Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT) -- Pulaski County stays on top in this week’s Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top 10, but Belfry gets a first place vote so the Maroons are not the unanimous No. 1 for the first time all year.

Knox Central jumps up to No. 5 and Middlesboro jumps to No. 4 after knocking off Bell County.

Here is the complete Top 10:

1. Pulaski County (29)
2. Belfry (28)
3. Johnson Central (24)
4. Middlesboro (18)
5. Knox Central (17)
6. Williamsburg (15)
7. Bell County (14)
8. Pikeville (10)
9. Corbin (6)
10. Prestonsburg (4)

So, What do y'all think.
Pretty fair..
Looks good to me no complaints!
Looks like Belfry picked up a 1st Place vote this week.
skully03 Wrote:HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT) -- Pulaski County stays on top in this week’s Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top 10, but Belfry gets a first place vote so the Maroons are not the unanimous No. 1 for the first time all year.

Knox Central jumps up to No. 5 and Middlesboro jumps to No. 4 after knocking off Bell County.

1. Pulaski County (29)
2. Belfry (28)
3. Johnson Central (24)
4. Middlesboro (18)
5. Knox Central (17)
6. Williamsburg (15)
7. Bell County (14)
8. Pikeville (10)
9. Corbin (6)
10. Prestonsburg (4)

So, What do y'all think.

Corbin at 9 seems way too low.
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin at 9 seems way too low.

It only makes sense that Middlesboro is above Corbin and Bell. Middlesboro beat Bell, and Bell is definitely better than Corbin. If only Corbin had played someone this year that you could judge them on compared to a Bell or Middlesboro....
goBIGblue82 Wrote:It only makes sense that Middlesboro is above Corbin and Bell. Middlesboro beat Bell, and Bell is definitely better than Corbin. If only Corbin had played someone this year that you could judge them on compared to a Bell or Middlesboro....

I agree with Middlesboro being ranked ahead of Corbin and Bell, but we don't know that Bell is better than Corbin. I think Southwestern is a little better than given credit.

I am the opposite on this one. I think Corbin and Bell could switch spots. The rest looks spot on.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I agree with Middlesboro being ranked ahead of Corbin and Bell, but we don't know that Bell is better than Corbin. I think Southwestern is a little better than given credit.

I am the opposite on this one. I think Corbin and Bell could switch spots. The rest looks spot on.

If only Corbin and Middlesboro played this year...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If only Corbin and Middlesboro played this year...

Corbin beat Middlesboro but it was only a scrimmage so it doesnt count Smile
skully03 Wrote:HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT) -- Pulaski County stays on top in this week’s Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top 10, but Belfry gets a first place vote so the Maroons are not the unanimous No. 1 for the first time all year.

1. Pulaski County (29)
2. Belfry (28)
3. Johnson Central (24)
4. Middlesboro (18)
5. Knox Central (17)
6. Williamsburg (15)
7. Bell County (14)
8. Pikeville (10)
9. Corbin (6)
10. Prestonsburg (4)

So, What do y'all think.

Bell should be at #9, while Corbin should be at #7, IMO. The rest looks about right!!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:Bell should be at #9, while Corbin should be at #7, IMO. The rest looks about right!!!

I think Williamsburg should be higher too. we'll find out Friday.
I think Bell County is still being overvalued by WYMT and as a direct result Middlesboro has also been over valued.
But it was only a scrimmage...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think Bell County is still being overvalued by WYMT and as a direct result Middlesboro has also been over valued.

I think Knox Central is over valued.we'll find out Friday when they play Bell County.

1. Pulaski County (29)
2. Belfry (28)
3. Johnson Central (24)
4. Middlesboro (18)
5. Knox Central (17)
6. Williamsburg (15)
7. Bell County (14)
8. Pikeville (10)
9. Corbin (6)
10. Prestonsburg (4)

So, What do y'all think.

1. Pulaski County ( due to being a 5A team only )
2. Belfry
3.Johnson Central
4.1A Williamsburg ( Dream team )
5.Corbin ( Wymt still has Haddix Hangover )
6.1A Pikeville
7.1A Hazard
8.Knox Central
9.Prestonsburg
10.Bell County ( even tho North Laurel better )

Confusederiously:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think Bell County is still being overvalued by WYMT and as a direct result Middlesboro has also been over valued.

Agreed !!
64SUR Wrote:1. Pulaski County ( due to being a 5A team only )
2. Belfry
3.Johnson Central
4.1A Williamsburg ( Dream team )
5.Corbin ( Wymt still has Haddix Hangover )
6.1A Pikeville
7.1A Hazard
8.Knox Central
9.Prestonsburg
10.Bell County ( even tho North Laurel better )

Confusederiously:

I made a terrible mistakes i left middlesboro out they should be #10 bell is out. Confusednicker:
Who cares, polls mean nothing, I am a Middlesboro alum and fan and I don't know if they are the 4th best team in the mountains nor do I care. Pulaski should not even be in it they are not in the mountains, that shows how dumb this poll is to begin with.

Anybody with half a brain knew this cap would be spewed if Middlesboro beat Bell, up until that game ever body on this forum acted like Bell was a product of the nfl. Should have expected no different on here although I do agree Bell was not or is not as good as the pis forum made them to be but they and Middlesboro are still very good teams, over value all you want.
Some of this list is accurate but Knox central has no business being where they are. The barely squeezed by north laurel only putting up 7 points, and north laurel should have and almost got beat by Wayne county who is barely in the win column at 1-3. They are way too high. I think once pikeville and middlesboro play it'll be more clear where those two should be? Its way early so who knows how it'll end up? Pulaski should not be in a mountain top 10 either I agree. They're basically the same distance from the mountains that Lexington and Richmond are.
Pretty fair. The only one I disagree with is Williamsburg. Just because they win against losing teams doesn't mean they could beat teams like Corbin and Bell County and they wouldn't. The caliber of teams played should be a big factor.
pETE KEEP TRYING YOU WILL GET RECONIZED, I pROMIZED

Of Course you do EKUALUM05:Thumbs:
tazcat Wrote:Anybody with half a brain knew this cap would be spewed if Middlesboro beat Bell, up until that game ever body on this forum acted like Bell was a product of the nfl. Should have expected no different on here although I do agree Bell was not or is not as good as the pis forum made them to be but they and Middlesboro are still very good teams, over value all you want.

Right with you TAZ:rockon:
:biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:I made a terrible mistakes i left middlesboro out they should be #10 bell is out. Confusednicker:
Pete Wrote:Pretty fair. The only one I disagree with is Williamsburg. Just because they win against losing teams doesn't mean they could beat teams like Corbin and Bell County and they wouldn't. The caliber of teams played should be a big factor.

Bell County has strong line play, but I'm not sure they could defend Williamsburg's balanced offense.
How you can any kind of top 10 without mention of McCrackin is stupid!!!!
jim rome Wrote:How you can any kind of top 10 without mention of McCrackin is stupid!!!!

Did a mountain suddenly appear in McCracken County?
jim rome Wrote:How you can any kind of top 10 without mention of McCrackin is stupid!!!!

pjdoug Wrote:Did a mountain suddenly appear in McCracken County?

If we are gonna go by jim rome's geography.....

1. Highlands
2. Trinity
3. Mayfield
4. Bowling Green
5. Male
6. St. Xavier
7. Covington Catholic
8. DeSales
9. South Warren
10. Scott County

Come on jim rome..... work on your comedy routine.
:lame: :dudecomeon:
Leaving out Pulaski Co.in your top 10 is a joke as well Pulp Fiction
Pages: 1 2