Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TNT, now that Ryle's season is over ......
In no way is this directed towards you TNT, but...

As somebody who literally loves all offenses, I just get so sick of the "spread, throw it around all over the place makes everything better" mentality.

Team A goes 13-1 losing in the state semis, lining up in two tights and 80-20 run/pass; and, all you hear is "Ah, that boring offense."

...but,....

Team A goes 13-1 losing in the same round, yet lining up in the spread, with a 50/50 run-pass and the world is a better place for some reason? (or make it a 70/30 run-pass ratio, and just let the QB be in the gun, and all of the sudden it becomes a flipping 'wow factor' all because of the QB being in the shotgun).
Butler's OC would not help you, unless he brought his athletes with him! Wait, I take that back. Any OC would help you!
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Other talent-
O-Line
They will have one of the best O-Lines next season big and very talented-
Expected size & weight entering next season matter off season of building-
LT- sr- Teepen 6'4.5" 250 (2yr varsity)
LG- Sr- Hall 6' 270 (2yr varisty)
C- sr- Ross 6'3" 290 (3year varsity)
RG- Jr- Hiles 5'11" 220 (2 year)
RT- Soph- C.Ross 6'2" 260 (1st)
TE- sr - Brownell 6'3" 240 (3 year)

WR-
Arnwine -sr- 6'4" 220 - Offseason of training he could be a star. Height & speed are there. Hands need a little work
Beadle- jr- 6' 180 - Easily the most aggressive WR I have ever seen. Big play feel to him
Pogliano- 5'10 150- could fit in as a Ryan Hill type Slot

ATH- England- 6'3" 200- the talent is there for him to be a star D-1 recruit great speed and hands.

RB- Woolf- Sr- 6'0" 230- I think they will diminish his offensive role and focus him more on the defensive side.
RB- McGregor- Jr- 5'10" 180- flashes of brilliance this season. Tons of potential.
Rb- Batman- JR - 5'10" 170- fast back I would expect him in a spell back role.
FB- Jarvis- Jr- 5'8" 200- fire plug with the ball and will get you the tough 3 yard runs all day long.

QB- ? 6'4" Brandt has a nice arm and decent enough speed. But can his head game improve enough to trust him as QB. Rytlewski is 1 concusion from being done playing football do you risk working with him and investing him as QB #1.

Defense-
New kid Sam - sr- DT- 6'3 240 - for his size he has great hands and foot speed he came along very nicely to end the season
Woolfe- sr- LB - has potential to be a top LB in nKY
Belk- sr- LB- they moved him to OLB at the end of the season. I really liked the fit because he has decent speed to cover TEs and most slot recievers.
Meiman- Jr- LB- 6' 220- I expect a big season to put his name on the map for 2015.
Mason Locke- 5'9" 145- sr- CB- played big at the end of season I think he will be very impressive next year.
Brownell- DE- Tall strong fast could easily play Safety if needed.
Brandt- S- this could be a wild card but he has good defensive instincts.

Other positions I think are all open competition at this point.
Hiles is barely 5'6
Meiman is a true 5'10" if that
Jarvis is a final 5'5" and 235 lbs.
Pogliano just hit 5'7" and maybe 140 lbs.
look farther than the propaganda from the roster
wmrandolph Wrote:Hiles is barely 5'6
Meiman is a true 5'10" if that
Jarvis is a final 5'5" and 235 lbs.
Pogliano just hit 5'7" and maybe 140 lbs.
look farther than the propaganda from the roster

How many times will I have to say this is a projected chart after an offseason of building:disappoint:
If the Meiman kid is currently 190lb's I'll eat my hat. 220 is a ridiculous projection - which similarly projects doubt on all those other projections.
Meimam is 170. He wrestles in that weight class.
Thanks - kind of what I thought. Pretty sure the kid won't grow two inches and gain 50 lbs in 9 months.
bluedad1 Wrote:Thanks - kind of what I thought. Pretty sure the kid won't grow two inches and gain 50 lbs in 9 months.

Why not, Barry Bonds head did.
As a junior I was 175 and 5'11 I came in as a 6'1.5" 217 sr so it is possible and some of them I was wrong on I will admit.
The bottom line is that the Ryle teams have not been big. They were smaller than almost every team they played this year. Great coaches will tell you that they would rather have an athletic smaller team than a giant unathletic team. The new coach will have to deal with the fact that Ryle has very few big athletes. I have overheard several coaches and parents to say that the halls are not filled with large athletes. There certainly are a few who chose not to play that should consider coming out next year but those young men are not giants. The biggest player on the team might've 280 lbs and about 6'3". What they have are athletes that will have to sacrifice and play positions that are best for the team despite what is best for them. That will be the challenge. When the season started last year it looked like Ryle was running a receiving camp. Everyone thought they were a receiver. No debt at line no debt at defensive line no debt at linebacker (inside and out). Will miss Warner but I can't wait to see who comes in. This will be an interesting process.
Our family has been in the Ryle football program all through school. There have been many good things and negative things with the program. It is true that the main players are pick (chosen) from the freshman year. And all the focus is on those players, all through out their years playing. This has been a pratice and a noticable one. All players deserve the right to be treated fairly and given the same opurtunity. A lot of talent has been looked over and not given the chance to develope. As for a quarter back, the one we had was afraid to get hit and couldnt complete much. Ryan H on the other hand , when put in got the job DONE!
The players also played in extrem heat, even after they where instructed to stop. The trainer had to tell them a second time to stop the game!
As far as a new head coach, Coach D is one who would be a great coach to fill the shoes. As well as coach Wolf!
I feel if you can be open to suggestion, good oan negative feed back,treat you players with fairness and interginty. They will move mountains for the coach and be a solid team player.
Bryson was a great coach, but sometimes its just time to do something new. Best of luck Coach Warner!
A little off topic, but relevant to your post, has the Ryle talent pool been impacted by the emergence of 2 programs on Union's borders? Everybody talks about Cooper, but nobody ever mentions Walton. Where would all those kids be playing if Walton did not have a program?
Playing the same 12-14 kids both ways for most, if not all of the game has been a trend I've seen as well. Starting at the Frosh level on up. This years Frosh team played that number of kids almost every down. The other 22-25 kids played Special Teams and a few mop up minutes. You get Frosh championships but you don't get retention with that philosophy.
bluedad1 Wrote:Playing the same 12-14 kids both ways for most, if not all of the game has been a trend I've seen as well. Starting at the Frosh level on up. This years Frosh team played that number of kids almost every down. The other 22-25 kids played Special Teams and a few mop up minutes. You get Frosh championships but you don't get retention with that philosophy.

As I understand it there were a great number of kids on that team who had never played football (14) and thus the staff had to be concerned with there safety during games. As the season went on several of those kids were able to contribute. Many will be able to play next year because they learned the game. Thats what happens when kids wait until freshman year to play the game.
road runner Wrote:Our family has been in the Ryle football program all through school. There have been many good things and negative things with the program. It is true that the main players are pick (chosen) from the freshman year. And all the focus is on those players, all through out their years playing. This has been a pratice and a noticable one. All players deserve the right to be treated fairly and given the same opurtunity. A lot of talent has been looked over and not given the chance to develope. As for a quarter back, the one we had was afraid to get hit and couldnt complete much. Ryan H on the other hand , when put in got the job DONE!
The players also played in extrem heat, even after they where instructed to stop. The trainer had to tell them a second time to stop the game!
As far as a new head coach, Coach D is one who would be a great coach to fill the shoes. As well as coach Wolf!
I feel if you can be open to suggestion, good oan negative feed back,treat you players with fairness and interginty. They will move mountains for the coach and be a solid team player.
Bryson was a great coach, but sometimes its just time to do something new. Best of luck Coach Warner!

I've had myself and 2 relatives thru the program with 2 still to go. When it's all said in done my family will have contributed 12 years to the program. I agree Coach D would be a solid pick but he won't be half as qualified for those applying for this Job.

Woolf is the only coach on the current staff in my eyes that has at shot and I am sure even he will look under qualified compared to some that will apply. Woolf has an advantage of being a teacher at Ryle for a long time having a son as a Sr coming up and the fact that he is one of the best Defensive coaches in NKY. He has waited for this job and proved it by turning down Cov Cath and Cooper. When he comes back I think he will bring Mike Parker to OC move Harden to Defense keep Colley and can the rest per the AD & Principal.

If they do bring in an outside guy I would be interested in who they came up with. I have researched Kevin Siple and I believe he indeed would for better in Union than Grant Co. Anyone that can coach at Indian Hill will easily know how to handle the pressures from Union parents.

Chuck Smith won't happen he's a Lex guy and if he goes back to a High School HC Madison Central is opening in his backyard.

Rash & Wirth have came up a lot but at this point Rash has a solid two groups coming up at Beechwood and Wirth has a good thing going at Cov Cath.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I've had myself and 2 relatives thru the program with 2 still to go. When it's all said in done my family will have contributed 12 years to the program. I agree Coach D would be a solid pick but he won't be half as qualified for those applying for this Job.

Woolf is the only coach on the current staff in my eyes that has at shot and I am sure even he will look under qualified compared to some that will apply. Woolf has an advantage of being a teacher at Ryle for a long time having a son as a Sr coming up and the fact that he is one of the best Defensive coaches in NKY. He has waited for this job and proved it by turning down Cov Cath and Cooper. When he comes back I think he will bring Mike Parker to OC move Harden to Defense keep Colley and can the rest per the AD & Principal.

If they do bring in an outside guy I would be interested in who they came up with. I have researched Kevin Siple and I believe he indeed would for better in Union than Grant Co. Anyone that can coach at Indian Hill will easily know how to handle the pressures from Union parents.

Chuck Smith won't happen he's a Lex guy and if he goes back to a High School HC Madison Central is opening in his backyard.

Rash & Wirth have came up a lot but at this point Rash has a solid two groups coming up at Beechwood and Wirth has a good thing going at Cov Cath.

Again, I think you're wrong about this.
I agree either Brandt or England. Brandt is a better pure passer, while England gives you a running dynamic.