Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County @ Johnson Central 9/27
From what I saw in the kicking game, the outside blockers were allowing penetration to their inside shoulder...particularly on the right side of the line. That should be an easy fix. I think that blocking will improve as the season goes along.
The eagles drop a goose egg in Cannonsburg. Running clock early so the eagles can get back down 23 in time to watch Football Friday night
JC 56
Bc 0
The game is played in Johnsonville.
I hope this is a district game or an off week Johnson central 63 Boyd co 06:Clap::Clap::Clap:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The game is played in Johnsonville.

My bad dont know what I was thinking. Eagles defannantly gets home early in light of these new details
JC only won 37-6 last season @ Boyd Co.
Playing Highlands is always my favorite game. And Belfry next.
Central
Boyd Co.'s past 6 seasons per khsaa.org scoreboard.

2012: 5-6; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2011: 5-6; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2010: 1-10; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2009: 2-9; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2008: 7-5; L 2nd Rd. of Playoffs
2007: 5-7; L 2nd Rd. of Playoffs
The weather looks like it will nice for Friday Night.
Emmit Brown Wrote:One..wrong thread, you created this one about Boyd Co and there is another thread about the Harlan game.

Two..never question anything a great coach like Coach Larkey does, he has a state title under his belt. I'm sure everything he does is for a reason.

Three..Wilson was open, but wide open he was not. He was 2 steps behind the corner and the safety was slow getting over top. Wide open is usually used when no one is within 10 yards.

Four..since you have been so critical of the FG blocking, defense, and now second guessing a state champion coach, ask Coach Matney to be on his staff. From what I have been told, you are at practice a lot.

Now to the actual thread, since this is going to be my only post. Boyd Co has had a rough start and make the trip to Johnson Co. JC is coming off a very impressive and emotional win. This could be a trap game, however, I look for JC to regroup and take care of business again. JV in early.

JC - 62
Boyd - 6

One... Who died and made you king of BGR? Two.... Eagles2011 is right, HC laid down after JC took a 14 point lead! I was on there sideline and the big LB from JC had them shook up! Three.... Coach Larkey may have a state title under his belt but he didn't have his team ready to play last Friday night! Now to the Actual thread, I saw lots of things last Friday night that JC needs to improve on if they want to have chance at beating a team like HHS. The kicking games needs to improve, failure to catch punts can add up to big yardage! Boyd Co will not stop the JC running game, I see a score of 45 to 6
JC a whoooole lot with possibly a record breaking field goal)pettery tied then broke the record in back to back weeks)

BC a little...maybe 0.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Boyd Co.'s past 6 seasons per khsaa.org scoreboard.

2012: 5-6; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2011: 5-6; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2010: 1-10; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2009: 2-9; L 1st Rd. of Playoffs
2008: 7-5; L 2nd Rd. of Playoffs
2007: 5-7; L 2nd Rd. of Playoffs

Boyd Co. is at a point to where there football future lies in there feeder system. They need to focus on the youth of Boyd Co football. It starts when they first put on the pads and start learning basic football skills. Such as tackling, blocking, general fundamentals and knowledge of the game. Invest in the future Boyd Co. Kids cant show up to high school just now learning the basic fundamental's of the game.
Boyd County is where we were before we hired Matney. They've made several mediocre hires in a row since Bill Tom Ross (who turned out to be a mediocre hire himself, probably because of his stroke). I feel for them. I remember when the Lions were a fearsome opponent. Like in 2000, when JC went to Cannonsburg for the district title and he held out Fugeman for the second half but the gambit failed and Scott Salyer crossed the goal line in the last minute to clinch JC's first 10-0 season. I remember nearly crying with joy. THAT was a game. And Fugeman was a player. Wonder what happened to that guy...
honestjchsfan Wrote:One... Who died and made you king of BGR? Two.... Eagles2011 is right, HC laid down after JC took a 14 point lead! I was on there sideline and the big LB from JC had them shook up! Three.... Coach Larkey may have a state title under his belt but he didn't have his team ready to play last Friday night! Now to the Actual thread, I saw lots of things last Friday night that JC needs to improve on if they want to have chance at beating a team like HHS. The kicking games needs to improve, failure to catch punts can add up to big yardage! Boyd Co will not stop the JC running game, I see a score of 45 to 6

Thank you for running the chains.

I will agree though, there is room for improvement everywhere.
JC
JC 103
Boyd 7
JC will be to much for the Lions. It would be a good game for JC to open it up a little bit but they might get to the running clock to quick.
Boyd count needs to drop there footballprogram.
Boyd doesn't need to drop football. They just need to get better. With a little support they can get there. Knox Central was a door mat for years. They have a very good program now.
Johnson county. Will not lose a game in the mountains this year. I on see belfry playing them close. But the big games will come up in the playoffs. I think when you schedule easy teams during the season. It will catch up with you in the long run.
Boyd county football program is a joke. Get serious. The only teams in the mountains that are legit are johnson central. Belfry. Hazard. Harlan county is a joke cant even beat teams that are lower classification then them. And they are a 5A team.
Coach matteny needs to quit pampering some of his players. If they cant get it done pull them out. Cant make all the parents happy. Grow up if your kid cant play ball try something else. I heard on his radio talk show if they overload the side where jordan ray is getting the ball we will give it to someone else. Are you serious i dont know any coach who game plan is to come in and try to stop jordan ray or the fullback at johnson central.
Coach mattent needs to start playing teams from westetn kentucky or norhern kentucky. So he can get a better fill about his players he has. Instead of playing teams from canada and a alternative school out of indiana. Get serious.
You got to give paintsville its prop. That coach has did in outstanding job there. Should get coach of the year in the mountains.
johnson central we will this game by the end of the 1st quarter. Like i said boyd county shoulddrop there football program.
You obviously have not got clue! For starters Josh Dillon and Jordan Ray are just as dangerous as belcher! You sir give me a head ache and have absolutely made your self look like a complete dumb ass Thank God you are not a coach! Tell you what why dont you go to the locker room and talk to coach Matney and tell him what you think! I am also sure that some of the other kids parents would love to hear what you think about thier kids.