Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview Sanctions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow, slam that hammer down.

This is horrible for the innocent kids involved. Especially the seniors on this team.
Fairview has to forfeit 19 games over the past two years, including having their 2012 state runner-up trophy vacated and banned from post season play in 2013...
Well....Fairviews plan worked to perfection. They self imposed to keep the KHSAA from digging any deeper and finding out what was really going on out there. WOW!!
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Wow, slam that hammer down.

This is horrible for the innocent kids involved. Especially the seniors on this team.

How horrible was it for the kids that got sent home from the playoffs last year because of these cheating fools? They didn't get half of what they deserved!
Wow! Didn't expect this.
How the ruling affects the Class A playoff matchups, according to the KHSAA: The vacated game between Fairview and the third-place team from the opposite district will be considered a forfeit by Fairview. No other adjustments will be made.

Fairview's record now officially stands at 4-5. All forfeits will be reflected on the team's record as 1-0 losses.

Fairview travels to James Gamble Montessori in Cincinnati tonight for its last game of the season.

In addition to the KHSAA sanctions, the school has also accepted the resignations of head football coach Nathan McPeek, effective after today's game, and athletic director Garry McPeek, which has already taken effect.

Garry McPeek also resigned as principal and is no longer an assistant coach.

Nathan McPeek remains a teacher at the high school, while Garry McPeek has been reassigned to Fairview Elementary where he is a physical education instructor.

Chris Perkins, a transfer from Ashland, played all of last season and the first four games of this season. According to Perkins, he repeated his academic junior year at Fairview upon transferring. The KHSAA did not name Perkins in its release, but it has ruled that the student-athlete wasn't eligible to compete in athletics in the fall of 2012 or 2013.

"I had no knowledge of the student-athlete being academically ineligible," said Nathan McPeek in a statement. "I have put my heart and soul into this program and results have spoken for themselves … I was asked to resign as head football coach due to the investigation."

Perkins said he quit the team after Fairview beat Hazard, 30-27, on Sept. 20. The defensive end also said he was not informed of his ineligibility at any point and that did not factor into quitting.
Couldn't happen to a group of better people Smile
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:How horrible was it for the kids that got sent home from the playoffs last year because of these cheating fools? They didn't get half of what they deserved!

Simply saying it was horrible for the innocent ones involved. Nothing else.
E's Army Wrote:Wow! Didn't expect this.

Please tell me you didn't expect them to be so lenient on them. They should have brought in a demolition team and took the place apart! it's an outrage!!
Lawrence County is now 7-2
Hazard is now 8-1

So let me make sure I am reading this correctly:

"1. The Fairview football program will be suspended from all official activity (practice, competition, meetings and other activities) effective Tuesday, November 5, 2013 until the first allowable reported day of spring practice in football for 2014."

So now Pikeville gets a BYE in the 1st Round.. Paintsville becomes the 2 seed and gets to host for the 1st Round , and Nicholas County is the 3 seed?

I am seeing this correctly that Fairview's season is done come Tuesday?
I have been following this story from a distance and I do partly agree that it is a little harsh on those that are innocent but its a good life lesson if you cheat you will always be caught... (Unless your school name starts with a T ConfusednickerSmile
How was Mcpeek a principal and assistant coach?
You cant do that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How was Mcpeek a principal and assistant coach?
You cant do that.

I just posted what the local paper said.
http://dailyindependent.com/local/x86219...s-Fairview
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lawrence County is now 7-2
Hazard is now 8-1

"1. The Fairview football program will be suspended from all official activity (practice, competition, meetings and other activities) effective Tuesday, November 5, 2013 until the first allowable reported day of spring practice in football for 2014."

So now Pikeville gets a BYE in the 1st Round.. Paintsville becomes the 2 seed and gets to host for the 1st Round , and Nicholas County is the 3 seed?

They said the seeding of Fairview district wont change, only that Fairview will forfeit the first round game. No seedings will be change, only the forfeit.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I just posted what the local paper said.
http://dailyindependent.com/local/x86219...s-Fairview

I know. It was not intended at you, i was simply asking a question.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Well....Fairviews plan worked to perfection. They self imposed to keep the KHSAA from digging any deeper and finding out what was really going on out there. WOW!!

You've got me curious......... Care to explain
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lawrence County is now 7-2
Hazard is now 8-1

Pikeville still faces Nicholas. Fairview forfeits to #3 seed in other district.
Paintsville will come to Pikeville in round 2!!!!Confusedinglepar
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville still faces Nicholas. Fairview forfeits to #3 seed in other district.

HAHA.. ya'll ready for me to blow your minds with atrocious football?

In addition to all of this, the 2/3/4 seeds in District 8 are in the weakest 3-way tie-breaker of All-Time

South Floyd/Allen Central/Phelps are a combined 6-21... currently the tie-breaker points go:

South Floyd 2
Hillcrest (OH) -1
Jenkins- 1

Allen Central 1
Jenkins-1

Phelps 0
No Wins

Phelps plays Hurley, VA (3-5)
Allen Central plays Knott Central (3-6)
South Floyd plays East Ridge (5-4)

Likely no team gains a single tie-breaker point tonight as the odds are good all three lose and Jenkins/Hillcrest both lose as well.

So right now as it stands South Floyd and AC have the inside track on Phelps thanks to wins over Jenkins... a Jenkins team whose lone win this season that gives them their point was over Phelps. If I am correct about the tie-breaker then that means SF would get the 2 seed with a whopping 2 points from wins over a pair of 1-9 teams, but a Phelps team who is likely to finish without a single tie-breaker point finishes as the 3 seed by way of defeating Allen Central head to head and thus get to have a First Round Bye and reach the 2nd Round despite likely having a 1-9 overall record. HAHA

Has bad football ever been such a controversy? Is this the lowest combined points ever accumulated in a 3-way tiebreaker for the 2,3,4 seeds in a District of all-time? If I am correct would this mark the first time ever that a 1 win team made it to the 2nd Round of the playoffs?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How was Mcpeek a principal and assistant coach?
You cant do that.

To answer this you are wrong you can, but MOST school district do not allow it. It just depends on the board or superintendents take on it
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA.. ya'll ready for me to blow your minds with atrocious football?

In addition to all of this, the 2/3/4 seeds in District 8 are in the weakest 3-way tie-breaker of All-Time

South Floyd/Allen Central/Phelps are a combined 6-21... currently the tie-breaker points go:

South Floyd 2
Hillcrest (OH) -1
Jenkins- 1

Allen Central 1
Jenkins-1

Phelps 0
No Wins

Phelps plays Hurley, VA (3-5)
Allen Central plays Knott Central (3-6)
South Floyd plays East Ridge (5-4)

Likely no team gains a single tie-breaker point tonight as the odds are good all three lose and Jenkins/Hillcrest both lose as well.

So right now as it stands South Floyd and AC have the inside track on Phelps thanks to wins over Jenkins... a Jenkins team whose lone win this season that gives them their point was over Phelps. If I am correct about the tie-breaker then that means SF would get the 2 seed with a whopping 2 points from wins over a pair of 1-9 teams, but a Phelps team who is likely to finish without a single tie-breaker point finishes as the 3 seed by way of defeating Allen Central head to head and thus get to have a First Round Bye and reach the 2nd Round despite likely having a 1-9 overall record. HAHA

Has bad football ever been such a controversy? Is this the lowest combined points ever accumulated in a 3-way tiebreaker for the 2,3,4 seeds in a District of all-time? If I am correct would this mark the first time ever that a 1 win team made it to the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

Raceland will have to play 2 of those teams before playing Pikeville lol...at least Pikeville gets to play a decent team.
[quote=Pulp Fiction]You've got me curious......... Care to explain[/QUOT

Did the KHSAA come in and start digging for info about out of state Kids still living in Wva and ohio. Did they come in and dig for info about the super putting kids in an apartment complex to use as an address. No they didn't they took the self imposed sanctionsthat the cheaters suggested. Outrageous!! Holy crap!! if i'm going to punish a program or school the last person i am going to take advice from is the schol that i'm punishing! Are you Kidding me!! I'm Livid!! With feelings of Enui!!! and Vexation!!
I guess we can officially add them to my pretender list.
This is bad for the kids and innocent player i have a feeling this story is not over with :igiveup: Good luck in the future Fairview fans from 64sur
Observations:

1. Sometimes you self impose worse penalties on yourself than would likely result from the infraction if imposed by KHSAA. That, if it works and it did, pretty much ends the investigation and, if you are in danger of being further punished by other infractions, it isn't likely to ever see the light of day. In other words, you minimize the damage by allowing yourself to be over punished for a robbery but, by doing so, you avoid the murder charges.

2. I am tired of the "innocent children" crap. In regard to the athletic program and all who participate in it, directly or indirectly, there are no innocents. One would be quite naive to believe otherwise. Winning and accompanying accolades trumped everything else- from the "children" to the "grown ups".

3. The self serving statements of KHSAA and Musick sound like they were written by Obama's speech writers. The theme: "We are great, we are completely without fault, and everyone should be grateful that we are here to make everything right".
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville still faces Nicholas. Fairview forfeits to #3 seed in other district.

No. The Pikeville/Nicholas winner (Pikeville) will play the #3 seed from Pikeville"s District. Fairview (#2 seed) would have played the #3 seed in District 8.
In the immortal word of Cam Brady: Rainbow land is a ficticious place.
I just thought about this. Does thos mean we have to take our championship shirts back to the companies and have the score changed from 55-8 to 1-0.
BlueGold1 Wrote:No. The Pikeville/Nicholas winner (Pikeville) will play the #3 seed from Pikeville"s District. Fairview (#2 seed) would have played the #3 seed in District 8.

Crap you are right sir.
Pages: 1 2 3