Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central vs Boone Co (PNC/KHSAA Sweet 16) 3/15
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Please don't start this over again, Pcc has no place in this thread.
Yeah, you arm chair coaches are funny ha!ha!. Hatcher is a quality coach. Maybe instead of making an excuse for PCC, you should brag on Buckhorn. Obviously you should go to school get your degree and volunteer to coach PCC so we could see perfection.
I am sick and tired of hearing how good Justice is and how good he can shoot, but if you people truly watched a KCC game you would know who the man on that team is and its not Justice. Yes Justice is a great shooter, but Davis the senior is the Back bone of the team. He does it all. I am a LCC fan but honestly The Davis kids does it all I hope great things for this team especially for that senior playing with bad knees. He has the heart of a champion and that is something special to watch even if he does play against us.
Cant wait
surgeon Wrote:I am sick and tired of hearing how good Justice is and how good he can shoot, but if you people truly watched a KCC game you would know who the man on that team is and its not Justice. Yes Justice is a great shooter, but Davis the senior is the Back bone of the team. He does it all. I am a LCC fan but honestly The Davis kids does it all I hope great things for this team especially for that senior playing with bad knees. He has the heart of a champion and that is something special to watch even if he does play against us.

Most Knott fans are proud of and appreciate what both young men do on the court! However, very thankful for Zach's leadership!
The team left for Lexington earlier.. Good luck boys!
Game 6

Boone Co. vs. Knott Central

Boone County

Region: 9th • Record: 27-7 • Enrollment: 1,500

Coach's résumé

Greg McQueary is in his eighth year (158-83) with the Rebels. He has also coached at Bardstown and Caldwell County, and has 307 career victories. He played for Taylor County's 1983 Sweet Sixteen team.

Starters

Player Height Class Points

Zane McQueary 6-6 Sr. 17.6

Cooper Downs 5-10 Sr. 9.6

Chase Stanley 5-8 Sr. 13.8

Keenan Palmer 6-0 Sr. 5.2

Jakeith Pitts 5-8 Sr. 7.0

Scouting report

Boone County is capable of lighting it up from three-point range, but it's been winning lately because of its offensive and defensive execution in the half-court. "That's what you have to do in post-season basketball," McQueary said. Zane McQueary and Stanley are the Rebels' most reliable scorers. Palmer plays bigger than his size and leads the team in rebounding (5.2 rpg). Free-throw shooting is a strength, as the Rebels showed in going 12-for-12 from the line in the fourth quarter of a 54-49 region finals win over Newport Central Catholic.

'First' priority

Boone County has an obvious goal as it plays in the state tournament for the fourth time. It wants to win a Sweet Sixteen game for the first time. Allen Feldhaus Sr., who was a longtime coach at Mason County, was on the Rebels' first region championship team in 1956.

Player to watch

Zane McQueary, the coach's son, is a true student-athlete. "He's scored in the 30s on the ACT and in the 30s on the court," his dad said. Zane McQueary is Boone County's main inside threat, but he's also comfortable on the perimeter. He's shooting 38 percent from three-point range. He's also hitting 84 percent from the foul line (102 of 122). Zane McQueary, who is drawing interest from Division III colleges, wants to major in engineering. "Whatever he decides, he's got his priorities right," his dad said.

Sweet history

This is the Rebels' first state tournament since 1996, and their fourth appearance overall. They're still looking for their first victory.

Knott Co. Central

Region: 14th • Record: 28-5 • Enrollment: 692

Coach's résumé

B.B. King is in his second year as Patriots coach. He was a former assistant at Knott Central and Letcher Central. He played in two state tournaments for Knott Central (1978 and 1980), and was an assistant on three Patriot teams that made the Sweet Sixteen (1991-93).

Starters

Player Height Class Points

Camron Justice 6-1 Fr. 21.1

Zack Davis 6-2 Sr. 14.6

Evan Hall 6-5 Fr 9.7

Seth Adams 6-0 Sr. 6.1

Simon Christon6-2 Fr. 4.5

Scouting Report

The Patriots start three freshmen and their sixth man is a freshman, but they've played like a veteran team all season. They won the Fayette County Invitational Tournament, and the WYMT Mountain Classic. "I call 'em my babies, and I tell them to leave their toys at home," King said with a laugh. "But they're level-headed and they play like older kids." Justice and Davis are the go-to guys. Hall, whose grandfather was teammates with "King" Kelly Coleman at Wayland, is strong inside (6.5 rpg). Knott Central prefers an up-tempo style. "We're at our best when we get out and run," King said.

Glue guy

Davis missed most of his junior year because of knee injuries and surgeries, but he's been Knott Central's senior leader this season. "He plays so hard, after the game it's all he can do to walk," King said. "He's our leader, our go-to guy." Davis, who got a 33 on the ACT, could play college hoops somewhere, but King said he'll probably attend UK on an academic scholarship.

Player to watch

Justice was something of a phenom last season when, as an eighth-grader, he averaged 20 points for East Ridge. He's even better this season. "He just turned 15, but he plays like he's 18 years old," King said. "He's like a senior out there. He just finds ways to score."

Sweet history

This is the Patriots' ninth time in the state tournament. They've made it to the quarterfinals twice.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/13/21082...rylink=cpy
HeGotGame Wrote:Most Knott fans are proud of and appreciate what both young men do on the court!The team left for Lexington earlier.. Good luck boys!
How much money were they able to raise by going around taking pictures with the grade school kids in the county? I'm sure the boys felt pretty good having people pay them to have a picture taken with them. Just wondering how this "fundraiser" went over, sounds like an easy way to make some traveling money for the week at Rupp. Very good idea!! :worthy:
Wall4president Wrote:How much money were they able to raise by going around taking pictures with the grade school kids in the county? I'm sure the boys felt pretty good having people pay them to have a picture taken with them. Just wondering how this "fundraiser" went over, sounds like an easy way to make some traveling money for the week at Rupp. Very good idea!! :worthy:
Is that even a legal fundraiser for these high school kids to do? Would hope that something like this would not hurt their status as a high school or college player.
boone co 51 kcc 47
Go KCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th Region champ Boone County (27-7) takes on 14th Region champ Knott County Central (28-5) in Thursday’s second game in Rupp Arena.
Knott Central jumped ahead 9-1, and leads 9-4 with 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Seth Adams and Zack Davis have each hit a 3-point for the Patriots. Boone County missed its first 10 shots of the game.
Zack Davis has hit three 3-pointers to spark Knott Central to a 19-8 lead after one quarter. The Patriots are 7-for-11 from the field compared to Boone County’s 3-for-14.
[COLOR="blue"]End 1st

Knott Central 19-8

Zach Davis with 3 3pointers[/COLOR]
Trying to watch it on sorry azz Ihigh and cant get the live feed. Sucks!
^ I hate watching videos on Ihigh
Knott County Central 32, Boone County 27, halftime: Patriots’ biggest lead was 28-14, but Rebels closed half with 13-4 run. Zach Davis has 15 points to lead Knott. Zane McQueary leads Boone with eight points.
Zack Davis hit 3 of 4 three-pointers and has 15 points and 5 rebounds to lead Knott Central. Boone County missed its first 10 shots, but warmed up to finish the half 12-for-32 (38%). Zane McQueary has 8 points and 4 rebounds for the Rebels.
[COLOR="blue"]4th 5:00

Knott Central 62-46

Knott Central leads Boone County 62-46 with under 5 minutes left. The Patriots continue to burn the nets. They’re 20 of 31 (64%), incluindg 6-for-11 on three-pointers.[/COLOR]
Is #21 Christon a freshman? Just heard someone say he's either a freshman or sophomore. Kid can certainly play
Freshmen, Christon, Hall, Cornett and Justice. Davis and Adams seniors, Shrum Junior. that's their 7.