Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top Ten presented by Alice Lloyd College
E's Army Wrote:Whitley County would win 50% of their games against the top 7. They are being overlooked this year.

I agree Whitley could beat 5 or 6 of this top 10. They should be rated in top 10.:igiveup::igiveup:
This is why they call it predictions. It is too early to tell. I do believe Harlan County will prove to be very strong this year.
E's Army Wrote:Whitley County would win 50% of their games against the top 7. They are being overlooked this year.

I guarantee you Whitley County would not win 50% of their games against the top 7...

I think it mostly has to do with the fact that they know Whitley will lose some games. As you know the mtn top ten is a beauty contest, not a who would beat who. If a school doesnt lose a game they'll be in the top ten even if theyd get hammered by other teams.

Although Whitley could very well beat most of the teams on that list, they start out with MW which they are big underdogs in. Then, Whitley would drop and it wouldnt make sense anyways.

All be told, i can see why they do it the way they do. If you went by a who would beat who scenario, then the teams would hardly ever change.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I guarantee you Whitley County would not win 50% of their games against the top 7...

Are you sure about that?

Lets take the top 8 so we got an even number.
1. Harlan County (10)
2. Belfry (9)
3. Johnson Central (8)
4. Somerset (7)
5. Knox Central (6)
6. Pulaski County (5)
7. Williamsburg (4)
8. Bell County (3)

Whitley plays three of those teams, so that will give you the answer.
However, to say that you "guarantee" they wouldnt is kind of ludacris.

I think they would lose to the top three, but truth be told, Whitley should be even, or even the favorite against the rest of the teams.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Are you sure about that?

1. Harlan County (10)
2. Belfry (9)
3. Johnson Central (8)
4. Somerset (7)
5. Knox Central (6)
6. Pulaski County (5)
7. Williamsburg (4)
8. Bell County (3)

I think they would lose to the top three, but truth be told, Whitley should be even, or even the favorite against the rest of the teams.

Positive. The fact that he said 7 is precisely why I guaranteed that they would not win 50% of their games vs the top 7...You spoiled it by making it 8.
I was with you Walt.. and thought the same thing when I read it... I was going to ask "Which Game would be called due to lightning tied in the 2nd Quarter?"
WhyLie Wrote:Knox and Williamsburg both are to high. There will be a big difference next week. Some are in the top ten on last year performance and some legit. It will all shake out in a couple weeks.

Why lie don't no the truth get over it Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
I guess Pulaski moves to 4 with Somerset falling out of the top 10.

1. Harlan County (10)
2. Belfry (9)
3. Johnson Central (8)
4. Somerset (7)
5. Knox Central (6)
6. Pulaski County (5)
7. Williamsburg (4)
8. Bell County (3)

[Image: http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3934503/ludacris-o.gif] GIFSoup

FWIW, I like the idea of the Mtn Top Ten being like the EKU Power Rankings he puts out. Helps level the field for all the coverage area teams and rewards them for success. Most people will realize it is not all about who would beat who.
In the real world....

1. Harlan County

2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Pulaski County

5. Knox Central

2-4 is interchangeable.
PC might be better than the other two. Who knows.

1. Harlan County (10)
2. Belfry (9)
3. Johnson Central (8)
4. Somerset (7)
5. Knox Central (6)
6. Pulaski County (5)
7. Williamsburg (4)
8. Bell County (3)

Ludacris is a rapper. Nothing against you, but I will point this out every time I see it so I don't have to scream and gouge my eyeballs out with a steak knife.
jetpilot Wrote:Ludacris is a rapper. Nothing against you, but I will point this out every time I see it so I don't have to scream and gouge my eyeballs out with a steak knife.

Im sorry Mr grammar police. Let me fix that for you.

LUDICROUS.