectator Wrote:I am a new comer to the website and I'm just wonderin what everyone thinks.
IMO its.

1. Jamie McCarty
2. Landon Slone
3. J.D Vanhoose.
4. Tim Honaker
5. Jaryd Crum
6. Elijah Justice
7. Daniel Pugh
8. Josh Martin
9. Ryan Collins
10. Ethan Johnson

Not a bad list, I'd just switch 1 and 2 around, move 4 to 10 and 5 to 7 since Daniel isn't playing. Then I would throw in Shane Grimm at 4, love his style of play, a silent assassin.
UrBoi Wrote:Never heard of him. There is no way that Jaryd Crum is a top 10 player, I don't care how well he played at SCHS, but with him being on a talented team compared to just him and May from last season, you'll see how good of a player he is. He is on a team full of go to guys now, he may be the guy dribbling the ball up the court, but that's all he'll be for JC.

:dontthink I can tell by your post that you do not have any idea what talent is.Jayrd may not over power you,but he will beat you with ball handling,speed,court awareness,and ability to hit the mid range jump shot.He is also money from the free throw line!As far as go to guys on JC's team.We will just have to wait and see who decides to step up and play this year.He may just be the guy dribbling the ball up the court,but he will be the guy who controls tempo,sets up the plays and decides just how good the eagles will be when they have the ball.The Eagles will be hard to contend with this year.The only team that can play with them is the Tigers and those boys can't get along long enough to win when it really counts.So just keep saying he does not belong in the top 10.Your face will be as long as a Missouri mule when you watch him dribble the ball up the court and beat your team!!!! :Thumbs:

YOUR TOP TEN LOOKS FINE TO ME THESPECTATOR!!!! :thumpsup:
cardsfan Wrote::dontthink I can tell by your post that you do not have any idea what talent is.Jayrd may not over power you,but he will beat you with ball handling,speed,court awareness,and ability to hit the mid range jump shot.He is also money from the free throw line!As far as go to guys on JC's team.We will just have to wait and see who decides to step up and play this year.He may just be the guy dribbling the ball up the court,but he will be the guy who controls tempo,sets up the plays and decides just how good the eagles will be when they have the ball.The Eagles will be hard to contend with this year.The only team that can play with them is the Tigers and those boys can't get along long enough to win when it really counts.So just keep saying he does not belong in the top 10.Your face will be as long as a Missouri mule when you watch him dribble the ball up the court and beat your team!!!! :Thumbs:

YOUR TOP TEN LOOKS FINE TO ME THESPECTATOR!!!! :thumpsup:
First off yeah JC VS. Tigers will be a good game but I think you might be overlooking pburg a little to much. Compare player to player in their lineups, the guards on each team even out but pburgs bigmen will swallow Johnson Centrals'.I know their bigman is about 6'1 , 6'2 at the biggest, Prestonsburg's bigman is 6'7 and their PF is 6'4 and is solid as a rock. Im not saying Pburg is gonna throw down on Johnson Central but im letting you know that it will be a good game.
Crum is the smallest but one of the better point guard in the region, no doubt about it! Look for the Eagles to be unstoppable with him at the helm with McCarty and Meeks alongside him.
This is just my opinion, I think Crum will not fit in at JC because of chemistry. Crum is a "Run the Show" player. I dont think JC needs him, JMO.
I think Devin Rice #32 from MC should be on the list
All_Sport#1 Wrote:I think Devin Rice #32 from MC should be on the list
I agree with you on this one.
and ethan johnson is top 5
Dear Beaver Creek Connection,
Most point guards job is to "run the show", however, your idea of a "run the show" player is someone who is selfish and is only out for himself. I have never sensed him to be selfish at all, he just wants to win. After all, if he only wanted to score, don't you think he would have stayed at Sheldon Clark? Instead he wants to win, so he moved to Johnson Central, to me, this shows he is a TEAM player!
Thank you
champ Wrote:Dear Beaver Creek Connection,
Most point guards job is to "run the show", however, your idea of a "run the show" player is someone who is selfish and is only out for himself. I have never sensed him to be selfish at all, he just wants to win. After all, if he only wanted to score, don't you think he would have stayed at Sheldon Clark? Instead he wants to win, so he moved to Johnson Central, to me, this shows he is a TEAM player!
Thank you

Sorry, but you mis-understood what I am talking about. I never said anything about selfishness or being out for himself, you said that. I will try to explain what I meant, he is the type of player that wants the ball in is hands most of the time on offense based on watching him for years. JC has several top level players that also "want the ball". As for the reason he went to JC I would think it was more the "he wants to win", I can respect that, but I am not sure KHSAA consider that a good reason to transfer.
This is my opinion on the top 10 for 06-07..
1.Jamie McCarty
2.Landon slone
3.Jamie Case
4.JD Vanhoose
5.Matt Clevenger
6.Ethan Johnson
7.Shane Grimm
8.Jaryd Crum
9.Tim Honaker
10.Devin Rice
NY152..I watched Jamie Case like 3 times over the summer and he aint nuthin special. Dont get me wrong hes a good player but no way he should be ranked that high. IMO every player you listed below him are better other than Ethan Johnson. Hes awful.
NY152 Wrote:This is my opinion on the top 10 for 06-07..
1.Jamie McCarty
2.Landon slone
3.Jamie Case
4.JD Vanhoose
5.Matt Clevenger
6.Ethan Johnson
7.Shane Grimm
8.Jaryd Crum
9.Tim Honaker
10.Devin Rice

Noway Case is at 3 and Clevenger shouldn't even be mentioned.
Showtime_05 Wrote:Noway Case is at 3 and Clevenger shouldn't even be mentioned.

LOL..1.Mccarty :lmao: :Clap:
Give us your top ten showtime. Who SHOULD be number 1?? If Case is not number 3 then who is??
You are from Belfry and you don't support a Belfry player?? hmmm
Who cares about Top 10. If all these kids are true team players they would trade individual recognition for a regional title. Right???
In no particular order, the top 10 players in the 15th, IMO, are:

Landon Slone - Paintsville
Jamie McCarty - Johnson Central
Jaryd Crum - Sheldon Clark
Devin Rice - Magoffin County
Jacob Bryant - Shelby Valley
Ethan Johnson - South Floyd
Trai Witt - Betsy Layne
Shane Grimm - Paintsville
Jamie Case - Belfry
J.D. VanHoose - Paintsville
Ny152
I like your list except for clevenger. I would put johnson 5 and put the phelps player at 10 and leave clevenger off.
Hoops Lover Wrote:You are from Belfry and you don't support a Belfry player?? hmmm

No, not someone I don't think is that good.hmmm
thespectator Wrote:I am a new comer to the website and I'm just wonderin what everyone thinks.
IMO its.

1. Jamie McCarty
2. Landon Slone
3. J.D Vanhoose.
4. Tim Honaker
5. Jaryd Crum
6. Elijah Justice
7. Daniel Pugh
8. Josh Martin
9. Ryan Collins
10. Ethan Johnson

Good list but Ethan Johnson should be atleast 4th
thespectator Wrote:NY152..I watched Jamie Case like 3 times over the summer and he aint nuthin special. Dont get me wrong hes a good player but no way he should be ranked that high. IMO every player you listed below him are better other than Ethan Johnson. Hes awful.
Spectator this is not a site to make fun or to judge any player its ok to say sum your opinion, but to say a player is awful could get u kicked off the site fast this is a warning.
I'm sorry Homer for saying hes awful. I'll just say he aint no good IMO.
Landon Slone
Jamie McCarty
Shane Grimm
JD Vanhoose
Jayrd Crum
Josh Martin
Elijah Justice
Ethan Johnson
Ashley Hatfield
Devon Adams
Who is Ashley Hatfield? Did he play last year?
Landon Slone
Jamie McCarty
Eathan Johnson
Logan Bryant
Devin Rice
Vanhoose
Elisha Justice
Jamie Case
Trai Witt
Taylor Newsome
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:Landon Slone
Jamie McCarty
Eathan Johnson
Logan Bryant
Devin Rice
Vanhoose
Elisha Justice
Jamie Case
Trai Witt
Taylor Newsome

So i'm guessing that you're a freshmen at Shelby Valley? You must not have watched them play much, because Taylor Newsome will not have that great of a year for SV, he will be outplayed by someone who is going to stick with basektball this year, Kyle Goodson. Kyle, Jake Bryant, and Elijah Justice will be the top players on Shelby Valley this year, Taylor won't be one of them, nonetheless one of the regions top players.
Pages: 1 2 3