Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County kids and College Football..what is the problem?
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:The new coaching staff especially head man Mack Brian is gonna make a HUGE difference. He nor any of the other coaches are gonna put up with any crap. That was made clear to us (the whole team) the first team meeting. And believe be he wasn't lying, one of our "thugs" started running his mouth on our QB's the FIRST day of practice and coach lit into him bad, shut him up quick, didn't hear another word from him the rest of spring ball. I'll tell you something else that alot of you don't know, the first thing coach Brian and his staff did when they got here was started researching on local players. I know for a FACT there were 6 Seniors from Paintsville who came up and visited, not only that the coaches spent ALL last week visiting ALL the local high schools to meet with coaches and players to try and get them up here to play. If you don't wanna come watch this year cause of the "thugs" that will still be playing I can understand, but give it a year and the local talent will start rolling in at PC. Brian is the same as Wells (new basketball coach) is with basketball, when it comes to area players, he is gonna bring em in and he is gonna turn them into good college ball players.
I hope so I believe if they will do that and not put up with so much stuff and play some more local players they will compete better, have more fun, and draw alot better attendance. I know if they did that I would be at the games.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:The new coaching staff especially head man Mack Brian is gonna make a HUGE difference. He nor any of the other coaches are gonna put up with any crap. That was made clear to us (the whole team) the first team meeting. And believe be he wasn't lying, one of our "thugs" started running his mouth on our QB's the FIRST day of practice and coach lit into him bad, shut him up quick, didn't hear another word from him the rest of spring ball. I'll tell you something else that alot of you don't know, the first thing coach Brian and his staff did when they got here was started researching on local players. I know for a FACT there were 6 Seniors from Paintsville who came up and visited, not only that the coaches spent ALL last week visiting ALL the local high schools to meet with coaches and players to try and get them up here to play. If you don't wanna come watch this year cause of the "thugs" that will still be playing I can understand, but give it a year and the local talent will start rolling in at PC. Brian is the same as Wells (new basketball coach) is with basketball, when it comes to area players, he is gonna bring em in and he is gonna turn them into good college ball players.

I hope he got rid of the OC or DC that added to the problems, I can't remember the one it was.