Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview Sanctions
I don't particularly wish any harm to Fairview. However, it would have been interesting if the investigation had involved the alleged use of Millseat apartments to house athletes coming from outside the district and even outside the state. It would have been interesting to learn of the owners of those apartments. It would be interesting to learn about payment of rent and by whom it was paid. For example, it would have been interesting to learn how a family moves to a small apartment in Millseat for the remainder of a boy's athletic eligibility and, during that stay, the boy gets his driver's license in Ohio.

There are a lot more questions that really need answering. However, the door is shut since Fairview self imposed and KHSAA accepted far harsher sanctions than would have been applied by KHSAA for one ineligible athlete. I believe Fairview did a good job of plea bargaining and mitigating its damage. As for the "rest of the story", it will never be officially known, will it? In the long run, chalk one up for the Eagles.
Musick coached at Evarts in the 90's and to my knowledge was legit. He had Mr. Football Scott Russell who is now the head coach at Knox Central. EHS was 13-0 until Belview ended their season.
Gary McPeek I believe was the coach at Hazard back in the early 90s or late 80s. I believe can someone give me insight to that
ballboy Wrote:Gary McPeek I believe was the coach at Hazard back in the early 90s or late 80s. I believe can someone give me insight to that

This explain how hazard got cordia player to come over to play Basketball and Football :lmao: Dude don't tell on yourself KHSAA is Listens Confusednicker:
Imo the whole reason FHS self reported was thy knew that people within the school system were fed up, area schools were fed up, and they were goina be reported either way. Therefor, they self reported, the KHSAA honored that and accepted their fine suggestion as well as the game forfeitures and added the post season ban. Imo by doing this the KHSAA either decided to not seek any further investigation involving other players eligibility or recruitment that ivolved special treatment or jobs to families with ball players OR they told Fairview they knew what else was going on, but by going about things this way, refusing to appeal and taking the probation, that they would drop it. Either way its done and over, Bill Musick got away with trowing the McPeaks under the bus, as usual he plays theheroes roll.
As far as the $5,000 fine goes I have seen much stiffer KHSAA fines. Lexington Catholic was hit for $30,000 for recruiting a few years ago.
Truth Wrote:I don't particularly wish any harm to Fairview. However, it would have been interesting if the investigation had involved the alleged use of Millseat apartments to house athletes coming from outside the district and even outside the state. It would have been interesting to learn of the owners of those apartments. It would be interesting to learn about payment of rent and by whom it was paid. For example, it would have been interesting to learn how a family moves to a small apartment in Millseat for the remainder of a boy's athletic eligibility and, during that stay, the boy gets his driver's license in Ohio.

There are a lot more questions that really need answering. However, the door is shut since Fairview self imposed and KHSAA accepted far harsher sanctions than would have been applied by KHSAA for one ineligible athlete. I believe Fairview did a good job of plea bargaining and mitigating its damage. As for the "rest of the story", it will never be officially known, will it? In the long run, chalk one up for the Eagles.

Fairview has now become Rose Hill North. You of all people should be very familiar with the process of operations of the KHSAA. After the three stooges screwed Rose Hill many vacated the premises. I suspect it will happen at Fairview as well.

But my main question to you Moe, is why the fascination with Mike Terry? Give it a break. You have kept him alive over the last two years by ever so gently and surreptitiously injecting his situation every chance you can get.

He is now in fear of his life because of your constant surveillance and is now in witness protection. So hats off to you high and mighty hypocrite that once pounded his chest against those that dared to question you and your evil motives and scams concerning illegal dealings within the confines of the school.

My suggestion to you is to track Mike's mom down and ask her to inject a RIFD and start tracking his every move. You are a sick individual that needs to move on with his life. Tell Larry, Curly and Shem howdy!:Thumbs:
I think this has alot to do with last year. The Khsaa thought they had fairview dead to rights. Till a local judge played politics and ruled in fairviews a favor to gain votes. There was definately a little bit of a vendetta on the khsaa part.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:Fairview has now become Rose Hill North. You of all people should be very familiar with the process of operations of the KHSAA. After the three stooges screwed Rose Hill many vacated the premises. I suspect it will happen at Fairview as well.

But my main question to you Moe, is why the fascination with Mike Terry? Give it a break. You have kept him alive over the last two years by ever so gently and surreptitiously injecting his situation every chance you can get.

He is now in fear of his life because of your constant surveillance and is now in witness protection. So hats off to you high and mighty hypocrite that once pounded his chest against those that dared to question you and your evil motives and scams concerning illegal dealings within the confines of the school.

My suggestion to you is to track Mike's mom down and ask her to inject a RIFD and start tracking his every move. You are a sick individual that needs to move on with his life. Tell Larry, Curly and Shem howdy!:Thumbs:

For some reason you are still jealous of the "Three Stooges". And now you are attributing "evil motives" on my part. I guess we did make a lasting impression on you. Of course, you and your family seemed to greatly benefit from and to enjoy the fruits of our labor for a long time, didn't you? In the end, ingrates like you make everything rather amusing. You should be thanking us rather than snipping at our heels.

And, by the way, it is "Shemp" and not "Shem".
ballboy Wrote:Gary McPeek I believe was the coach at Hazard back in the early 90s or late 80s. I believe can someone give me insight to that
I don't think he was coaching in the late 80's but could have been. I do know he was at Lawrence Co. in 2001 and coached for 3 years. He then resigned after some money issues :eyeroll:and went to Boyd Co. and took a few of the LC boy's with him. Although they still lived in Lawrence Co. sounds similar :redboxer:
His first stint was Jessup Ga before he was at Hazard. Wasn't at either very long.
Sad for the kids. The only thing good that will come for the kids, is to see that not obeying rules can get you in trouble !!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo the whole reason FHS self reported was thy knew that people within the school system were fed up, area schools were fed up, and they were goina be reported either way. Therefor, they self reported, the KHSAA honored that and accepted their fine suggestion as well as the game forfeitures and added the post season ban. Imo by doing this the KHSAA either decided to not seek any further investigation involving other players eligibility or recruitment that ivolved special treatment or jobs to families with ball players OR they told Fairview they knew what else was going on, but by going about things this way, refusing to appeal and taking the probation, that they would drop it. Either way its done and over, Bill Musick got away with trowing the McPeaks under the bus, as usual he plays theheroes roll.

Fairview didn't self report they self sanctioned.
Dawg Family Wrote:I don't think he was coaching in the late 80's but could have been. I do know he was at Lawrence Co. in 2001 and coached for 3 years. He then resigned after some money issues :eyeroll:and went to Boyd Co. and took a few of the LC boy's with him. Although they still lived in Lawrence Co. sounds similar :redboxer:

Yes and I also noticed that when he came to Lawrence we had like 45 to 50 players on the roster and the next year we had so many players come out in the first game of the season that I got tired of counting when they came out on the field.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Fairview didn't self report they self sanctioned.

This is a very important point.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Yes and I also noticed that when he came to Lawrence we had like 45 to 50 players on the roster and the next year we had so many players come out in the first game of the season that I got tired of counting when they came out on the field.
You are right about the numbers I was very close to the program at that time and we did dress around 70 kids for a couple of years. Wish they could get that kind of numbers to come out agian.
Dawg Family Wrote:You are right about the numbers I was very close to the program at that time and we did dress around 70 kids for a couple of years. Wish they could get that kind of numbers to come out agian.

I can't remember the year but I do remember the game. It was the Pike Co Bowl and we were playing Pikeville. I think Belfry and Boyd Co had the early game, but when the dawgs came out of the locker room I counted about 70 when I quit and they were still coming. I would say that a few of those players were from out of Lawrence County, but I don't know that for a fact.
Like I have said on other posts if it is done legally then I see nothing wrong with kids transferring to another school to play a sport if they and the parents see a better opportunity for development and a chance to win something because this is America and we all have freedome of choice but legally is the key word.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I can't remember the year but I do remember the game. It was the Pike Co Bowl and we were playing Pikeville. I think Belfry and Boyd Co had the early game, but when the dawgs came out of the locker room I counted about 70 when I quit and they were still coming. I would say that a few of those players were from out of Lawrence County, but I don't know that for a fact.
Like I have said on other posts if it is done legally then I see nothing wrong with kids transferring to another school to play a sport if they and the parents see a better opportunity for development and a chance to win something because this is America and we all have freedome of choice but legally is the key word.
That would have been 2003 LC won that game 28-00 I think that was the score. And yes we had a few kids from Martin Co. Johnson Co. and of course a couple from Wayne Co. WV. We went 7 - 4 that year and lost to Rockcastle Co. 14-12 on a very bad call on the goal line as time was running out. That was Garry's last year at LC.
Truth Wrote:For some reason you are still jealous of the "Three Stooges". And now you are attributing "evil motives" on my part. I guess we did make a lasting impression on you. Of course, you and your family seemed to greatly benefit from and to enjoy the fruits of our labor for a long time, didn't you? In the end, ingrates like you make everything rather amusing. You should be thanking us rather than snipping at our heels.

And, by the way, it is "Shemp" and not "Shem".

Jealous? Not a chance. Thankful, yes. Your evil motives was all about making yourself look good and never about the kids. Wish we would have had Mike but Fairview got blessed with him. Just wish you put your demons to rest. I know you spend many a night regretting your decisions. It's okay...take cue from McPeek that you are on here trashing and confess your faults...you'll feel much better and please get over your infatuation with Mike Terry, you remind me of 12 year old boy that has a crush on his classmate.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:Jealous? Not a chance. Thankful, yes. Your evil motives was all about making yourself look good and never about the kids. Wish we would have had Mike but Fairview got blessed with him. Just wish you put your demons to rest. I know you spend many a night regretting your decisions. It's okay...take cue from McPeek that you are on here trashing and confess your faults...you'll feel much better and please get over your infatuation with Mike Terry, you remind me of 12 year old boy that has a crush on his classmate.

You were always a non-entity, Ashland Diomedes. You were always around to suck up whatever crumbs we threw to you. No more, no less. Merely a hanger on. You continue to be a non-entity and your expected poor grammar would tend to support that. You remind me of a slum lord.
Does anyone know if besides the runner up trophy and victories that are affected if Fariview's rushing records ( I thought they had set the state record for rushing yards in a single season) will be deleted as well?
Time to move on. The Fairview football program, community and school is paying the price. Delete, take a way, forfeit. Time to move on. Eye Sore the Apache Indian find a new team to hate on, there are plenty out there that are not on the uppity up. I will always B.I.T.W.!! Keep throwing stones all of you that are without sin.
I feel so horrible for the innocent kids involved, but the KHSAA done the professional way by doing what's right to a team that was corrupted by their headcoach and other staff. I doubt Fairview having even 30 kids next year due to this incident, Brown is already gone who else?
Clint Westwood Wrote:Time to move on. The Fairview football program, community and school is paying the price. Delete, take a way, forfeit. Time to move on. Eye Sore the Apache Indian find a new team to hate on, there are plenty out there that are not on the uppity up. I will always B.I.T.W.!! Keep throwing stones all of you that are without sin.

I was asking a question and you don't get to tell me what I can and can't ask. So if you don't know, then maybe someone else does. In the meantime, don't like what I have to say on here, actually be where you are supposed to be and do something about it. Funny how you cannot seem to post anything on here without bringing me into it, but you are just as big a loser as the school that you support blindly in spite of their cheating.
GrindinSport Wrote:I feel so horrible for the innocent kids involved, but the KHSAA done the professional way by doing what's right to a team that was corrupted by their headcoach and other staff. I doubt Fairview having even 30 kids next year due to this incident, Brown is already gone who else?

I think an obvious one is McPeek, and probably Thomas and Hightower. This is based on Twitter feed.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I think an obvious one is McPeek, and probably Thomas and Hightower. This is based on Twitter feed.

You are probably correct. Wee man you are a joke.
Clint Westwood Wrote:You are probably correct. Wee man you are a joke.

I was just answering the man's question is all.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I was just answering the man's question is all.

Last part of my post wasn't for you, sorry Ramcat77