Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 47 Harlan 2
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Intimidator I looked up some stats and even if we dont have Edwards and Poindexter next week AP hasn't scored all year... And edwards has only thrown 3 tds and rushed for I think 2 but has also fumbled the ball atleast 10 times and thrown 2 ints... I still think we are fine next week with or without them...
both players play both ways , Poindexter is probably our best defensive player and on offense He is a 6'6 wide receiver with speed and the ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. You don't replace those 2 guys .
Intimidator Wrote:both players play both ways , Poindexter is probably our best defensive player and on offense He is a 6'6 wide receiver with speed and the ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. You don't replace those 2 guys .
Their both very good... But just hasn't lived up to the hype this year... Edwards has showed little improvement and Poindexter hasn't done much... As for defense I dont know what your seeing but Pittman is def our best defensive player...
Austin could have gone, just held out for precautionary reasons, trainers call. Edwards turned ankle ready to go back in , but why. I think they will be fine. Foister looked good at QB. Edwards should be back.

Pikeville is very good. It will be another test. For those of you that think they have not been tested Bell 34- Knox 12. They have been and will face a Pikeville team that is probally better than Bell.
Pittman is a beast and so is Poindexter this year they stuck him at DE but I think he's better suited at safety like last year.
AP is the best def. player ......yes he is. and ask Bell what it is like having AP and Brock on the outside threats. They doubled them and opened it up inside early. So this is a team effort. All are important.
TheKingOfTheWorld Wrote:Starters was out after 40-0 halftime lead... Dont care what nobody says this Mboro squad is extremely underrated...

Please read this thread....

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=99032

It really helps to keep the site clean and easy to sort through.
Please spell out teams full names. There are many schools with the same initials and not everyone may know who Mboro is.

Thanks, Gut.
Not saying all isn't important but if you watch at some the hits pittman puts on them and the way he times those snaps on blitzes he is def the best defensive player by far... But yeah Poindexter is def better as a safety no way your passing the kid... But in my honest opinion and lots of others I've talked to Pittman is by far the best defensive player but def takes a team to win...
Yeah beating Harlan bad isnt impressive but at the same time it is. If you believe you are a legit team then you should beat the teams you should beat by a large margin. Anybody on here around back in 1998 when the Jackets were in class A and had 50 and 60 pt leads at halftime. I am sure alot of people doubted that team too because of the whole "well they dont play anybody". Memory serves me they won the State Title beating Beechwood and ending their at the time 47 game winning streak and then Mayfield 27-6 and Mayfield was averaging 55 pts a game.

So the point is all you have to do is beat who you are supposed to beat and win the games that should be good games and that my friends makes you a contender no matter what. So all the "middlesboro hasnt played anybody and Bell Co is down" means squat.
He is an OLB not DE. It is like a SS. When they go cov.2 he is the safety. He has put on about 15 lbs in muscle and shuts down the outside. That is why the ILBers are doing so well. Again a team, Individuals will not get it done.
didn't say individuals will get it done... I said it takes a team... Your stating you think AP is the best defensive player I'm stating that I by far think Pittman is the best defensive player... But without one another neither would do much...
then sir we totally agree. This def must get better. I was letting Int. know he was a safety type player. He plays on top of TE if they have one. But we do agree, so we can enjoy the post.
FlippedOut Wrote:then sir we totally agree. This def must get better. I was letting Int. know he was a safety type player. He plays on top of TE if they have one. But we do agree, so we can enjoy the post.
Yes we can... Guess we all got our opinions.. But we are all jacket fans so lets just hope for a good season and hope the boys keep performing good enough for the fans to not notice one player better than another...
Harlan has fallen on hard times after graduating a very good senior class last year.