Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
jim rome Wrote:How you can any kind of top 10 without mention of McCrackin is stupid!!!!

pjdoug Wrote:Did a mountain suddenly appear in McCracken County?

Pulp Fiction Wrote:If we are gonna go by jim rome's geography.....

1. Highlands
2. Trinity
3. Mayfield
4. Bowling Green
5. Male
6. St. Xavier
7. Covington Catholic
8. DeSales
9. South Warren
10. Scott County

Come on jim rome..... work on your comedy routine.
:lame: :dudecomeon:

Slotback22 Wrote:Leaving out Pulaski Co.in your top 10 is a joke as well Pulp Fiction

Somebody (Slotback22) needs a lesson in Kentucky geography and sarcasm.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Does Middlesboro and Knox play each other
I hope.
1. Pulaski
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Williamsburg (Would be 4 but I think Corbin would win due to depth)
6. Middlesboro
7. Bell County
8. Knox Central
9. North Laurel
10. Pikeville
If you have to add Pulaski....

1. Pulaski
1A. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Williamsburg
5. Corbin
6. Pikeville
7. Middlesboro
8. Bell
9. Knox
10. North Laurel
Pretty Fair Hopefully The Rock Gets On That List
Rock has to beat a team with a pulse first.

West Jess, Whitley, and South Laurel may combine for 4 wins between the lot of them.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Rock has to beat a team with a pulse first.

West Jess, Whitley, and South Laurel may combine for 4 wins between the lot of them.

Rockcastle did hold Damien Harris to only 123 yards rushing. Of course he averaged 18 yards a carry on just seven carries, but he only scored once. Haha. That kid is a freak of nature.

In all seriousness, the only thing that scares me about putting them in the top 10 is the Whitley county game. They barely squeaked by by a touchdown in that one, and Bell embarrassed Whitley and Pike Central shut their offense out as well. If they would've blown Whitley out then I'd say they'd have an argument for it, but after that game there's a lot of question marks?
baseball1974 Wrote:Rockcastle did hold Damien Harris to only 123 yards rushing. Of course he averaged 18 yards a carry on just seven carries, but he only scored once. Haha. That kid is a freak of nature.

Mother Nature held him to 123... wasn't that game shortened by lightning?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mother Nature held him to 123... wasn't that game shortened by lightning?

Yes. It was. They actually didn't even play the second half. So that is only one half of it and I was wrong he had two scores. They called that game at the beginning of the third quarter.
Actually I would like to ammend my list. I think pburg has earned a spot. They played great against pikeville and they've smoked everyone else on their schedule. Pburg's QB, Jarrell, threw for over 220 yards and 3 touchdowns against Pikeville. They also rushed for over 100+ yards as well. They may be higher than that by the time its all said and done?

1. Pulaski
1A. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Williamsburg
5. Corbin
6. Pikeville
7. Middlesboro
8. Bell
9. Knox
10. Prestonsburg

Sorry Jaguars
baseball1974 Wrote:Actually I would like to ammend my list. I think pburg has earned a spot. They played great against pikeville and they've smoked everyone else on their schedule. Pburg's QB, Jarrell, threw for over 220 yards and 3 touchdowns against Pikeville. They also rushed for over 100+ yards as well. They may be higher than that by the time its all said and done?

Prestonsburg has made a habit of improving greatly over the course of a season over the past few years. I think the coaching staff cut back on the full contact stuff pre-season a bit mainly to minimize the risk of injury. Though the Blackcats tend to look a bit ragged at season start as a result, the improvement curve week to week is noticeable and the team has been peaking at season's end (vs. burning out as I've seen happen in the past... and some local teams still do it).

My hope is Prestonsburg ends up looking "ragged" in retrospect in its first game vs. the Panthers. If it happens that way the Blackcats will end up MUCH higher... :Thumbs:
former Wrote:Does Middlesboro and Knox play each other

No.
baseball1974 Wrote:Rockcastle did hold Damien Harris to only 123 yards rushing. Of course he averaged 18 yards a carry on just seven carries, but he only scored once. Haha. That kid is a freak of nature.

In all seriousness, the only thing that scares me about putting them in the top 10 is the Whitley county game. They barely squeaked by by a touchdown in that one, and Bell embarrassed Whitley and Pike Central shut their offense out as well. If they would've blown Whitley out then I'd say they'd have an argument for it, but after that game there's a lot of question marks?

Whitley shut Whitley out.they fumbled repeatedly while playing on a pond.
oneijoe Wrote:Prestonsburg has made a habit of improving greatly over the course of a season over the past few years. I think the coaching staff cut back on the full contact stuff pre-season a bit mainly to minimize the risk of injury. Though the Blackcats tend to look a bit ragged at season start as a result, the improvement curve week to week is noticeable and the team has been peaking at season's end (vs. burning out as I've seen happen in the past... and some local teams still do it).

My hope is Prestonsburg ends up looking "ragged" in retrospect in its first game vs. the Panthers. If it happens that way the Blackcats will end up MUCH higher... :Thumbs:

So how much higher is Pikeville's ceiling? Pikeville couldn't look more ragged than they did against P'burg with 4 turnovers to P'burg's 0.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley shut Whitley out.they fumbled repeatedly while playing on a pond.

That was a pretty filthy game but to PCC's defense, both teams had to play in the exact same conditions.
baseball1974 Wrote:That was a pretty filthy game but to PCC's defense, both teams had to play in the exact same conditions.

right.I'm not making excuses,but in Whitley's defense that was their first game in a new offense,and playing on a pond after a long trip and the game being delayed for hours didn't help them anySmile
Im not sure how so many people can have Corbin ranked so high and not have Southwestern atleast in the top 10 as well.

For my mythical mountain top 10...

1. Pulaski County

2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central

4. Knox Central
5. Corbin
6. Southwestern
7. Williamsburg

8. Middlesboro
9. Bell County
10. North Laurel
1. Pulaski County
2. Belfry

3. Johnson Central (May be in the same tier as above but we haven't had a chance to really see how good they may be)

(yes that big of a gap)
4. Williamsburg
5. Knox Central
6. Corbin
7. Southwestern

8. Pikeville
9. Middlesboro
10. Bell County
11. Pburg
12. Lawrence County
13. North Laurel

14. Hazard

15. Pike Central
16. Rockcastle County
17. Harlan County
18. Somerset
19. Perry Central
20. Letcher Central
New to the site. I remember Somerset always having a good team, what happened?
jetpilot Wrote:So how much higher is Pikeville's ceiling? Pikeville couldn't look more ragged than they did against P'burg with 4 turnovers to P'burg's 0.

Hey, I like Pikeville... lol. I hope they come to think they were ragged in game 1, too.

Confusednicker:
nuclear option Wrote:New to the site. I remember Somerset always having a good team, what happened?

Somerset has just hit one of those places where they have a lot of young inexperienced players. All teams, sooner or later, hit stretches like that. They'll be fine in years to come...

:popcorn:
oneijoe Wrote:Hey, I like Pikeville... lol. I hope they come to think they were ragged in game 1, too.

Confusednicker:

I'm sure you'll be happy to know they think they were ragged.:biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Pulaski County
2. Belfry

3. Johnson Central (May be in the same tier as above but we haven't had a chance to really see how good they may be)

(yes that big of a gap)
4. Williamsburg
5. Knox Central
6. Corbin
7. Southwestern

8. Pikeville
9. Middlesboro
10. Bell County
11. Pburg
12. Lawrence County
13. North Laurel

14. Hazard

15. Pike Central
16. Rockcastle County
17. Harlan County
18. Somerset
19. Perry Central
20. Letcher Central

I know Whitley is awful this year, but im a 100% sure they would beat Somerset an Perry. So would Letcher.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know Whitley is awful this year, but im a 100% sure they would beat Somerset an Perry. So would Letcher.

I agree with you on that. I also think Knox central should be several spots down. They barely survived against bell.