Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview Sanctions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
jetpilot Wrote:Raceland will have to play 2 of those teams before playing Pikeville lol...at least Pikeville gets to play a decent team.

scratch that....well crap.
EKU is on point with his stuff.

Pikeville will play Nicholas County in the 1st round. And Allen Central in the 2nd Round (they will technically defeat Fairview in the first round). Both at home.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA.. ya'll ready for me to blow your minds with atrocious football?

In addition to all of this, the 2/3/4 seeds in District 8 are in the weakest 3-way tie-breaker of All-Time

South Floyd/Allen Central/Phelps are a combined 6-21... currently the tie-breaker points go:

South Floyd 2
Hillcrest (OH) -1
Jenkins- 1

Allen Central 1
Jenkins-1

Phelps 0
No Wins

Phelps plays Hurley, VA (3-5)
Allen Central plays Knott Central (3-6)
South Floyd plays East Ridge (5-4)

Likely no team gains a single tie-breaker point tonight as the odds are good all three lose and Jenkins/Hillcrest both lose as well.

So right now as it stands South Floyd and AC have the inside track on Phelps thanks to wins over Jenkins... a Jenkins team whose lone win this season that gives them their point was over Phelps. If I am correct about the tie-breaker then that means SF would get the 2 seed with a whopping 2 points from wins over a pair of 1-9 teams, but a Phelps team who is likely to finish without a single tie-breaker point finishes as the 3 seed by way of defeating Allen Central head to head and thus get to have a First Round Bye and reach the 2nd Round despite likely having a 1-9 overall record. HAHA

Has bad football ever been such a controversy? Is this the lowest combined points ever accumulated in a 3-way tiebreaker for the 2,3,4 seeds in a District of all-time? If I am correct would this mark the first time ever that a 1 win team made it to the 2nd Round of the playoffs?

The only thing this tie breaker settles is which team gets to get beat at home instead of taking a long drive for a similar result.
Im amazed at Musicks ability to make it seem that somehow through all of this he was not involved. "The school board and atheletic department take full reaponsibility"...not once does he mention himself in the mix. He is a catch me not, get out of jail free, over paid leader for a school system. If Nate and Gary have to go, he needs sanctioned just as much if not more. These things were issues long before the McPeeks ever came to FHS. Musick has had problems everywhere he has went. The fact that he gets off free really bothers me. Kids and Fairview deserve a Super that will do what is right.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Stude...51381.html

One of the sentences that caught my eye......

"The $5,000 fine will be paid and distributed in the following manner: $2,800 restitution to the KHSAA for travel allowances paid during the 2012 State Football Finals, $550 redistribution to each of the four member schools Fairview defeated in the 2012 state playoffs."

So that means that 4 teams had their football seasons end by cheating and they get $550 dollars back from FHS......?
Not all cheaters get caught.

But this should give some pause to those contemplating similar activities.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Im amazed at Musicks ability to make it seem that somehow through all of this he was not involved. "The school board and atheletic department take full reaponsibility"...not once does he mention himself in the mix. He is a catch me not, get out of jail free, over paid leader for a school system. If Nate and Gary have to go, he needs sanctioned just as much if not more. These things were issues long before the McPeeks ever came to FHS. Musick has had problems everywhere he has went. The fact that he gets off free really bothers me. Kids and Fairview deserve a Super that will do what is right.

Combine Musick's sketchy history with Garry's sketchy history and that should definitely raise a red flag.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Stude...51381.html

One of the sentences that caught my eye......

"The $5,000 fine will be paid and distributed in the following manner: $2,800 restitution to the KHSAA for travel allowances paid during the 2012 State Football Finals, $550 redistribution to each of the four member schools Fairview defeated in the 2012 state playoffs."

So that means that 4 teams had their football seasons end by cheating and they get $550 dollars back from FHS......?

HAHA... based off what the Middlesboro poster said Pikeville can use that 550.00 to buy a used school bus instead of relying on horse drawn carriage to go to away games... OH HAPPY DAY!
Would like to have seen the outcome of Pikeville vs Fairview game this year.
So Allen Central gets an automatic win in the first round of the playoffs and then goes to Pikeville for the second round correct? Phelps goes to Raceland and Paintsville plays at South Floyd correct? The winner of Paintsville and South Floyd goes to Raceland for the second round game then right?
I have to commend the KHSAA, I honestly didn't believe anything would happen, outside of the McPeeks resigning. I do however believe that more needs to be done. Bill Musick should be terminated, immediately. With his arrival we witnessed a meteoric rise of the football team and over that same time the academics took a nose dive. The most recent test scores place the school near the bottom, all while they brag about their 100% graduation rate. I don't think they should stop with Musick, because I think this also shows major incompetence from the school board as well.
I see many posts from individuals(especially Raceland fans) who wanted more done in regards to recruiting. We have a public school in the 14th Region that Fairview doesn't even compare to. They have an entire basketball team of transfers from across North America.
I didn't expect the KHSAA to ban them from the playoffs this year, that's shocking
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I see many posts from individuals(especially Raceland fans) who wanted more done in regards to recruiting. We have a public school in the 14th Region that Fairview doesn't even compare to. They have an entire basketball team of transfers from across North America.

:biglmao:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I see many posts from individuals(especially Raceland fans) who wanted more done in regards to recruiting. We have a public school in the 14th Region that Fairview doesn't even compare to. They have an entire basketball team of transfers from across North America.

And so far they are all legal transfers. If you have proof they are not contact the KHSAA with facts. They seem to be in a good mood right now.
Truth Wrote:Observations:

1. Sometimes you self impose worse penalties on yourself than would likely result from the infraction if imposed by KHSAA. That, if it works and it did, pretty much ends the investigation and, if you are in danger of being further punished by other infractions, it isn't likely to ever see the light of day. In other words, you minimize the damage by allowing yourself to be over punished for a robbery but, by doing so, you avoid the murder charges.

2. I am tired of the "innocent children" crap. In regard to the athletic program and all who participate in it, directly or indirectly, there are no innocents. One would be quite naive to believe otherwise. Winning and accompanying accolades trumped everything else- from the "children" to the "grown ups".

3. The self serving statements of KHSAA and Musick sound like they were written by Obama's speech writers. The theme: "We are great, we are completely without fault, and everyone should be grateful that we are here to make everything right".

Amen to what is bolded. You will never convence me that 95% of the people at Fairview weren't at least suspecious. Furthermore, shame on the KHSAA for allowing it to get to this point. There would have been innocent victims if they had done their job 5 years ago.

The only victims are the kids at other schools who absolutely got hosed by Fairview, Nat McPeek, Gary McPeek, and most of all BILL MUSICK.

Cordia is hardly the only guilty party in the 14th. Take a look at PCC and their ability to draw from the Northeast.
Iam4thecats Wrote:And so far they are all legal transfers. If you have proof they are not contact the KHSAA with facts. They seem to be in a good mood right now.

So are the other transfers that came to Fairview unless proven otherwise.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Cordia is hardly the only guilty party in the 14th. Take a look at PCC and their ability to draw from the Northeast.

You are right and if you do a little research you will see that I have been critical in the past of both of their(Perry Central) boys and girls programs of recruiting. The point I was making is everyone is jumping on Fairview like piranhas when there are other schools doing highly questionable things with many more recruits than they have.
"The KHSAA accepted the following penalties as proposed by Fairview Independent Schools, including the forfeiture of all contests during the 2012 season, the forfeiture of the first four contests of the 2013 football season, probation for the football program through the end of the 2017 season."

Implies the "death penalty" on the program until the 2018 season, but later, it says...

"1. The Fairview football program will be suspended from all official activity (practice, competition, meetings and other activities) effective Tuesday, November 5, 2013 until the first allowable reported day of spring practice in football for 2014."

Which is true ?? or is there a typo in the press release ??

:Sad04:
If you ask me the basketball team should be investigated too. a lot of the same out of state kids play and will be playing basketball as well. Assuming they all dont leave.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You are right and if you do a little research you will see that I have been critical in the past of both of their(Perry Central) boys and girls programs of recruiting. The point I was making is everyone is jumping on Fairview like piranhas when there are other schools doing highly questionable things with many more recruits than they have.

You're premise is flawed because you want the word transfer and recruit to mean the same thing and they don't.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Combine Musick's sketchy history with Garry's sketchy history and that should definitely raise a red flag.

Gary seems to have had all of his issues win the financial relm. Not taking money, but throwing it around with no regard to paper work or following proto...
Recruiting or ineligibility has never been an issue or stigma surrounding the McPeeks. It has however, followed Musicks butt around.
oneijoe Wrote:"The KHSAA accepted the following penalties as proposed by Fairview Independent Schools, including the forfeiture of all contests during the 2012 season, the forfeiture of the first four contests of the 2013 football season, probation for the football program through the end of the 2017 season."

Implies the "death penalty" on the program until the 2018 season, but later, it says...

"1. The Fairview football program will be suspended from all official activity (practice, competition, meetings and other activities) effective Tuesday, November 5, 2013 until the first allowable reported day of spring practice in football for 2014."

Which is true ?? or is there a typo in the press release ??

:Sad04:

They are both true. You missed the word probation in regard to the 2017 sentence.
Iam4thecats Wrote:They are both true. You missed the word probation in regard to the 2017 sentence.

Just didn't take the work "probation" correctly. My brain saw the word, but thought it meant "no football".

That WOULD be harsh !!
OneIJoe thought probation meant prohibition there for a minute. Wink
^ Silly ole BlackCat
Has anyone heard from Russellpride? Is he ok? Just curious...
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Silly ole BlackCat

LOL... NO kidding (esp. the "ole" part) !! :insane:
Fairview was not punished for recruiting but for playing an ineligible player. With the seriousness of the punishment I would have to believe the recruiting was considered or that playing the ineligible player was intentional and Fairview made an effort to cover it up.
Pages: 1 2 3