Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 61 Lexington Catholic 28
Wideleft01 Wrote:I hear the first weak class is the current 8th graders.

Oh they will pick several by next year.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I hear the first weak class is the current 8th graders.

You are right. That is my daughters class and the class is loaded with girl athletes but very weak with male athletes. A good sign for the program is my youngest (class of 2023 ) is about 70% males. HHS fans always looking toward the future. Confusednicker:
Wow, couldn't disagree more.

Granted, this team needs a quarterback to step up but they are loaded on both O and D lines. They have a ton of skill players. If you watched the FTFJL 8th grade both first teams hit hard and made plays.

They aren't the current freshman but that sort of talent doesn't come along that often. Dale will get this 8th grade team ready.
Amazing to watch the Fort Thomas Jr. Football league and all the QB stars and the RB stars only to move on the Highlands and become stars where ever Dale wants to put them.

Dads in the Jr. league will never make the future Higlands football stars in any position . Dale will. So to all those Dads that think their son will be the next HHS quarterback star, get over it.
Develop your son as a player and it will be much easier on you , your son, and Dale.
Apple01 Wrote:Wow, couldn't disagree more.

Granted, this team needs a quarterback to step up but they are loaded on both O and D lines. They have a ton of skill players. If you watched the FTFJL 8th grade both first teams hit hard and made plays.

They aren't the current freshman but that sort of talent doesn't come along that often. Dale will get this 8th grade team ready.

Wow, I must have really hit a nerve for you to sign up as a new member to post a reply. Welcome to the site we love new members(especially if they are Highlands fans). Early this year had 2 big HHS FANS (one a coach at HHS)ask me to name a 8th grader who was a stud athlete or might become one. I could not and their response was "not surprised because there is not". I have heard this from others too. A lot can change as boys mature so I am not saying there will not be any.
Wideleft01 Wrote:#70 for Lexcath made a mockery of the game at the end. Disgraceful behavior. Should be reprimanded by Lexcath.

He should be charged with assault. Bright future for this kid.:flush:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Can you dig it? Wrote:

He should be charged with assault. Bright future for this kid.:flush:
Assault? Seriously?
knightgrad Wrote:Assault? Seriously?

The kid is a punk from watching his play in that game, but being charged with assault is ridiculous. The refs should have caught that an ejected him. IMO. But assault is over the top.
knightgrad Wrote:Assault? Seriously?

You're right. Why rush it? I'll just keep an eye on the Kentucky Inmate listing for when it happens off the field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:You're right. Why rush it? I'll just keep an eye on the Kentucky Inmate listing for when it happens off the field.
I don't know about you, but I certainly made some regretful decisions as a 17/18 year old. Not condoning it, but it is what it is. From my own standard, I think I turned out alright. It's sad that a kid is being trashed on a public forum by an adult. Shameful in its own right.
knightgrad Wrote:I don't know about you, but I certainly made some regretful decisions as a 17/18 year old. Not condoning it, but it is what it is. From my own standard, I think I turned out alright. It's sad that a kid is being trashed on a public forum by an adult. Shameful in its own right.

Well, maybe if he hadn't pulled this kind of stunt the ENTIRE game and on EVERY SINGLE PLAY...Oops, my bad...when he wasn't looking like a bobble head with the multiple headbutting attempts, he was swinging his fist (multiple times) at the defensive player...
Bad behavior that was ignored by the refs and the Lex. Cath. coaches. The 1.06 mark incident was infront of the Lex Cath. bench. Tell me they didn't see it , and I have some beach front property in Harlan.

The film should be turned in to the KHSAA. With all the controversy with concusions in the NFL and such, this kind of behavior should be stopped. Heck, the US may not have football because of the effects of concusions. You have a high school football player that will not be playing in a state championship game because some $#@#$ just wanted to hurt him and it had nothing to do with the play. It happened the entire game with the same player and the refs did nothing.

I'm not the kind a person that believes in suing just for money and I would not do it in this case, however, I would go after the KHSAA, the officials, and Lexington Cathlic to make changes in policy and behavior so that this never happins again.
knightgrad Wrote:I don't know about you, but I certainly made some regretful decisions as a 17/18 year old. Not condoning it, but it is what it is. From my own standard, I think I turned out alright. It's sad that a kid is being trashed on a public forum by an adult. Shameful in its own right.

Yeah, I feel just terrible calling a thug a thug. It's clear that he's just a product of the hard streets and private schools of Lexington. Probably didn't get a smart phone for a month after all the other kids had one, and went rogue as a result.
Two kids from Highlands are going to miss playing in the state finals because of concussions resulting from his "regretful decisions". I just hope those that believe in Karma are right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Yeah, I feel just terrible calling a thug a thug. It's clear that he's just a product of the hard streets and private schools of Lexington. Probably didn't get a smart phone for a month after all the other kids had one, and went rogue as a result.
Two kids from Highlands are going to miss playing in the state finals because of concussions resulting from his "regretful decisions". I just hope those that believe in Karma are right.

You sound like an insecure hateful person that seeks vengence for everybody who does not agree with your sick opinions. You must live a miserable life if you get satisfaction by calling youngsters hateful names. Get a life.
granddad Wrote:You sound like an insecure hateful person that seeks vengence for everybody who does not agree with your sick opinions. You must live a miserable life if you get satisfaction by calling youngsters hateful names. Get a life.

A youngster? Are you kidding me? A senior? 240 pound, 6'1-2" lineman charging after players 40-50 pounds lighter and shorter swinging his head at them? If he caught them the head hit up to 3 times per play and if he couldn't catch them to head butt them, he punched them instead. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.. INTENTIONALLY hurting another player is WRONG! Do you not get that concept? Totally premeditated and he should have been ejected from the game!
skycvg Wrote:A youngster? Are you kidding me? A senior? 240 pound, 6'1-2" lineman charging after players 40-50 pounds lighter and shorter swinging his head at them? If he caught them the head hit up to 3 times per play and if he couldn't catch them to head butt them, he punched them instead. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.. INTENTIONALLY hurting another player is WRONG! Do you not get that concept? Totally premeditated and he should have been ejected from the game!
I have watched the film three times now. There is only one incident involving both a LC and HHS player throwing punches. Never during the course of the game did #70 throw a punch.
knightgrad Wrote:I have watched the film three times now. There is only one incident involving both a LC and HHS player throwing punches. Never during the course of the game did #70 throw a punch.

Then you need some serious glasses.. The entire game is on hudl. We saw the punch from the highlands sidelines plain as day. Went back to look at plays 171-176, LC's last offensive drive. First four plays were major head butts, number 5 was the punch and number six, had #9 staying out his reach so #70 failed to land anything on that play.
knightgrad Wrote:I have watched the film three times now. There is only one incident involving both a LC and HHS player throwing punches. Never during the course of the game did #70 throw a punch.

Well, if nothing else you've proven that you can get a job as a high school football official.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
granddad Wrote:You sound like an insecure hateful person that seeks vengence for everybody who does not agree with your sick opinions. You must live a miserable life if you get satisfaction by calling youngsters hateful names. Get a life.

Yeah, you're right, Pops. It's all on me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Well, if nothing else you've proven that you can get a job as a high school football official.

:thatsfunn

Should have about four openings...

Please go back and reread my post. I never mentioned a play with an LC and an HHS player both throwing punches. #70 for LC threw punches AT HHS players all night if he couldn't catch them long enough to head butt them...
Can you dig it? Wrote:Yeah, you're right, Pops. It's all on me.

Your remarks about the young man are tantamount to cyber bulling and for the sole purpose of causing great emtional distress to the boy and his parents. I cannot imagine that you represent the opions of the Highlands coach and administration. I would contine this battle of wits but I can tell you are unarmed.
granddad Wrote:Your remarks about the young man are tantamount to cyber bulling and for the sole purpose of causing great emtional distress to the boy and his parents. I cannot imagine that you represent the opions of the Highlands coach and administration. I would contine this battle of wits but I can tell you are unarmed.

Emotional distress? Reaching on that one...How can you cause emotional distress to someone that is proud of his actions? His head did not repeatedly slam into other players heads by accident. He was not pushed into those players. He used his head as a weapon on multiple players over the course of the game. When he failed to catch the defensive player, he swung at them instead. Injuries in football are going to happen, but when you have a player intentionally trying to hurt an opposing teams players, then something needs to be said about it.

Opinions on forums do not represent schools and coaches views. No one on here has stated that anyone is representing HHS's coaches and administration. Not quite sure where that came from...

All that is being said is that #70 spent the entire game relying on dirty play that unfortunately was not caught by the refs. Some of these occured literally within two feet in front of a ref. And because of his actions, a senior will not get to play in his last football game and state championship game. If he was remorseful, that would be one thing. If it didn't occur throughout the game, that would be another thing. But he brags about it, and continued his actions as he knew nothing would be done. Others have stated that this was not the only game where #70 pulled these stunts.

Deny all you want, but his actions speak volumes.
granddad Wrote:Your remarks about the young man are tantamount to cyber bulling and for the sole purpose of causing great emtional distress to the boy and his parents. I cannot imagine that you represent the opions of the Highlands coach and administration. I would contine this battle of wits but I can tell you are unarmed.

Yes, that's it. I'M the bully! If the kid is so emotionally distressed, why is he tweeting to the world about what a hero he is for his actions in the Highlands game? I'm sure his parents are proud of the way he represented his school and family on Friday. I can't speak for the Highlands coaching and administration, but from what I've heard, they considered heading straight to the locker room after the game on Friday, but they shook hands with the thugs anyway. That's more class than I would have bothered to show. Now, are we truly done, or do you have more big words you'd like to spell incorrectly?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's the biggest pile of BS I've ever read on here!
Can you dig it? Wrote:Yes, that's it. I'M the bully! If the kid is so emotionally distressed, why is he tweeting to the world about what a hero he is for his actions in the Highlands game? I'm sure his parents are proud of the way he represented his school and family on Friday. I can't speak for the Highlands coaching and administration, but from what I've heard, they considered heading straight to the locker room after the game on Friday, but they shook hands with the thugs anyway. That's more class than I would have bothered to show. Now, are we truly done, or do you have more big words you'd like to spell incorrectly?

:thatsfunn. Confusednicker: